Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 06:58 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,107,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaduced View Post
Women worth anything won't care.
OOOOO I like this answer. ^

My guy is 5'8" and is bald. I love him just the way he is - even his stubborn-ness. Maybe. LOL

Personality, a sense of humor and good character are more important than the amount of hair on your head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2016, 09:32 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,796,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
It is no more of an advantage or disadvantage than any other checklist requirement that some have for their potential romantic partners. Some will like it others will not and there is nothing you can do about it.
I don't agree. Guys like the OP are usually interested in volume/probability; a common difference the genders have Whereas you'll often hear women say that numbers don't matter if you're not finding the right KIND of guy, a lot of men might prefer to attract whoever they can and then choose to screen from there.

So in the OP's case, they're not asking how balding would affect their attractiveness to any particular women, but to women as a whole. "Do all women hate balding? Some? Most?" And to that end, I'd argue that balding is less of a disadvantage than being short or broke, for example.

For some women, it's a dealbreaker, but it's been my experience that most don't mind, and some even prefer it. It doesn't HELP to be bald (especially since if you have hair, you can still CHOOSE to be bald), but it doesn't hurt as badly as a lot of other checklist items.

Old 03-02-2016, 09:33 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,796,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge5 View Post
I like pretty over curvy.
I'm the other way around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I don't think I've ever seen an ugly woman with great boobs, but maybe that's because if she has great boobs, there's really no need to look at her face.
I have. I've dated a few women that would be considered objectively unattractive, but had fantastic bodies. Personally, some of the more traditionally "unattractive" physical features don't bother me, and sometimes even add a quirky charm.

Old 03-02-2016, 10:13 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,925,236 times
I know women who find bald men attractive

When I was sepperated from my wife and dating, I met a few woman from old and they all said same thing "its so refreshing to meet a guy in his 40's who isn't fat and bald"...

What I took from that...if you're in your 40-50's and bald, DONT be fat too lol

Old 03-02-2016, 07:34 PM

17,536 posts, read 39,147,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
I know women who find bald men attractive

When I was sepperated from my wife and dating, I met a few woman from old and they all said same thing "its so refreshing to meet a guy in his 40's who isn't fat and bald"...

What I took from that...if you're in your 40-50's and bald, DONT be fat too lol
THIS ^^^. Bald can be very sexy IF you are thin and fit. I have been attracted to all sorts of guys over my life, tall, short, thick hair, thin hair, bald, ethnic, skinny, glasses, big nose you name it. The ONLY type I have never found physically attractive no matter what is fat.... sorry..

Old 03-02-2016, 11:07 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,868,976 times
I have a bald spot in back, which started in my early/mid 20s. I never really had mich of an issue in regards to that, even though it was only a couple years ago I started buzzing my hair down... Never had an issue meeting and dating 7 to 10's and recently married, I believe because I am visibly confident and charismatic.

On the one hand, an attractive person of either gender will have an easier time of dating, but on the other, I think that most women would rather have a guy who's average, balding, overweight, short, or whatever who is extremely confident and charming than a hunk who's a dumbass, a crybaby, or immature.

Old 03-02-2016, 11:40 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
Not really my thing. I mean I wouldn't leave my husband for losing his hair, but it would be rare if I dated a guy who was bald.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-03-2016, 12:07 AM

14,767 posts, read 17,118,754 times
No disadvantage imo. I like a bald man, it can be very sexy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
I think it looks really good when the man takes the bold approach of keeping his head shaved. And for some reason, growing a beard or goatee just kicks it up a notch
Yep. If they own it, and shave it

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHillbilly View Post
Hey, all you need to be a WINNER (and to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN) is a bad comb over!

Lol! Good example of exactly what NOT to do.

Old 03-03-2016, 12:07 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,479,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjm1976 View Post
I'm pretty sure that she didn't break up with me because of my lack of confidence because I didn't let my hairloss bother me when I first noticed it and my personality was the same it always was.

Yes, she did.

[your post is proof]

Old 03-03-2016, 04:26 AM

2,135 posts, read 5,490,893 times
Yes there are chicks out there who like bald dudes, but in my opinion going bald (I'm talking shaving head here) is lazy, like a chick cutting her hair short. If a man puts great effort into getting good haircuts, this should sit better than any random head shave. Baseball caps are your best friend if your hairline troops are slowly retreating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships