Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2022, 11:58 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,763,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
The ironic thing that's happening in my workplace, is that before the pandemic there was wringing of hands about how we didn't have enough office space for all of the teams. Now that they want us to come back in, they don't see that the logical solution is to let people WFH or split a desk with someone who's in the office alternate days. There's such a push to get "back to normal" that no one's really looking at why we're trying to preserve a system that didn't necessarily work.

I do have to say that part of the reason why WFH hasn't been so bad is that I have a core group of work friends and we've worked together for years. There are people who've been hired since we've been WFH, and them, I don't know too well. As much as people complain about it, I can see the value in just the casual conversations and socializing that happen when you're waiting for the microwave or pass each other in the hall.
I agree that the social aspect is something you miss more than you’ll realize when WFH. Looking back with my current company having those work nights when the work slows down back in DC and conversing about non-work things really built relationships quicker than doing everything virtually.

I’m kind of sad that my in office days (once monthly) working back near Durham have been cancelled three months in a row. My stipend for travel for those days had me coming ahead even with $4 a gallon gas but being around people I have a relationship with was something to look forward to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2022, 05:07 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,108,969 times
Well, I had a vent started about work. I’m so frustrated with it, even though I like what I do.

Then I realized that I should be thankful that I have a job, that I’m not fighting for survival. (And to lighten the mood, remembering that survival of my sanity at work is questionable some days. LOL)

I think that if my work made a difference, I wouldn’t feel so . . . agitated/impatient/unsatisfied.

Old 03-11-2022, 09:34 PM

4,043 posts, read 2,713,819 times
Happy Friday everyone!

Old 03-12-2022, 10:30 PM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Went to an Asian fusion restaurant today. On the marina, nice views, sun was out. About as a nice a place as you can humbly ask for.

My only grief/concern was the menu item call 'Buddha's Rice'.

Buddha was a vegetarian and didn't eat meat. This rice dish had 3 meats in it. Chicken, Shrimp, Portuguese Sausage (did say fusion).

Lol, tasty, but not very Buddha...

Last edited by Chowhound; 03-12-2022 at 10:50 PM..

Old 03-13-2022, 01:28 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,444,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Went to an Asian fusion restaurant today. On the marina, nice views, sun was out. About as a nice a place as you can humbly ask for.

My only grief/concern was the menu item call 'Buddha's Rice'.

Buddha was a vegetarian and didn't eat meat. This rice dish had 3 meats in it. Chicken, Shrimp, Portuguese Sausage (did say fusion).

Lol, tasty, but not very Buddha...
That's so strange. Buddha's Feast was a dish I would order sometimes at PF Changs, it was all tofu and vegetables and no meat at all. You could order it steamed or stir-fried.

Don't forget to turn your clocks forward everyone!

Old 03-13-2022, 09:02 AM

48,540 posts, read 34,891,275 times
I used to get Jai from Chinese restaurants all the time, totally forgot about that.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-13-2022, 10:37 AM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
That's so strange. Buddha's Feast was a dish I would order sometimes at PF Changs, it was all tofu and vegetables and no meat at all. You could order it steamed or stir-fried.

Don't forget to turn your clocks forward everyone!
It was pretty good overall. I love fried rice.

I'm trying to sort of low carb it. Not a full blown low carb diet but I try to avoid carb centered dishes in general, but once a week I indulge.

I like how all of the devices change time automatically, still got 3 or so clocks we got to set.

Old 03-13-2022, 11:24 AM

29,750 posts, read 34,415,700 times
I still use an old school clock radio (have a thing about keeping my phone away from my bed) and a couple of wall clocks that need to be manually changed. The clock in my car will be correct, now.

Old 03-13-2022, 11:27 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,444,467 times
^^^same here, fleetie! I don't have the patience to change the time in my car so it's only somewhat right for half the year.

I do have the digital clocks on the microwave and range that need manual adjusting, and one analog wall clock in the kitchen. Everything else fixes itself.

Old 03-13-2022, 12:42 PM

20,398 posts, read 14,683,356 times
It is weird being in Arizona where they just don't do daylight savings time. My ex husband of all people, gave me a good way to wrap my brain around this... During the summer we are in "California time" and during the winter we are in "Colorado time." I have always had to do mental time zone math since I've got relatives and coworkers on the east coast, anyways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships