Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2016, 09:44 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,165,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiethegreat View Post
I use to be a bit mean,now Im not at all,but boys definately prefer it ,the more you ignore them,tease them etc the more nuts they go I've found.
She's exactly right: boys prefer it, but men won't tolerate that BS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2016, 09:50 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,177,104 times
Agreed. And when I was a boy, I didn't put up with it then either.

Last edited by The Big Lebowski Dude; 04-19-2016 at 10:11 PM..

Old 04-20-2016, 05:38 AM

28,678 posts, read 18,806,457 times
Quote:
It didn't become a proverb for nothing.
I notice you referenced boyfriends in plural. They come and they go? Do you think that will work for women who want someone who is going to stay?

Old 04-20-2016, 03:45 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,337,227 times
Actually They stick around if you remain a little less than keen,e.g a guy I had been ignoring for months wouldn't leave me alone hi everyday etc,after he read my diary which was nothing but declarations of love for him he ran for the hills.
Guys like the pursuit and the pursuit means being a bit cold and mean,but yeah I agree that it's something you grow out of.
And frankly I was not doing it on purpose I was just a bit anxious about the whole thing.

I don't think George Clooney would have married Amal if she had been kind and keen he specifically chose her out of the zillions of women he could have had,because she snubbed him many times sparking his curiosity.

Old 04-20-2016, 03:52 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,533,575 times
Quote:
Actually They stick around if you remain a little less than keen,e.g a guy I had been ignoring for months wouldn't leave me alone hi everyday etc,after he read my diary which was nothing but declarations of love for him he ran for the hills.
Guys like the pursuit and the pursuit means being a bit cold and mean,but yeah I agree that it's something you grow out of.
And frankly I was not doing it on purpose I was just a bit anxious about the whole thing.

I don't think George Clooney would have married Amal if she had been kind and keen he specifically chose her out of the zillions of women he could have had,because she snubbed him many times sparking his curiosity.
Well I LOVE!!!! The chase or pursuit as you put it, but if she's daft enough to play hard to get in effect by being mean ( it's obvious if it's genuinely being mean or just to " keep you coming " ) then I'd leave her to it and say " ta ta ".......... And most of the other blokes on the planet wouldn't put up with it either

Unless of course they didn't have any other options......

Old 04-20-2016, 06:10 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,203,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
The plain average types are the ones that get approached the most, in my experience (because not every woman is gorgeous). And unless, shes dressed in a nuns outfit, she will get some sort of male attention; some wanted and unwanted.
Really? I NEVER, EVER see this. EVER.

Old 04-20-2016, 06:15 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,203,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
You need to meet better men your age. Just sayin.
LOL Good luck with that. At 48 they all still want a 35 yr old supermodel

Old 04-20-2016, 06:31 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,590,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful Architect View Post
Hello.

Let's say you have a choice between two girls, both the same age (let's say 24), and both the same size (both are a size 2).

One is significantly more beautiful in the face, and absolutely no one would call her ugly; her personality isn't terrible either, it's very down to earth, and she's sweet to you.

The other has a significant amount in common with you (such as you share a common hobby or two) and is well-traveled, well-read, etc. for her age. Her face isn't horrid, but definitely not beautiful. She's rather calm and kind also.

If these two girls were competing for the same guy (you), what would the "less attractive" one have to do to win you over? (For long-term love).

I find myself in this position a lot...as the unattractive one.

I'm not asking about a specific guy or whining, but rather, asking for tips and ideas that might help me "compete" with prettier women my same age.

I know that the usual advice is "work out, makeup, hair, dress nice", however, those things can only do so much when your unattractiveness lies in genetic factors, like having a huge nose.

Thanks in advance for your advice. I appreciate honesty above all; that's always more useful.
either belong to his religion or otherwise be a great lover.

Old 04-20-2016, 06:33 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
Really? I NEVER, EVER see this. EVER.
I'm sure most, if not all, women here have been approached, and or been flirted with at least once in their life?

Old 04-20-2016, 07:01 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,411,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful Architect View Post
Hello.

Let's say you have a choice between two girls, both the same age (let's say 24), and both the same size (both are a size 2).

One is significantly more beautiful in the face, and absolutely no one would call her ugly; her personality isn't terrible either, it's very down to earth, and she's sweet to you.

The other has a significant amount in common with you (such as you share a common hobby or two) and is well-traveled, well-read, etc. for her age. Her face isn't horrid, but definitely not beautiful. She's rather calm and kind also.

If these two girls were competing for the same guy (you), what would the "less attractive" one have to do to win you over? (For long-term love).

I find myself in this position a lot...as the unattractive one.

I'm not asking about a specific guy or whining, but rather, asking for tips and ideas that might help me "compete" with prettier women my same age.

I know that the usual advice is "work out, makeup, hair, dress nice", however, those things can only do so much when your unattractiveness lies in genetic factors, like having a huge nose.

Thanks in advance for your advice. I appreciate honesty above all; that's always more useful.
Magnets - Disclosure - Vevo

Any questions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships