Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2016, 06:35 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
When Tarantino put out Pulp Fiction, I thought man, what a unique and different way of filming. It was a great movie but I sorta trailed off of his stuff, starting getting a little silly and "grindcore" style like the way Rodriguez does. We recently watch that movie The Hateful 8 and after seeing that film I'm done with his crap. Was too long and unnecessarily gory. I'm not really offended per se, it's just a bit much. There are a few over-the-top scenes that just made me do this a couple of times. Mrs. Chow didn't care much either.

We usually just wait for stuff to hit Netflix or Redbox.
He ran his mouth before the release of Hateful 8. Didn't miss anything.

I had a habit of going through the $5 bin at Walmart. If I couldn't find it I'd go to Amazon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2016, 06:38 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Speaking of Netflix/Tarantino, we watched Django Unchained for the first time last week. The gore and language is what makes the Tarantino flick Tarantino-like. Think about the scene in Pulp Fiction where the gun went off accidentally in the car.

Last night we watched In Bruges with Colin Farrell and Ralph Fiennes, and we really enjoyed it. Comedy on the dark side, we laughed quite a few times. Especially when Farrell delivers a line in the dwarf's hotel room about 'manky prostitiutes' - I had to look that one up.
We saw that one years ago, so I barely remember it, but I know I liked it.

EDIT: I just watched the trailer. May have to watch it again. "An Uzi? I'm not from south central Los Angeleez. I want a normal gun for a normal person."

Last edited by SeaOfGrass; 08-27-2016 at 06:52 PM..

Old 08-27-2016, 06:42 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,929,349 times
Quote:
The Gardner debate would have went over in my head for about 30 to 45 seconds, screw that mess. Gardeners need work too and I feel like it's my duty to help ensure that they too have work as they have families as well.

My only reason for not using a landscaper at this point, is that most of my lawn is in the backyard. And to gain access to the backyard, I have a pretty strong face and it's locked. Only because when I first moved here and renovated the house with my friend, I bought a shed just to put both my dirtbike and the Harley I have. Since I have no garage. So the only way to gain access to my backyard is by a key or you have to be in damn good shape to scale the fence.

And I'm pretty much not home from 8:30-9:00 AM all the way until sometimes 6:00 PM or later on weekdays. My fiance is also working Tuesday-Friday from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM. So somebody with either have to give them a key or to be home to allow them to gain access to the backyard.

Old 08-27-2016, 06:44 PM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Speaking of Netflix/Tarantino, we watched Django Unchained for the first time last week. The gore and language is what makes the Tarantino flick Tarantino-like. Think about the scene in Pulp Fiction where the gun went off accidentally in the car.

Last night we watched In Bruges with Colin Farrell and Ralph Fiennes, and we really enjoyed it. Comedy on the dark side, we laughed quite a few times. Especially when Farrell delivers a line in the dwarf's hotel room about 'manky prostitiutes' - I had to look that one up.
I am guilty of laughing my ass off for literally about 15 minutes when the gun accidently goes off and blows the guys head off, it was just the banter back and forth between them that was just hilarious. I mean it's just the complete opposite reaction you'd think normal people would have, not them bitching at other about how stupid of a thing that just happened, then later arguing about who's on "brain detail" during the clean up.

I've said before that I really have a morbid sense of humor at times and to the point that it sorta scares me. I know I've offended people by laughing inappropriately at things. I mean in no way mean disrespect but sometimes it's how people say things or their body language that will just strike me and I'll be the only idiot in a movie theatre laughing at something that isn't supposed to be funny. I can't think of any examples off of the top of my head, but trust me... there's lot of examples.

Last edited by Chowhound; 08-27-2016 at 06:55 PM..

Old 08-27-2016, 06:48 PM

The best accidental gunshot scene was in Boondock Saints. Where Rocco hits the cat. It was so ridiculous. The next line was epic.

"Is he dead?"

Old 08-27-2016, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
My only reason for not using a landscaper at this point, is that most of my lawn is in the backyard. And to gain access to the backyard, I have a pretty strong face and it's locked. Only because when I first moved here and renovated the house with my friend, I bought a shed just to put both my dirtbike and the Harley I have. Since I have no garage. So the only way to gain access to my backyard is by a key or you have to be in damn good shape to scale the fence.

And I'm pretty much not home from 8:30-9:00 AM all the way until sometimes 6:00 PM or later on weekdays. My fiance is also working Tuesday-Friday from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM. So somebody with either have to give them a key or to be home to allow them to gain access to the backyard.

That sucks. I'm just a lazy bastard and I ain't wasting time on that BS. LOL. Our next house is going to be xeriscape with no grass, really popular in the southwest as water conservation is a huge thing out this way. For some reason California is about the only state in the southwest that still has lots and lots of grass, granted you turn off the sprinklers and this place will revert back to it's more nature state.

Old 08-27-2016, 07:46 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,929,349 times
Quote:
That sucks. I'm just a lazy bastard and I ain't wasting time on that BS. LOL. Our next house is going to be xeriscape with no grass, really popular in the southwest as water conservation is a huge thing out this way. For some reason California is about the only state in the southwest that still has lots and lots of grass, granted you turn off the sprinklers and this place will revert back to it's more nature state.
I wouldn't consider myself lazy, but just being completely honest, I do feel that I have better things to do than cut grass all the time.

Literally everyone in my neighborhood who cuts their own grass and doesn't use a landscaping company, seems to cut it at least once or twice a week. I tend to do it every 2 weeks to sometimes up to 17 days after the last cut. With there being a daily Florida afternoon thunderstorm this time of year, that's a long time. Thankfully it seems like it's less rainy here than last year.

When I get home, I like to eat dinner and usually there isn't enough daylight left to cut the whole grass. I have to get home earlier or do it on the weekend. And we like to go to the beach on weekends and I like to sleep in on weekends too.

I have a sprinkler system, which was something my best friend did for me and recommended. Though I don't turn them on much for obvious reasons.

Luckily when I lived in California, I rented in a complex and they took care of the lawn.

Old 08-27-2016, 07:49 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,867,792 times
Quote:

Quote:
I am guilty of laughing my ass off for literally about 15 minutes when the gun accidently goes off and blows the guys head off...I've said before that I really have a morbid sense of humor at times and to the point that it sorta scares me. ...I'll be the only idiot in a movie theatre laughing at something that isn't supposed to be funny.
Agreed, the gore and language engages me though, it seems like it takes more and more to keep me interested for that long! Scary movies aren't scary anymore either, I used to like those. I'm working my way through the documentaries on Netflix based on real life serial killers and the insane: Carl Panzram, The Galapagos Affair, Eileen (wuornos), and yes laugh inappropriately!

Is this something for a therapist to hear?

Old 08-27-2016, 07:53 PM

I don't mind mowing the lawn. I did that this afternoon. I've all but quit landscaping. However, I still have all the equipment.

Old 08-27-2016, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
Luckily when I lived in California, I rented in a complex and they took care of the lawn.

That is one advantage to apartment living. We live in a condo and the HOA manages the grounds and we've got some really really nicely managed grounds, almost HGTV worthy, especially around the pool area, all kinds of unique looking plants and flowers. But again, I'm doing something else and the landscaper guy is handling it all. We've got so much that the dude is here everyday doing something or other, farily large complex I guess would require a full time gardner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherbcrazycatlady View Post
Agreed, the gore and language engages me though, it seems like it takes more and more to keep me interested for that long! Scary movies aren't scary anymore either, I used to like those. I'm working my way through the documentaries on Netflix based on real life serial killers and the insane: Carl Panzram, The Galapagos Affair, Eileen (wuornos), and yes laugh inappropriately!

Is this something for a therapist to hear?
Did you see that Steven Avery 10 episode deal. Man, it was compelling, that man needs to be set free, I fully believe he didn't do the crime. He's not the brightest bulb going, actually he's one notch above being a legal moron, but I certainly don't think he did what he's in jail for.

We're on a thriller/horror film jag lately. Watched just about everything Netflix has on their streaming that was above a 2 star rating. I don't get into slasher flicks, I find them silly, but to each their own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships