Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 02:14 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,957,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Why does anyone need to "take the lead" in a relationship?

Somebody has to drive.

Why do we need a manager, a president?

Old 06-13-2016, 02:21 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post

Somebody has to drive.

Can't they both do that?

Old 06-13-2016, 02:22 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonPinkieus View Post
I just mean why guys need to constantly feel super violent about things. Like in video games the ultra gory games are the biggest sellers and are especially egregious. Why the need for the immature power fantasy at all?
They don't, OP. Only SOME guys are into that. Look for the other guys. Bust out of your rut.

Old 06-13-2016, 02:26 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,037,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Sounds like you're not willing to compromise and actually want a man you can control.
No not at all. I don't have time or desire to tell any man what to do. But I also don't want anyone telling me what I can wear, who I can talk to and where I can go. I have had several try this over the years and I flee from any control.

I also don't want to fight. I don't mind hearing opinions, but at the end of the day, I am still going to do what I want to do.

Old 06-13-2016, 02:28 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,957,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
Of course not because some of them has this need to build their self-esteem and other mental issues by leading and controlling a woman. Strong women are scary, lol Not that dominant would equal strong itself.. Even women who state their opinions seems to be scary to some men.. So threatening, women have opinions and even dare to have their own strong opinions! How a man could prove to be a man if his woman would be strong and independent?

Either one does not have to dominate another

All should have their boundaries and deal breakers when they are not losing themselves by not letting another dominate or control.

But when both has purely goals that takes boths needs consider, always, there is 2 person (if kids, then more) 2 different needs, 2 different wishes, 2 goals, 2 values etc.

Always think for your spouses side in every issue. When you try to find a way to do things when both can have their style and way.

You can do many things by including both:s wishes and styles on it.

Instead I have seen many people who try to manipulate and force another to do things exactly like they want and only by that way.

Really, buy 2 toothpaste and both squeeze it exactly as want, set 2 toalet paper rolls on the wall and roll it into a way you want, set 2 toalet seats if cannot agree the cover be up or down, there is lot of just as stupid things that couples are fighting for and many of them are actually only battles of "who is the master of this house"...

Always remember 2 instead you, always remember to think your spouses point of view, always settle yourself into your spouses place, always be sympathic and you are able to find golden way, not necessary middle way but way to do things by your boths ways. When both are working for boths happiness it has better chances to work.

Of course assuming you are enough similar type and not totally opposite in everything. Does not fit for sex either, opposite tastes are actually forcing another something rape-like. So in sex, people should have same taste. I would equal pulling hair as violence and some other women could like it for some reason. So especially in sex both cannot have their own style if they are too opposite. There is no "women" , there is individuals with different mind sets and characters.
You have some good points.

The bold is way too familiar. It's like I'm not allowed to be myself. Like I'm not following the script.

I wish this on no one.

The best things a relationship gives two people is an opportunity to express themselves and have their thoughts, dreams and opinions actually matter. Letting the other continue being themselves yet living in a shared partnership still believing and respecting the 'his' 'hers' boundaries.

Old 06-13-2016, 02:35 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,211,591 times
Quote:

Somebody has to drive.

Funny, I thought relationships were between two people, not hundreds of thousands who need management and direction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonPinkieus View Post
I just mean why guys need to constantly feel super violent about things. Like in video games the ultra gory games are the biggest sellers and are especially egregious. Why the need for the immature power fantasy at all?
So what is this thread really about, the fact that you don't like violent video games and you want to know why people play them in general or just the guys you are dating?

The answer to the latter is simple, date other men. But it's like I said, you are over analyzing this.

Old 06-13-2016, 03:11 PM

52,286 posts, read 52,713,798 times
This sorta knuckle draggin Neanderthal machismo BS is much more common among young men, the older guys get most of the time they mellow out a bit and don't feel the need to be that way as much.

Old 06-13-2016, 03:17 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,211,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
This sorta knuckle draggin Neanderthal machismo BS is much more common among young men, the older guys get most of the time they mellow out a bit and don't feel the need to be that way as much.
Because younger people by the nature of being young haven't figured themselves out yet. C'mon Chow, don't be that guy.

Old 06-13-2016, 03:18 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,310,000 times
Quote:
I thought women want a confident man who takes the lead in a relationship?

It's when the woman wants to drive the bus telling the man to sit down and shut up cause I'm driving mentality is where I think things get rough.

These video games are unhooking a lot of young men to reality. They are getting lost in a fantasy world. It's not good.

Believe it or not but there are guys out there that have no interest in electronic video games.
If it weren't for video games I would've eaten a bullet already.

Old 06-13-2016, 03:18 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,235,784 times
Quote:

Somebody has to drive.
Two licensed drivers can take turns

Quote:
In a romantic relationship? That only works if one of you is supposed to subordinate
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships