Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 03:22 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,310,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Why does anyone need to "take the lead" in a relationship?
If men don't take the lead in a relationship the human race will die off. Women aren't approaching men so we have to take the lead.

Old 06-13-2016, 03:23 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,971,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Yes but mostly in the bedroom setting. Most women like it
This one does! I also believe in letting a man be a man... In as much as being the dominate is pretty much in their nature. My stance is " let him be in charge... until it's time for him to NOT be in charge" ( like as long as he's not controlling, or abusive). I generally only see my SO on the weekends. I spend all week taking care of my business and making my own decisions. I relish the weekends when I can just relax and let him do most of the lifting.

Old 06-13-2016, 03:29 PM

52,287 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Because younger people by the nature of being young haven't figured themselves out yet. C'mon Chow, don't be that guy.
It was implied that it was a youth thing, I didn't fully expand the thought, but yeah, people tend to grow a bit and "learn" better ways to conduct themselves as they age.

Old 06-13-2016, 03:32 PM

941 posts, read 3,912,534 times
this thread is an excruciatingly clear indicator the battle of sexes aren't going to die out anytime soon

Old 06-13-2016, 03:35 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,236,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
If men don't take the lead in a relationship the human race will die off. Women aren't approaching men so we have to take the lead.
Here we go again

Old 06-13-2016, 03:37 PM

52,287 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Why does anyone need to "take the lead" in a relationship?

I think that sometimes one partner might take the lead in one area just because they are better in that area, like the way some marriages one spouse is better handling the bills and staying organized and on top of that.

I have some things that I'm better at than Mrs. Chow so we defer to that approach. This is at least the way that I interpret "taking the lead" maybe I'm wrong in this interpretation.

Old 06-13-2016, 03:40 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,236,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I think that sometimes one partner might take the lead in one area just because they are better in that area, like the way some marriages one spouse is better handling the bills and staying organized and on top of that.

I have some things that I'm better at than Mrs. Chow so we defer to that approach. This is at least the way that I interpret "taking the lead" maybe I'm wrong in this interpretation.
Oh, absolutely. My point of contention is why there does one partner (in the context of this thread: the man) have to be the designated leader, as opposed to both leading in the areas they are more suited to?

Old 06-13-2016, 03:45 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Because younger people by the nature of being young haven't figured themselves out yet. C'mon Chow, don't be that guy.
It's also hormonally-driven to some extent. Older guys mellow out because their T is mellowing out. This is why studies show that more crime is caused by men under 40.

Old 06-13-2016, 04:46 PM

28,678 posts, read 18,806,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Can't they both do that?
Not at the same time.

Old 06-13-2016, 04:48 PM

2,518 posts, read 2,059,727 times
thump-thump-thump
goes the testosterone hormone,
coursing through your veins and beating in your ears, like jungle drums calling you to a war-party. Something women and lesser males just don't understand.

Video games: I dont consider that overtly masculine behavior, but when you see someone who turns on certain game modes like "extra gore" and "extra gibs" (Rated M: for Mature), you wonder about them.

I consider "UFC" and "rap music" far more proto-masculine behavior. Although it attenuates in time, last time I saw a bunch of buffoons screaming incoherently at a Superbowl game... it does not belong solely to adolescence. Soccer hooligans are grown-ass men.

Someone who wants and needs psychological or interpersonal relationship *domination* - that's a bit much. But for every guy who insists ("I drive" - no exceptions) there exists a girl who insists ("I'm always on top") or ("we're going to my sisters house this weekend"). And there are others who willingly want to make you a sammich, but will tell you how to dress and how to cut/style your hair, who your friends can be, and if the Royal We is buying a new sportscar OR a dinette sets & sectional sofa with "our" salary bonus.

We each make on our own concessions about what we will tolerate from another persons 'lead'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships