Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2016, 02:19 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Cheers LOL..

I meant sleep apnea... ( I know I quoted meta aswell )

But I've got crs for sure

Basically your airflow gets cut off while you sleep. As you sleep the throat muscles and tongue end up blocking your airflow and you're body then sorta "wakes up" a little then you fall back into sleep again. This all happens without you being aware of it and what it does is not allow you to go through all the different levels of sleep. We need the different sleep cycles to feel rested.

This is actually a pretty common condition. The treatment options for it suck. Many people use a machine with a mask that pressurizes your throat to keep it "open" the problem is is that a lot of people can't tolerate it and don't use the machine. I can't either so it makes things rough. It's actually ruining my life I really have to get it addressed. Being dead tired all the time is awful.

Trust me on this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2016, 02:24 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,791,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ylisa7 View Post
It's harder if the person is out of "place" If you normally see someone working somewhere in uniform and then you meet them outside of the job it can really throw you.
That is very true. I get the "I remember you," I don't. Nothing personal. I deal with thousands of people a year. My rules are simple. Always be polite and always be professional.

Old 08-21-2016, 02:28 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Basically your airflow gets cut off while you sleep. As you sleep the throat muscles and tongue end up blocking your airflow and you're body then sorta "wakes up" a little then you fall back into sleep again. This all happens without you being aware of it and what it does is not allow you to go through all the different levels of sleep. We need the different sleep cycles to feel rested.

This is actually a pretty common condition. The treatment options for it suck. Many people use a machine with a mask that pressurizes your throat to keep it "open" the problem is is that a lot of people can't tolerate it and don't use the machine. I can't either so it makes things rough. It's actually ruining my life I really have to get it addressed. Being dead tired all the time is awful.

Trust me on this.
No I can imagine mate

It really would be awful... I only sleep about 3/4 hours a night on average and don't understand why, I'm quite tired usually and drink a few of them energy drinks ( monster ) to keep up or wake up.

How long have you had this and what did you find out that you had it? Just go to the doc and tell him you are always tired?.

Again I'm sorry to hear that as it must pretty much effect most parts of your day to day life.

Old 08-21-2016, 02:31 PM

Quote:
No I can imagine mate

It really would be awful... I only sleep about 3/4 hours a night on average and don't understand why, I'm quite tired usually and drink a few of them energy drinks ( monster ) to keep up or wake up.

How long have you had this and what did you find out that you had it? Just go to the doc and tell him you are always tired?.

Again I'm sorry to hear that as it must pretty much effect most parts of your day to day life.
You should go get looked at, you're a young man still and shouldn't be sleeping so little at night. Do some research on those energy drinks. I'm hearing that they are bad for you. Hit up coffee instead if you need the energy buzz.

Old 08-21-2016, 02:37 PM

Quote:
You should go get looked at, you're a young man still and shouldn't be sleeping so little at night. Do some research on those energy drinks. I'm hearing that they are bad for you. Hit up coffee instead if you need the energy buzz.
Yeah they are bad ( not sure how bad though ) and it's got to point where im immune to the buzz ... As I drink them often if you see.

But yeah sod it I'll book an appointment tmrw that's got me thinking now.

As ever I've always said we can ALL learn from you mate and I have

Old 08-21-2016, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Yeah they are bad ( not sure how bad though ) and it's got to point where im immune to the buzz ... As I drink them often if you see.

But yeah sod it I'll book an appointment tmrw that's got me thinking now.

As ever I've always said we can ALL learn from you mate and I have
A few months back we were at a wedding reception and in the middle of the reception my nose just started pouring blood, I couldn't get it to stop, had blood all over my shirt, looked like I was in a bar fight. Long story short I ended up going into an Emergency room to get it looked at. They took my blood pressure and it was super high, they thought that maybe it was mostly like the "white coat" factor. I didn't think much about it at the time but have since decide to go to a doc to have it looked at and it was still high. The doc gave me script to go get filled and I'm going to go and have it filled this week. It sucks because I hate taking anything. I've hardly ever been on prescriptions my whole life, but with hypertension (high blood pressure) once you're on them most likely have to be for the rest of your life. The problem with high blood pressure is is that you can not have any symptoms and if untreated for too long you can end up with "end organ damage" such as kidney and liver issues, stroke as well. The doc had me get some blood work done and most of the numbers all came back in the normal range which should mean that there isn't any obvious end organ damage. I haven't gone back for the review with the doc, but nowadays you can get access to test results online and I read the test results and it's all spelled out for the layman. We'll see what the doc says when I go see him in a couple of weeks.

Long story short don't F around with your health as the old saying goes your health is all you've really got at the end of the day.

Old 08-21-2016, 03:02 PM

Quote:
A few months back we were at a wedding reception and in the middle of the reception my nose just started pouring blood, I couldn't get it to stop, had blood all over my shirt, looked like I was in a bar fight. Long story short I ended up going into an Emergency room to get it looked at. They took my blood pressure and it was super high, they thought that maybe it was mostly like the "white coat" factor. I didn't think much about it at the time but have since decide to go to a doc to have it looked at and it was still high. The doc gave me script to go get filled and I'm going to go and have it filled this week. It sucks because I hate taking anything. I've hardly ever been on prescriptions my whole life, but with hypertension (high blood pressure) once you're on them most likely have to be for the rest of your life. The problem with high blood pressure is is that you can not have any symptoms and if untreated for too long you can end up with "end organ damage" such as kidney and liver issues, stroke as well. The doc had me get some blood work done and most of the numbers all came back in the normal range which should mean that there isn't any obvious end organ damage. I haven't gone back for the review with the doc, but nowadays you can get access to test results online and I read the test results and it's all spelled out for the layman. We'll see what the doc says when I go see him in a couple of weeks.

Long story short don't F around with your health as the old saying goes your health is all you've really got at the end of the day.
Yeah this actually sounds true and I actually had a medical last year and he was concerned with my blood pressure.... It was sky high for my age ... I thought smoking but it was the energy drinks.

Naaahhh you're right im staying off them and having a latte or something in the mornings.

I've started to look after myself now as I've put on weight but don't really think of the deeper part of being unhealthy... Probably because of my age.

Right thank you for that chow... that will make me stop them now and I'm booking and appointment tmrw.

Old 08-21-2016, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Yeah this actually sounds true and I actually had a medical last year and he was concerned with my blood pressure.... It was sky high for my age ... I thought smoking but it was the energy drinks.

Naaahhh you're right im staying off them and having a latte or something in the mornings.

I've started to look after myself now as I've put on weight but don't really think of the deeper part of being unhealthy... Probably because of my age.

Right thank you for that chow... that will make me stop them now and I'm booking and appointment tmrw.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to lecture you. You're right about the age thing, when I was low 30's I didn't think much about it either. I'm mid 40's and I think a lot of times that's when stuff starts to happen to men more. I don't smoke but I need to drop some weight for sure. That will help with the sleep apnea too.

I've been doing research on the High blood pressure thing and from what I can tell they don't really know exactly what causes it and in 95 percent of cases docs can't identify one exact factor for it. They say all of the usual stuff, exercise, don't smoke, maintain a healthy weight etc etc etc. to help avoid it. Young people can get it but it's more common in older people and certain ethnic groups for some reason, not sure why, but whatever.

Old 08-21-2016, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Sorry, I wasn't trying to lecture you. You're right about the age thing, when I was low 30's I didn't think much about it either. I'm mid 40's and I think a lot of times that's when stuff starts to happen to men more. I don't smoke but I need to drop some weight for sure. That will help with the sleep apnea too.

I've been doing research on the High blood pressure thing and from what I can tell they don't really know exactly what causes it and in 95 percent of cases docs can't identify one exact factor for it. They say all of the usual stuff, exercise, don't smoke, maintain a healthy weight etc etc etc. to help avoid it. Young people can get it but it's more common in older people and certain ethnic groups for some reason, not sure why, but whatever.
God no not at all a lecture mate, you genuinely have made me open my eyes so I thank you chow

Yeah I've just posted my new exercise plan on another thread so I'll spare ya but I'm hopeful of losing a stone.... 14st down to 13st ( 183lbs ish ) that's fit and healthy for me

Smoking helps you lose weight LOL... No but seriously I'm sure your probably fitter than I

It's 22:17 here so gonna " try " And get some sleep but on a serious note chow thank you again for taking the time to explain and " lecture " me on that ( ) as you've probably done me the world of good

Old 08-21-2016, 03:42 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,791,304 times
Loaded up the dogs in the pickup and went for a cruise. Rolling through the scenic roads with the windows down and engine purring along. The diesel sounds awesome in the tunnels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships