Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2016, 03:48 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,400,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I gotta agree here.
No problem our government just keeps printing money as they need it I agree though

Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
I stayed a little late at work, then came home and finished my grass. It's cooler here (for a wonderful change), but it's going to be in the 80s+ in the next couple of days (the reason for being H-bent on getting his grass and mine cut now).

I love autumn, so I'm impatiently waiting.

A 91-year-old man was being robbed at a CVS (or similar store). The old guy was carrying, so he shot the robber. LMAO Shot him in the neck. Didn't kill him. I love stories like that.
I am having the same kind of weather. Still hot but cooler. I cannot wait for fall. I was out weed whacking the driveway last night and one apple tree is almost empty. I missed that one this year. All of the apples were in the ditch line.

I love the fall

Ha, ha…great story.

Quote:
I've taken a few tests online and they all sorta put me in the middle with a slight left lean but IDK.... I find myself tending to agree with more conservative values at times. IDK.. sort of a dichotomy in a way. Getting mixed messages and.

I like to say that I'm socially liberal and fiscally conservative. I think that really spells it out in a lot of ways. Do what ya like in the bedroom but leave my wallet alone.
I think we are all mixed. I live in the Bible Belt and as much as I really like a lot of the people here I won't touch politics with a 10 foot pole, lol. I am definitely more open minded. One of my friends last week was talking about the new restaurant that opened here. She was commenting on the new waitress with piercings and colored(blue or pink) colored hair. I just say people are people on the inside and it doesn't matter. She admitted that she was old fashioned.

Quote:
The older I've been getting I've been getting a certain arrogance about me and my ability to understand and dissect certain situations and be able to provide valuable insight. I've been feeling full of myself and my "old" man knowledge lately. The height of ignorance is to assume we know more than we indeed do know. Something to ponder as I dispense what I think is good advice.......
With age comes wisdom right? I wish everyone would listen to me

Quote:
This "white male privilege" they keep talking about needs to kick in soon..... I'm just not feeling it at this point...... I've been a while male for a longtime now and I'm sorta hoping that the privilege kicks in soon... LOL...
Maybe not but flip the coin. There used to be a really good TV show on TV called 30 days. It would take 2 opposing viewed people and make them swap places/lives for 30 days to give them a better understanding of each other. It will definitely teach some empathy. You can find it on DVD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2016, 04:56 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
Hot damn! Only a ten hour day today instead of a twelve.

Old 08-23-2016, 05:00 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,400,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Hot damn! Only a ten hour day today instead of a twelve.

Old 08-23-2016, 11:08 AM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ylisa7 View Post

Maybe not but flip the coin. There used to be a really good TV show on TV called 30 days. It would take 2 opposing viewed people and make them swap places/lives for 30 days to give them a better understanding of each other. It will definitely teach some empathy. You can find it on DVD.

LOL, I was on another forum and some racist bigot black guy was screaming about it and it sorta irked me a bit, that's the only reason I posted what I did.

Last edited by Chowhound; 08-23-2016 at 11:57 AM..

Old 08-23-2016, 04:41 PM

The worst mistake a person can do when they get home is sit down.

Old 08-23-2016, 04:58 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
The worst mistake a person can do when they get home is sit down.
yep. I used to take my gym bag with me and hit the gym after work. Whenever I go home first and then try to go do something productive, half the time I don't LOL

Old 08-23-2016, 05:01 PM

Quote:
yep. I used to take my gym bag with me and hit the gym after work. Whenever I go home first and then try to go do something productive, half the time I don't LOL
I have a list of things to do and home early enough to build to it.

Old 08-23-2016, 06:43 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
The worst thing a person can do when they get home is put on their pj's.

Nothing happening then.

Old 08-24-2016, 01:08 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
So true, gym right after work, or before... stopping at home sabotages it way too much.

Old 08-24-2016, 01:32 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
So true, gym right after work, or before... stopping at home sabotages it way too much.
Not just working out for me, it's almost everything. I get up in the morning thinking "I am going to do so much after work today!" but if I go home and sit down it's all over. Or going out. If I go right after work, fine, if I go home first, I'm sending the lame text with the lamer excuse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships