Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2017, 03:28 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
Biopsy result: no cancer
So glad to hear it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2017, 03:28 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Yay! That must be a relief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Maybe I'm getting old and cranky but I've been noticing this thing lately with teenagers, not all but enough to where I'm starting to notice a pattern

What is it with them and their slow slow walking. Especially when crossing through light controlled intersections. I mean they walk so slow that they are barely making forward progress it would appear. I was out early today and it happened again I was trying to make a left turn at a light and it was wide open, no on coming traffic and these two kids were just limping along.

I almost yelled out the window "MOVE YOUR DAMN ASSES ALREADY" LOL turning into the get off my lawn guy. I notice it too when you're in a shopping center looking for a parking spot, they walk right in front of you in such a way that you can't get around them, but have to wait til they are completely out of the way, and again, this slow zombie like walk. I mean the zombies in walking dead move faster than these kids do.

I'm starting to wonder if it's some kind of passive aggressive on purpose type thing.

I know when I'm walking through parking lots and I see a car waiting for me, I usually try and put a little giddy up to it so I don't hold people up.
I work on a college campus, and that happens all the time. This makes me sound like a senior citizen, but they are often staring at their phones, or they've got headphones on and have absolutely no situational awareness that they're blocking the sidewalk or otherwise in somebody's way.

Old 03-13-2017, 03:39 PM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Good, glad to hear this. Mrs. Chow and I were just talking about this yesterday, was hoping for good news for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post

I work on a college campus, and that happens all the time. This makes me sound like a senior citizen, but they are often staring at their phones, or they've got headphones on and have absolutely no situational awareness that they're blocking the sidewalk or otherwise in somebody's way.
Yeah, half the time it is them in their phones, I see plenty of it without them being distracted from a phone or Ipods or whatever. Sometimes these idiot kids with their pants sagging down below their waists makes them walk like they are deformed, that doesn't help either.

LOL, I guess it's just something to deal with, can't go around screaming at teenagers, you'd look like a psychopath. LOL.

Old 03-13-2017, 04:26 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,106,650 times
Thanks, All.

I noticed that (the young guys) talk slow too and can't seem to enunciate, as if it would take too much energy to move their lips, tongue and jaw. I'm guessing the guys I'm noticing are in their teens or 20s. Maybe it's supposed to be cool, and I'm clueless.

Old 03-13-2017, 04:57 PM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Thanks, All.

I noticed that (the young guys) talk slow too and can't seem to enunciate, as if it would take too much energy to move their lips, tongue and jaw. I'm guessing the guys I'm noticing are in their teens or 20s. Maybe it's supposed to be cool, and I'm clueless.
I really must be turning into my dad because I just see sooo much idiocy coming from younger people. Not all of course and to be honest I'm sure my parent's generation said the same thing about us Gen Xer LOL, making an attempt for honesty here.

My parents generation went a little nutty over guys growing their hair long or getting their ears pierced. That seems tame today comparatively speaking. The thing that really trips me out are the ear plug things. It's mostly a younger person thing, but I've seen older people too. I don't get it. I really don't get it, you get your earlobe all stretched out and nasty looking when you don't have a plug in. It looks like the end result of a mohel's work. The lobe is all wrinkly and saggy, getting nauseous thinking about it.

I feel like saying, "Hey buddy, you're not a bushman on the Serengeti"

Old 03-13-2017, 06:03 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,643,465 times
Quote:
This is such very good news, meta.....Well done.....

Old 03-13-2017, 06:26 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,867,792 times
Quote:
Yay! Congratulations on your good news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Maybe I'm getting old and cranky but I've been noticing this thing lately with teenagers, not all but enough to where I'm starting to notice a pattern

What is it with them and their slow slow walking. Especially when crossing through light controlled intersections. I mean they walk so slow that they are barely making forward progress it would appear. I was out early today and it happened again I was trying to make a left turn at a light and it was wide open, no on coming traffic and these two kids were just limping along.
Quote:
Vicodin, OxyContin and Percocet use cause slow gait and slow/slurred speech.
OR: Could be they're trying to keep their pants up
Crapped their pants and are so filled with apathy they're in no hurry?
Good times.
Glad mine is grown...with a job...and not enough time to move slow anymore.

Old 03-13-2017, 07:13 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,106,650 times
Chow: I don't understand the ear thingies either. And the hair that looks all matted and pulled into a man-bun. I can't look. I'm afraid I'll lose my lunch.

Rbccl: I just roll my eyes when someone thinks all of us want to see their underwear. LOL

Old 03-13-2017, 07:39 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,234,127 times
Quote:
That's wonderful!

Old 03-13-2017, 07:44 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Yay! Congratulations on your good news!

Vicodin, OxyContin and Percocet use cause slow gait and slow/slurred speech.
OR: Could be they're trying to keep their pants up
Crapped their pants and are so filled with apathy they're in no hurry?
Good times.
Glad mine is grown...with a job...and not enough time to move slow anymore.
That's PRET-TY apathetic.

Quote:
Rbccl: I just roll my eyes when someone thinks all of us want to see their underwear. LOL
I'll bet "Taco-Bell Bill" gets a pass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships