Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 04:53 PM

28,677 posts, read 18,801,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
No not at all. I don't have time or desire to tell any man what to do. But I also don't want anyone telling me what I can wear, who I can talk to and where I can go. I have had several try this over the years and I flee from any control.
You first stated a position of absolute non compromise on any issue. Now you've gone all the way out of the ball park to the edge of the parking lot.

Quote:
I also don't want to fight. I don't mind hearing opinions, but at the end of the day, I am still going to do what I want to do.
I have discovered over 60+ years that the only way to achieve that state is alone.

Old 06-13-2016, 06:34 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,310,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Here we go again
You know I'm right. The majority of women will not approach a man infact some are down right militant against it.

Old 06-13-2016, 06:49 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,235,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
You know I'm right. The majority of women will not approach a man infact some are down right militant against it.
Maybe it's because of men, like yourself, who think ill of women who do do the approaching.

Old 06-13-2016, 09:09 PM

19,723 posts, read 20,255,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPbud View Post
thump-thump-thump
goes the testosterone hormone,
coursing through your veins and beating in your ears, like jungle drums calling you to a war-party. Something women and lesser males just don't understand.

Video games: I dont consider that overtly masculine behavior, but when you see someone who turns on certain game modes like "extra gore" and "extra gibs" (Rated M: for Mature), you wonder about them.

I consider "UFC" and "rap music" far more proto-masculine behavior. Although it attenuates in time, last time I saw a bunch of buffoons screaming incoherently at a Superbowl game... it does not belong solely to adolescence. Soccer hooligans are grown-ass men.

Someone who wants and needs psychological or interpersonal relationship *domination* - that's a bit much. But for every guy who insists ("I drive" - no exceptions) there exists a girl who insists ("I'm always on top") or ("we're going to my sisters house this weekend"). And there are others who willingly want to make you a sammich, but will tell you how to dress and how to cut/style your hair, who your friends can be, and if the Royal We is buying a new sportscar OR a dinette sets & sectional sofa with "our" salary bonus.

We each make on our own concessions about what we will tolerate from another persons 'lead'.
^ Can't argue with that.

Old 06-13-2016, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Maybe it's because of men, like yourself, who think ill of women who do do the approaching.
I don't think ill of them at least not anymore I might not be in interested in them but it takes courage to talk to someone you like.

Old 06-14-2016, 02:25 AM

1,544 posts, read 925,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Maybe you should hang out with older dudes since the males of this generation are so beneath you.

Apparently people are missing the real issues of this thread which that either:

The OP is over analyzing things.

or

she needs to find out why she is picking the same kind of dudes.

Of course here on CD, many posters will not pass the opportunity to start chest thumping and roast millennial males. CD's acceptable target.

Some folks never grow up past high school.
Bingo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Balancing masculine/feminine energy within oneself is the key. As is investing in a mate whose energy is complimentary to yours. Any imbalances will generally become seriously problematic, resulting in constant power struggles. So basically, know who the f you're dealing with before you commit..lol
To quote the late Isaac Hayes, "You're damn right."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
This sorta knuckle draggin Neanderthal machismo BS is much more common among young men, the older guys get most of the time they mellow out a bit and don't feel the need to be that way as much.
Cosigned. Now my two cents...

Misguided boys look to dominate because they lack the huevos, so they try to compensate with machismo. While I may step back and let a guy do his own thing, I'm not going to be some Stepford Wife either.

Take me as I am, or have nothing at all. ~Mary J. Blige

Old 06-14-2016, 02:39 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,057,359 times
Why are their so many women that want to act like men these days? Then they get annoyed when they meet men that als want to act like men.

Makes no sense.

Old 06-14-2016, 02:56 AM

1,544 posts, read 925,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo View Post
Why are their so many women that want to act like men these days? Then they get annoyed when they meet men that als want to act like men.

Makes no sense.
You tell me.

Old 06-14-2016, 09:45 AM

19,723 posts, read 20,255,257 times
Quote:

Makes no sense.
It makes perfect sense. ~ Women generally don't 'want' to, often we are forced to.. Life experiences can serve to strengthen a woman in ways that are hard to undo.. Pain does that to people. ( For example: Just imagine the strength it takes to be single mother.... Mind blowing. . . . ) Often I have to put on my armour (so to speak) bc as a 'single', beautiful woman, I'm at the mercy of these damn fools out here in the world.. The lames, the losers, creeps, predators, they're everywhere. That being said, I can & easily do soften in the presence of true masculine energy that is greater than my own, as well as complementary. I get to be a lady bc I don't have to compensate for a lesser man acting like he's constantly on the rag, like some do... Lol * Every Yin for its Yang. * Energy does not lie. . .

Old 06-14-2016, 09:51 AM

Quote:

Makes no sense.
That's one of my deal breakers in a woman and that is a manly woman. It is not cute at all to me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships