Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2022, 07:26 PM

4,043 posts, read 2,713,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Yeah, I noticed the pupils too. It looks like she's on something in the vid clip that that those stills were taken from.
Probably any type of opioid. Oxy's, etc. Of course, fentanyl is the popular one at this moment.

I hope not, but she just isn't all together there in my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2022, 07:48 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,444,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
Probably any type of opioid. Oxy's, etc. Of course, fentanyl is the popular one at this moment.

She's embarrassingly fighting the process of aging. I remember reading an early interview of hers in Star Hits magazine back in the mid-80s (yes I'm that old) and in the interview, when asked where she sees herself after 50 (she's 63 now), she first started to say she would grow old and mellow, but then took that back and said she wasn't going to do the whole mellow thing after all.

No kidding. Seeing the tryhard photos she shares on her social media with that huge butt implant that looks like a saggy diaper, and the filtered facial features where she looks like a porcelain doll (a rather grotesque one), and I just almost pity her.

Old 04-06-2022, 08:44 AM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post

I've dabbled around with enough drugs in my youth to know most of the symptoms, but opioids is one thing that I've stayed away from in the recreational field. I've never liked the feeling that pain pills gave me the few times I was prescribed them, but whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
She's embarrassingly fighting the process of aging. I remember reading an early interview of hers in Star Hits magazine back in the mid-80s (yes I'm that old) and in the interview, when asked where she sees herself after 50 (she's 63 now), she first started to say she would grow old and mellow, but then took that back and said she wasn't going to do the whole mellow thing after all.

No kidding. Seeing the tryhard photos she shares on her social media with that huge butt implant that looks like a saggy diaper, and the filtered facial features where she looks like a porcelain doll (a rather grotesque one), and I just almost pity her.
I agree, it is embarrassing. I didn't set out to rip on her and was just generally baffled by those pics/vid.

We're around the same age, grew up in the 80's and of course Madonna was huge back then. We've all at some point have seen enough of the "Behind the Music" episodes where you see all of the downfalls and the trappings of fame and fortune.

If I was 22 yrs old and in some kick ass hard rock band and had all of the fame, girls, money, drugs, etc etc I know for sure that I would have succumbed to that lifestyle, just like so many have and do. I don't think most people can handle that level of fame and adulation. It's like you start to believe the crap after awhile. I remember James Hetfield from Metallica talking about it after a couple of his rehab stints. He was talking about the immense power he felt and how his ego just blew up and he lost himself and has to work hard to keep himself grounded in reality. He joked around about how his kids don't care that he's the lead guy for one of the biggest hard rock bands in the world, to them he's just dad and I think if people can keep themselves surrounded by real people, not just yes man it would help a bit.

Madonna, I don't know what to say about her. Wish her the best though

Old 04-06-2022, 08:45 AM

29,750 posts, read 34,415,700 times
I'm kind of glad that in my youth I was never known for my looks or for being particularly sexy. As I get older I'm not losing anything. I think aging is harder for people, like Madonna, who were constantly praised for their appearance.

Old 04-06-2022, 10:13 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,350,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I'm kind of glad that in my youth I was never known for my looks or for being particularly sexy. As I get older I'm not losing anything. I think aging is harder for people, like Madonna, who were constantly praised for their appearance.
Not that I'm much to look at, but in a relative sense I've gotten better looking each of the last 4 decades, but only because I'm falling apart less quickly than a lot of men. I know that's kind of sad self praise, but it's kinda true.

Regarding Madonna, kind of like Marilyn Monroe I think Madonna was always in on the joke. The artifice. But how do you not believe your own hype after a while? It's got to be intoxicating, and I know I've never been able to be just buzzed enough. I get about 15 minutes and then I start to sober up or I push ahead and get a little too buzzed.

I think she's literally and figuratively trying not to face a sober reality.

Old 04-06-2022, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
Not that I'm much to look at, but in a relative sense I've gotten better looking each of the last 4 decades, but only because I'm falling apart less quickly than a lot of men. I know that's kind of sad self praise, but it's kinda true.

Regarding Madonna, kind of like Marilyn Monroe I think Madonna was always in on the joke. The artifice. But how do you not believe your own hype after a while? It's got to be intoxicating, and I know I've never been able to be just buzzed enough. I get about 15 minutes and then I start to sober up or I push ahead and get a little too buzzed.

I think she's literally and figuratively trying not to face a sober reality.
I think I'm the opposite. I was pretty handsome when I was younger, I hate saying it because it sounds obnoxious, but whatever. I never had problems with meeting girls and was overall kind of lucky in that department. Like Fleetie mentioned when it starts to fade you notice it more. I don't get the notice I used to when I was younger and I've put on weight over the years and I have some sleep issues that make me look sort of run down all of the time.

But it is what it is. The weight and sleep issues I can work on. Glad to hear you're getting better as you've said. Aging is something that I'm trying to not get too hung up on, so we'll see how that goes.

I'm glad that I never got into drugs really. I have some wine and cocktails mostly on the weekends but that's about the extent of my wild life.

I'm also glad that I'm just an average working schlub, I find that having a "normal" middle class lifestyle and the routine of work to help keep a balance in life, for me anyway

Idle hands are the devil's playthings as they say and it's more true for some than others.

Old 04-06-2022, 10:48 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,727,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Yes aging can take a toll on people whose identity primarily revolve around how they look. Like models, pageant girls, etc. It's part of the reason I work so hard to improve on other things and make myself more rounded. It's nice getting compliments on my physical appearance but I didn't do anything for it. I rather be known for my hard work in art and my budding career.

Old 04-07-2022, 02:31 PM

20,398 posts, read 14,683,356 times
Ya know, my first thought here was, "who cares what Madonna is taking, she's older than dirt, right? Let her have her drugs, but someone should perhaps take her cell phone so she will stop posting disturbing videos..." Then I Googled it. Holy crap, she's not old as dirt actually. She's only 63! Oh man. Wow.

You know, I can admit I looked better at age 18, before I had kids and all, but I've never wanted to keep looking "young." I've got that particular love of old people, and I just hope to be a relatively pretty version of old, if I can? Like some people, you look at their faces and you cannot help loving them, I think Betty White was like that. How do you get old and have a face that says love and a smile that makes people think of joy and warmth and home? Rather than "life ran me over like a truck" old? Am I making any sense? lol...

But no, under no circumstances would I allow surgeons to turn me into a non-aging alien being in a weird effort to keep looking young, and I rather feel that those who do are cheating themselves out of being able to honestly love their natural self through a natural stage of life.

But I wonder if it's a kind of dysphoria, like their self image is so tied to the concept of themselves as a youthful, sexy icon, that they just can't cope with the distress of changing...

Old 04-08-2022, 02:57 PM

Damn this technology.

While it's got it's good sides, man, the downsides are starting to really show in a lot of ways. Social media and in other ways too.

One of the things that really sucks is that so many people now feel like that they can't get away from work completely. I can't tell you how often I see email auto replies by people that basically say that they are on vacation but will be checking in every so often or something along those lines.

It's kind of sad really. People should go on vacay and just check the hell out, you know what I mean? I pretty much do that. I'm off work on vacation I ain't checking my phone for emails or missed calls.

I'm happy that I grew up before the Internet and tech in general really blew up. We always had some form of Internet use but it was limited to colleges and the military for the most part until it broke for the public. I was a teenager in the 80's and was a small kid during the 70's. I wouldn't have changed that if I could.

Some people that complain about technology or whatever are called old or out of touch blah blah blah. For some that may be true. For me it's not, I was immersed in it when I was a kid. I was big into video games as they rolled out, that cheap dumb as hell Pong. LOL, that was the height of tech back in those days.

For work I've been a programmer, setup computer networks dabbled around in PC setup and repairs. LOL, it's not like I'm some old dude that is afraid of technology over here as I complain about it.

Old 04-08-2022, 03:42 PM

29,750 posts, read 34,415,700 times
There was a joke meme going around that was basically:

European Out of office message--I will be taking the entire month of August off, please contact me again in September
American out of office message-- I will be having emergency surgery, but am available by text and email 24/7.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships