Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2016, 07:57 AM

4,005 posts, read 4,106,650 times

Advertisements

Back to the Future is one of my faves!

I'm feeling crappy today. I'm at work and can hear my pillow and electric blanket calling my name. I'm not sick (well, not physically, ha!), but I just want to get my flannel on, wrap up in a blanket, snuggle and veg.

Seven more hours. I think I can, I think I can.

Happy Friday, Everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2016, 05:20 PM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times
To me it's fascinating how people process and interpret information. It seems like with some people you have literally no control of how and what you say will be received. I think that information must somehow get ran through literally dozens of filters and pre-set cognitive biases people have once it get from point A to point B. It's fascinating and scary on another level.

Have been watching Brit Hume a bit lately and he has a "mean tweets" segment where he reads off various tweets and emails that his viewers send him. Some are mean and some are funny. He gets a lot of them that say he's biased and in the tank for Hilary and then he gets an equal amount of them that say he's in the tank for Trump. I personally have never seen him say positive about either one, at least enough to be certain of his views, he tends to play it down the middle a little bit.

It's just weird how can one person process it one way and the next person the compete opposite other way. LOL

Strange stuff......

Last edited by Chowhound; 11-04-2016 at 05:29 PM..

Old 11-04-2016, 05:34 PM

I completely understand what you are saying , Chow. Hillary has a couple commercials out that I'm sure weren't intended to be thought of as I think of them.

There is one showing Trump saying stupid stuff while kids are watching. What I see is just that, but also I see Hillary exposing the same stupid stuff to kids because she's repeating it.

I still don't like her. I still don't like Trump.

Old 11-04-2016, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
I completely understand what you are saying , Chow. Hillary has a couple commercials out that I'm sure weren't intended to be thought of as I think of them.

There is one showing Trump saying stupid stuff while kids are watching. What I see is just that, but also I see Hillary exposing the same stupid stuff to kids because she's repeating it.

I still don't like her. I still don't like Trump.
I'm assuming you're at home and made it through your work day.

Yeah.... I had my voting ballot on sitting on my desk all week cause I just couldn't figure out what bubble to fill in for prez.

Neither one does anything for me. Clinton is probably the safer bet if you wanna have the status quo and Trump is the "new blood" or whatever. Depending on the power balance within the House and Senate if Clinton gets in and has a Dem majority things will change, if not, it's the same ol' same ol'. Not making a judgement about that either way, just sayin.

IDK... polling data indicates that the vast majority of Americans are very upset with the gridlock and things not getting done. I'm about ready myself to go all Michael Douglass "Falling Down" over here.

Old 11-04-2016, 06:59 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,929,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
IDK... polling data indicates that the vast majority of Americans are very upset with the gridlock and things not getting done. I'm about ready myself to go all Michael Douglass "Falling Down" over here.
So I'm assuming that you build missile's and that you lost your job? And you're not very happy because plastic surgeon's get all the money and you're obsolete and no longer economically viable?

That's definitely in my top 5 favorite movie's though!

Why the hell does Trump use ''You can't always get what you want'' as his campaign theme song? It just doesn't make any sense.

Just trying to maybe analyze it, perhaps overly-analyzing it, it almost seems like it's a dig at people that don't like him.

''You can't always get what you want (a good candidate for president) but you just might find that you get what you NEED (which is Trump for president!)''

Very odd use of a theme song there.

Old 11-05-2016, 04:44 PM

I spent the day helping a co-worker with cancer move into a new apartment.

What I learned: I'm not 20 anymore. Of course, I already knew that, but I'm good at denial. My backside is dragging.

Maybe I can work on my own place tomorrow, for a change.

Old 11-06-2016, 10:04 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,396,829 times
With all the turmoil in the world today, we need to keep in mind what's important. Cute baby animal videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wTWWjYTe1I

I wish I was a person who enjoyed yardwork, because today is a good day to do it, but I hate it so much. I'm trying to convince myself that I really do want to put on shoes and cut the grass for the last time this year.

Old 11-06-2016, 10:14 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,867,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
With all the turmoil in the world today, we need to keep in mind what's important. Cute baby animal videos:

I wish I was a person who enjoyed yardwork, because today is a good day to do it, but I hate it so much. I'm trying to convince myself that I really do want to put on shoes and cut the grass for the last time this year.
Awww...that was important!
(Plant some bulbs and wildflower seeds while you're out there, too.)

Old 11-06-2016, 07:32 PM

We had a weird thing happen today. Across the street we heard what we thought was a couple fighting. Heard a woman scream a couple of time, really loudly and sounding pretty distressed. It only last a minute of so and then stopped. I was gonna call the cops if it went on any longer just because the screams were pretty bloodcurdling sounding it's sorta freak Mrs. Chow and I out.

Cut to about hour or so later we hear the fire department roll up and 3 cop cars showed up and one of the police officers was just about running up the house. It was surreal, I was praying that nothing major happened we were almost half expecting to see someone get wheeled out on a gurney. Was pretty unnerving for a little while.

It turned out to be a young kid probably around 15 or 16 or so. He was brought out by the police screaming and squealing and sounded like a woman. It must have been him making all the noise earlier. They brought him out and put him in a the back of a paramedic truck. IDK, apparently they took him away.

Not sure what actually happened. He didn't appear to be hurt, but who knows, maybe he had some kind of meltdown or something IDK. His father was out there talking to the police for a bit after they took the kid away. I hope it turns out OK.

I was just scared as hell that they were gonna haul away a body. You hear so much stuff in the news anymore, you get a little jumpy.

Old 11-06-2016, 08:27 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,867,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
We had a weird thing happen today. Across the street we heard what we thought was a couple fighting. Heard a woman scream a couple of time, really loudly and sounding pretty distressed. It only last a minute of so and then stopped. I was gonna call the cops if it went on any longer just because the screams were pretty bloodcurdling sounding it's sorta freak Mrs. Chow and I out.

Cut to about hour or so later we hear the fire department roll up and 3 cop cars showed up and one of the police officers was just about running up the house. It was surreal, I was praying that nothing major happened we were almost half expecting to see someone get wheeled out on a gurney. Was pretty unnerving for a little while.

It turned out to be a young kid probably around 15 or 16 or so. He was brought out by the police screaming and squealing and sounded like a woman. It must have been him making all the noise earlier. They brought him out and put him in a the back of a paramedic truck. IDK, apparently they took him away.

Not sure what actually happened. He didn't appear to be hurt, but who knows, maybe he had some kind of meltdown or something IDK. His father was out there talking to the police for a bit after they took the kid away. I hope it turns out OK.

I was just scared as hell that they were gonna haul away a body. You hear so much stuff in the news anymore, you get a little jumpy.
Drugs? Mentally ill? Refusing to take meds? It's the antecedent to the "new arrival" where I work, usually with a 72 hour hold in the psych ward in between. Their parents can no longer deal with being chased around the house with a knife, stolen from, siblings beaten up, self injurious behavior, other anti-social outbursts and abuse. One never can tell what's going on at their neighbor's house.

I think I'll call my daughter again and thank her, some of us don't appreciate how lucky we are/were
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships