Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 05:06 AM

2 posts, read 1,743 times

Advertisements

I have noticed with past boyfriends including the one I am currently involved with being seen as tough and dominate is a huge thing. Sure they can vary in different ways and they can be more or less caring and understanding, but for example my current bf as well as other past boyfriends really love their shoot/kill and destroy video games. I know it may seem as a minor thing to complain about but to me it just seems like an adolescent male power fantasy, am I the only one?

Old 06-13-2016, 05:41 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,700,808 times
Imo and basic on my own experience it is really hard work to find a guy who does not want to control or manipulate you, nor want to be a master of the house.

Don't give up for finding a nice one

And no need to tolerate killing games either. There is lot of different games to play or even men who have other hobbies than playing.

Don't be with a one who makes you uncomfortable.

Old 06-13-2016, 05:51 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,957,722 times
I thought women want a confident man who takes the lead in a relationship?

It's when the woman wants to drive the bus telling the man to sit down and shut up cause I'm driving mentality is where I think things get rough.

These video games are unhooking a lot of young men to reality. They are getting lost in a fantasy world. It's not good.

Believe it or not but there are guys out there that have no interest in electronic video games.

Old 06-13-2016, 05:52 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,037,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
Imo and basic on my own experience it is really hard work to find a guy who does not want to control or manipulate you, nor want to be a master of the house.

Don't give up for finding a nice one

And no need to tolerate killing games either. There is lot of different games to play or even men who have other hobbies than playing.

Don't be with a one who makes you uncomfortable.
I agree with this and it may be one of the reasons I exhaust men that I attract. I am uncontrollable and want to run my own life. They can conform or not, but I don't change for anyone.

Old 06-13-2016, 05:59 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,037,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
I thought women want a confident man who takes the lead in a relationship?

It's when the woman wants to drive the bus telling the man to sit down and shut up cause I'm driving mentality is where I think things get rough.

These video games are unhooking a lot of young men to reality. They are getting lost in a fantasy world. It's not good.

Believe it or not but there are guys out there that have no interest in electronic video games.
No I want a confident man that meets me halfway in the relationship. But when we disagree, I have tie breaking authority...

Old 06-13-2016, 06:01 AM

1,636 posts, read 3,167,111 times
Your example of the need to be "dominating" is shooter games?

I love shooter games, and so does my husband. We both make household decisions pretty equally and I don't ever feel like he controls me. I'm curious what you think a dominating and controlling man is, because from your post it seems like a guy who happens to enjoy shooter games. Meh.

Old 06-13-2016, 06:02 AM

1,636 posts, read 3,167,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
No I want a confident man that meets me halfway in the relationship. But when we disagree, I have tie breaking authority...
This is called a one sided relationship.

Old 06-13-2016, 06:07 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,637,839 times
Yes but mostly in the bedroom setting. Most women like it

Old 06-13-2016, 06:09 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,108,006 times
Change dating pools.

Plenty of guys out there that don't feel the need to outwardly display toughness and domination. I also don't think games have anything to do with it. They have always existed. Oh.. and they are not "confident" men.... more like insecure men.

Most of the game obsessed guys I've run across are usually passive lifers that don't take charge of anything. I do think gaming does suck on the brain... that's a problem.

Old 06-13-2016, 06:20 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,957,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmw36 View Post
This is called a one sided relationship.
Tie goes to the runner.

Most men are not attracted to dominant women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships