Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2017, 07:39 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,325,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Me too, smelling the 80s and listening to it makes me unreasonably happy
The music wasn't deep or dark and artistic, just filled with joy it seems. Now watch Belinda and tell me you don't want to get up and dance, don't women who experienced the 80s still dance like this?

That's the song from Fast Times at Ridgemont High. FWIW, the school that movie was about was Clairemont High located in San Diego.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2017, 06:14 AM

2,113 posts, read 2,407,530 times
Quote:
Yeah I clean it every time one of them gets out. I was just telling someone this! I had company coming over, cleaned the box up, and that little one had to jump in and take a big dump as I walked to get the door!

I go out of my way to tell someone when they smell good, especially florals that I like, I feel like I'm reinforcing good behavior and they'll pick that scent next time

Me too, smelling the 80s and listening to it makes me unreasonably happy
The music wasn't deep or dark and artistic, just filled with joy it seems. Now watch Belinda and tell me you don't want to get up and dance, don't women who experienced the 80s still dance like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f55KlPe81Yw
Sometimes I crank up the music and just dance my head off. I got, on impulse, this portable speaker that is also a disco light. I can turn my finished basement into an impromptu nightclub! Sometimes my next-door neighbor will join me and we will just talk and dance around. That's the thing about 80's music. It was just upbeat and fun. It is next to impossible for me to be upset when I listen to it, and it makes my work commute more bearable.

Old 02-21-2017, 09:24 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,869,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge5 View Post
That's the song from Fast Times at Ridgemont High. FWIW, the school that movie was about was Clairemont High located in San Diego.
I forgot about Fast Times, I love 80s movie soundtracks: Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink, St. Elmo's fire...Footloose

Quote:
Originally Posted by swgirl926 View Post
Sometimes I crank up the music and just dance my head off. I got, on impulse, this portable speaker that is also a disco light. I can turn my finished basement into an impromptu nightclub! Sometimes my next-door neighbor will join me and we will just talk and dance around. That's the thing about 80's music. It was just upbeat and fun. It is next to impossible for me to be upset when I listen to it, and it makes my work commute more bearable.
I better get one of those! Sounds like the way I clean the house, it's like going to an 80s party. Just add peach wine coolers.

Good for work commute: Working in a Coal Mine / Devo

Old 02-21-2017, 09:28 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,403,283 times
Quote:
I forgot about Fast Times, I love 80s movie soundtracks: Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink, St. Elmo's fire...Footloose

I better get one of those! Sounds like the way I clean the house, it's like going to an 80s party. Just add peach wine coolers.

Good for work commute: Working in a Coal Mine / Devo

Ahh…Footloose makes me want to get up and shimmy around every time, lol.

Old 02-21-2017, 02:11 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,255,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swgirl926 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22VCUiHkgYI

Old 02-21-2017, 06:41 PM

I got my Jovan Musk Oil in the mail today. It definitely smells like I remember. Cannot wait to wear it tomorrow! OTOH, my boyfriend said it smells like this guy Lamont at his job.

Last edited by swgirl926; 02-21-2017 at 07:37 PM..

Old 02-22-2017, 05:31 AM

4,005 posts, read 4,108,191 times
A woman came into work yesterday with perfume that smells like bug spray. Since they have a few openings and an empty cubluce next to mine, I told one manager that if she was going to start working there, I didn't want her next to me. I guess they can move me or fire me.

Old 02-22-2017, 05:46 AM

I used to work with a woman that wore this very cloying fragrance...and a lot of it. You could literally smell her two rows away in the office. I thought that I was going to vomit, it was that bad. One day, she was in the parking lot and we were both going to enter the building. I ran for the door to get there first so that I did not have to be caught in her cloud.

Old 02-22-2017, 06:07 AM

23,174 posts, read 26,211,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
A woman came into work yesterday with perfume that smells like bug spray. Since they have a few openings and an empty cubluce next to mine, I told one manager that if she was going to start working there, I didn't want her next to me. I guess they can move me or fire me.

Maybe it IS bug spray.
I have sometimes declared that my summer fragrance is Deep Woods Off.

Old 02-22-2017, 06:19 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,795,818 times
My fragrance is diesel fuel. Usually on my mitts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships