Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2020, 09:50 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,870,295 times

Advertisements

Call first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2020, 12:25 AM

17,639 posts, read 22,650,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Hey, guys.... this is my new view. I moved up to the top floor. So peaceful...I don’t remember feeling like i belong right where I am, ever before. Come visit me sometime.
It does look very peaceful there...

Here, on the mountain I hear an owl,

brown bats are flying across my deck,

I can hear frogs ribbeting down in/by the bass pond...

A pair of Bald Eagles nesting in an old growth doug fir, along the canyon, sometimes take a few fish out of the pond.
Such is the way of nature...

Old 06-09-2020, 09:21 AM

20,398 posts, read 14,678,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
She really has no basis for a lawsuit. It needs to be dismissed as frivolous.

It is a cool story. Didn’t this fit into the story line of the Longmire finale?
Don't know, it isn't a show I watch, but I'm sure it could be inspirational to writers of TV storylines. Fenn did this because he wanted people to go out into the woods and have adventures. He wanted to inspire people. Which I think is super cool, even if some few were bound to take it too far. It reminds me of gambling addiction, people destroying their lives because they hope and believe they'll hit it big and all of their problems will be solved in a magical instance of perfect luck...despite the fact that the odds don't really favor it.

RbccL, that is one heck of a beautiful view!

I've had a lot of different "dream home" concepts in my mind during my life. The urban loft with brick walls and big windows...where I could listen to the rain on the concrete outside and make art while listening to wonderful music, where spirit and creativity meet. A remote log home with a view. An old Victorian with magnificent woodwork (one that has been well kept, naturally, not a crumbling derelict.) A cute little craftsman bungalow. Even the half-million dollar homes in the neighborhood right next to mine are appealing in their own way. They are all a harmonious stucco with lots of stone in the landscaping. (A nice balance of stone features and well kept greenery.) They look very spacious.

But I've come to realize since I left the Ex that so long as I'm able to decorate as I please and I'm not sharing my home with people who make messes and disturb my space with drama, I can probably dwell happily in almost any kind of a place. I loved my tiny apartment, and I love the townhouse we're in now.

We are getting some weird weather here today. Cold blustery wind, rain...the mountains are getting snow. It doesn't feel like June out there, more like March. Yuck.

Old 06-09-2020, 11:39 AM

4,042 posts, read 2,713,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Hey, guys.... this is my new view. I moved up to the top floor. So peaceful...I don’t remember feeling like i belong right where I am, ever before. Come visit me sometime.
That's beautiful! I am IN!

Old 06-09-2020, 11:40 AM

4,042 posts, read 2,713,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
It does look very peaceful there...

Here, on the mountain I hear an owl,

brown bats are flying across my deck,

I can hear frogs ribbeting down in/by the bass pond...

A pair of Bald Eagles nesting in an old growth doug fir, along the canyon, sometimes take a few fish out of the pond.
Such is the way of nature...
I am SO jealous! I lived in Oregon I miss it SO much....

Old 06-09-2020, 02:59 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,870,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
That's beautiful! I am IN!
Ok, let me know when so I can plan the adventure!

Old 06-11-2020, 12:55 PM

Kid just informed me (and he believed this...and once my initial reaction of complete confusion subsided, I tried to convince him otherwise...) that "someone" (his Dad) told him that all of the protests right now are because unemployment is up and people are mad at Trump about that.

...excuse me?...

"But what I don't get is what about the wall, though, doesn't that create jobs, like building it?"

...wh..what the hell are you even on about?...

"Nobody is really talking about Black Lives Matter at the protests now."

WHERE ARE YOU GETTING NEWS?

OK seriously, I need to hear from conservatives or conspiracy theorists or alt-righters for once, not about what ~you think~ is happening, but the news that is aimed at you, are you NOT seeing videos of all the BLM focused signage and graffiti and whatnot that makes it fairly clear what the protests are about world wide? Are you being told that Antifa is telling everyone that it's Trump's fault they lost their job and to get mad at him or...something?

I know that people on the left and the right get a lot of conflicting information aimed at them online, especially the many news (and "news") sources that clog up our social media with everything from actual facts to clickbait BS...but once in a while it's so extreme that I feel like I'm talking to someone who exists on another planet, or a parallel dimension. What in the actual hecking heck...

Old 06-11-2020, 01:31 PM

29,748 posts, read 34,409,851 times
Oy, Sonic. Are there any peaceful protests in your area that you could take your kid to, so he can see for real?

I've been reading around in some other forums here. I expect the city data demographics to be older, more conservative, more rural, etc. than I encounter in my day-to-day. But there are some posters here who are legit racist and don't seem to have any compunction expressing their thoughts. It's amazing/shocking.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 06-11-2020 at 01:54 PM..

Old 06-11-2020, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Oy, Sonic. Are there any peaceful protests in your area that you could take your kid to, so he can see for real?
Yes. I've not done that though, because he doesn't want to go (and it's hard for me to make him do anything at this point, he's 18 and he's bigger than me besides) and he also has pretty serious anxiety and panic attacks. That kind of situation would set him off bad. I've shown him videos shot by people I know, because I'm trying to tell him that there is a TON of misleading information online, and I don't even trust everything that aligns with my beliefs...you just can't anymore...but I do trust raw photos and video taken by people I KNOW when they are THERE.

I just don't know what to do about the situation with him and his Dad. I'm so sad that I even had kids with that man or did not get out so much earlier. This one, my youngest, craves his father's approval and validation and love, so much, he just eats it up, all this paranoid conspiracy alt-right boogaloo talk, because his Dad is talking to him like an adult. And then, of course, he finds plenty online to prop up those ideas.

I really did not think that I'd ever see "staying together for the kids" as such a big mistake. But it really, really was. I wish I could convey to others who face similar situations, that sometimes the effects go so much further than what you can see in front of you, trying to do "the right thing" one day after another in the moment.

Old 06-11-2020, 02:21 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,109,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
My younger son is getting almighty paranoid. Between his conspiracy-obsessed Dad and the internet...

He told me today that Obama and Hillary were involved in a program of kidnapping kids and torturing them to get their blood full of adrenaline which they then have made into a drug.

I had to inform him that this is essentially the very plot in the TV show Torchwood that turned me off the whole series, only it was aliens, and frankly I didn't want to hear it. Powerful people do enough bad things to others, there is no need to make up nonsense or borrow from sci fi.

I am about tired of aggressively crazy people crazying about in what could well be an otherwise tranquil world for everyone.

They have implemented a 10PM curfew city-wide here. I wonder how those work? I mean, I understand about people loitering around downtown, or protesters and all...but does that mean that they make the gas stations close? What about people who work after those hours? Doesn't affect me much, I don't think I've been out at 10 since early March.

I had to go near downtown today on an errand and was expecting parking and traffic hassles, assuming people were showing up for another day of protest marches. But it was quiet, light traffic, plenty of parking, nothing out of the ordinary to see. EDIT: I'm glad I took my son with me. He needed to see, I think/hope, that the world is not coming to an end.
Your son is following Q? Adrenochrome is a QAnon conspiracy. "WWG1WGA". A strange creed that makes no sense. Where we go one, we go all. His dad must be into Q.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships