Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2022, 12:43 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,871,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
She's been complaining that we can't find her favorite cat food. I'm sympathetic, but when she climbs to the top of the cabinet in the pantry to maybe grab a cracker, I tell her that's not a good idea.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/pict...?dl=1644619190

This is her deciding to grab a cracker anyway. That I have any control over anything is a cruel illusion. And of course she's sitting in the bin where the crackers are because it's pretty much a box.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/pict...?dl=1644619278
Why can’t you find her favorite food?! The internets are open 24 hours. Better watch your head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2022, 10:18 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,350,956 times
Zo appreciates the comments though her cattitude didn't really need a boost.

We really have had difficulty finding frisky's fillets, even on line. Another supply chain casualty, I guess.

I found Zoey under GF's car last spring. We made a genuine effort to find her home, but were thrilled when that effort failed.

Old 02-13-2022, 08:41 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,653,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
She's been complaining that we can't find her favorite cat food. I'm sympathetic, but when she climbs to the top of the cabinet in the pantry to maybe grab a cracker, I tell her that's not a good idea.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/pict...?dl=1644619190

This is her deciding to grab a cracker anyway. That I have any control over anything is a cruel illusion. And of course she's sitting in the bin where the crackers are because it's pretty much a box.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/pict...?dl=1644619278
I like Ritz crackers, too.

Zo looks much like our itty-bitty kitty.

Old 02-14-2022, 11:07 AM

20,398 posts, read 14,683,356 times
Homina, thank you for sharing about your kitty cat! Love the kitties.

I can't really spend time here today, I'm cramming work for a meeting tomorrow, but I just came back from a smoke where I saw something on Facebook... It was one of those screen shots of a text conversation things and it said that a man asked a woman out, and when she suggested a different cafe to the first meeting spot that he first suggested, he told her that he didn't want to meet after all. When she asked him why not, he said that his ideal date would agree to meet at the spot he first suggested, arrive on time, have a drink with him, and if the conversation went well, walk back to his place and hook up. That anything other than this, only told him that a woman is too assertive and masculine. She said well, her ideal date is less of a sociopath, so...have a nice day.

I see stuff like this now and then, and I think..."I wonder if that guy has posted on City Data in the last decade or so...?"

Old 02-14-2022, 12:30 PM

4,043 posts, read 2,713,819 times
Happy V-Day all!

My most recent rescue kitty had 2 babies last week so I get a lovely dose of baby kitties for Valentine's Day.

Old 02-17-2022, 11:20 AM

I made it through my work stuff...oof, I pushed myself really hard for several days straight, did not even sleep well and then had a couple days of just...crash. But I'm feeling more myself today.

I ordered some fancy cheese for my Mom, and they made a mistake. I only wanted to order two smallish, normal sized wedges of the stuff. Well she received one that was the size that I ordered and one that was a whole quarter of a wheel! I was only charged for what I actually ordered, though. Good thing she likes the cheese, I guess, though she is so overweight and I certainly had no intention of sending her that much of it. Sheesh. Oh, well.

Edit..just looked it up. I ordered 5.3 oz and paid $7.95. They sent 5 lbs which is sold for $79.34.

Old 02-17-2022, 12:45 PM

4,043 posts, read 2,713,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I made it through my work stuff...oof, I pushed myself really hard for several days straight, did not even sleep well and then had a couple days of just...crash. But I'm feeling more myself today.

I ordered some fancy cheese for my Mom, and they made a mistake. I only wanted to order two smallish, normal sized wedges of the stuff. Well she received one that was the size that I ordered and one that was a whole quarter of a wheel! I was only charged for what I actually ordered, though. Good thing she likes the cheese, I guess, though she is so overweight and I certainly had no intention of sending her that much of it. Sheesh. Oh, well.

Edit..just looked it up. I ordered 5.3 oz and paid $7.95. They sent 5 lbs which is sold for $79.34.
A cheese WINDFALL!

Old 02-17-2022, 12:50 PM

29,750 posts, read 34,415,700 times
I love cheese, but 5 pounds of cheese is a lot. I would do my best with it, though.

Old 02-17-2022, 01:00 PM

Yeah, it was Garlic & Herb Bellavitano from Sartori. Really good stuff.

I suggested she could send a chunk of it to work with her boyfriend, for him to share with coworkers. She said hell no she wasn't giving away any of her cheese. lol

I mean, if it was me, I'd be seeking ways to share it with others...that's what I usually do when I somehow get more food than I know what to do with. It's gotten harder since I've moved. Not only do I work from home now, but I am in another state from my sons so I can't just give it to them....hell there were even times I'd give excess food to my ex-husband. I know him, he'll eat anything. And it can be a problem for me because I am a very picky eater, but sometimes I feel I should try a new food...so once in a while, I buy something I've not tried, but odds are not great that I'll like it. So when I don't, I don't want to just waste it, I want to give it to someone so it'll get eaten. And don't get me started on holiday feasts.

...sigh... I really, really need to make some friends here.

Hungry ones.

Old 02-23-2022, 05:27 PM

18,735 posts, read 33,410,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post

...sigh... I really, really need to make some friends here.

Hungry ones.

Heh. I ordered four dozen cookies on Goldbelly and a box of fudge from somewhere else. I shouldn't get snowed in like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships