Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 05:05 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,935,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
Even better to get your lady on her own bike.
Is the NHSTA breaking out motorcycle fatalities by the gender of the riders? Because I have a gnawing (but sexist) suspicion....

Old 06-16-2016, 05:13 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,263,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Is the NHSTA breaking out motorcycle fatalities by the gender of the riders? Because I have a gnawing (but sexist) suspicion....
Yes the link I posted earlier has all the stats broken down and it shows that females riders are superior riders to men.

Ninety-two percent of motorcyclists killed in 2014 were males.

Sixty-six percent of the female motorcyclists who died in crashes in 2014 were passengers.

Ladies learn how to ride and get your own bike.

NHSTA

Old 06-16-2016, 05:23 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,935,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Yes the link I posted earlier has all the stats broken down and it shows that females riders are superior riders to men.

Ninety-two percent of motorcyclists killed in 2014 were males.

Sixty-six percent of the female motorcyclists who died in crashes in 2014 were passengers.

Ladies learn how to ride and get your own bike.

NHSTA
Well um yeah like 92% of bike riders are male. I meant per capita! But is surely must suck to wind up wherever we wind up after we you know and it was because your stupid SO overcooked the corner into a Winniebago going the other way and you were along for the thrills. What do you say?

Old 06-16-2016, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Well um yeah like 92% of bike riders are male. I meant per capita!
Bottom line, men as a whole, die more than women in motorcycle accidents. Since there is no data giving us the ratio of male to female riders or the absolute number of male and female riders, there is no way to calculate per capita. Go complain to NHSTA for not providing this data.
Quote:
But is surely must suck to wind up wherever we wind up after we you know and it was because your stupid SO overcooked the corner into a Winniebago going the other way and you were along for the thrills. What do you say?
I would say try again since this sentence is nonsensical and I can't make out what you are saying or asking.

Old 06-17-2016, 01:54 AM

2,518 posts, read 2,059,243 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Bottom line, men as a whole, die more than women in motorcycle accidents. Since there is no data giving us the ratio of male to female riders or the absolute number of male and female riders, there is no way to calculate per capita.
Oh come on now, the seed of that is right in the IIHS link. It's baby statistics to get the absolute number of licensed motorcyclists (the M1 endorsement on a CA license) per state, and a serious but doable effort to correlate that with the fatality report locations.

Fatality Facts

Old 06-17-2016, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPbud View Post
Oh come on now, the seed of that is right in the IIHS link. It's baby statistics to get the absolute number of licensed motorcyclists (the M1 endorsement on a CA license) per state, and a serious but doable effort to correlate that with the fatality report locations.

Fatality Facts
If you want per capita data we are missing one key piece of information. The absolute number of both men and female riders who actively ride.

Being licensed does not mean you are an active rider.

Also there are plenty who die riding or as a passenger on a motorcycle who are not motorcycle licensed.

In 2014, fatally injured motorcycle drivers were 28 percent more likely to be operating without a valid driver's license than in 2011 (28 percent vs. 22 percent). The rate of unlicensed fatally injured motorcycle drivers during 2014 was higher than the rate of unlicensed fatally injured passenger vehicle drivers (28 percent vs. 16 percent).

Old 06-17-2016, 03:37 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,630,750 times
You must have at least a million dollar insurance policy to help your family if you decide to do this crazy and immature move of getting a motorcycle. Does someone need to knock some sense into you? Don't you realize it's not a matter of you being safe? It's the other incompetent drivers out there. I don't even like to drive some highways because if they aren't texting or talking on the phone, they aren't paying attention to what they are doing.
I have been cut off many times by stupid drivers who shouldn't be on the road. The difference here is when you are cut off in traffic on a motorcycle it usually ends in a crash. Most times your going to be injured.
Think for a change about your family. If you were single it would be a different story.

Old 06-17-2016, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
You must have at least a million dollar insurance policy to help your family if you decide to do this crazy and immature move of getting a motorcycle. Does someone need to knock some sense into you? Don't you realize it's not a matter of you being safe? It's the other incompetent drivers out there. I don't even like to drive some highways because if they aren't texting or talking on the phone, they aren't paying attention to what they are doing.
I have been cut off many times by stupid drivers who shouldn't be on the road. The difference here is when you are cut off in traffic on a motorcycle it usually ends in a crash. Most times your going to be injured.
Think for a change about your family. If you were single it would be a different story.
Just another misinformed poster with zero motorcycle riding experience.

We as the motorcycle rider see what the clueless car driver is doing. We the motorcycle rider have full ability to move away from clueless cars that get too close, we the motorcycle rider can keep a safety pocket around us, we the motorcycle rider are in full control of how close we ride to a car or how close a car rides to us.

You are incorrect in every single assumption you have made other than the fact that there are very bad car drivers.

We the motorcycle rider are fully aware...at least many of us...of the idiotic incompetent bad car drivers on the road. If you are a wise motorcyclists you keep your distance from them.

Old 06-17-2016, 04:35 AM

8,069 posts, read 12,787,809 times
In 2013, 56 out of every 100,000 registered motorcycles was involved in a fatal crash, compared with only 9 out of every 100,000 passenger cars, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).

I think you should listen to your wife.

Old 06-17-2016, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
In 2013, 56 out of every 100,000 registered motorcycles was involved in a fatal crash, compared with only 9 out of every 100,000 passenger cars, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).

I think you should listen to your wife.

I think you don't understand statics or proper comparisons.

OP don't listen to those who have zero experience riding. They are just inexperienced, unknowable fear mongers who don't know what they are talking about.

The stats link has been posted multiple times. I suggest those who don't now what they are talking about study it very carefully before posting utter nonsense.

A whopping 40% or more had accident that did not involve any other vehicle. That says a lot.

There are very telling stats in that link that has been posted multiple time.

Last edited by Matadora; 06-17-2016 at 04:55 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships