Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2017, 03:43 AM

19,429 posts, read 15,252,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
It would be best to get the wee doggie a life vest & a life boat...

http://www.petstrends.com/wp-content...ain-jacket.jpg
Lol, I was actually looking for a cute pair of rain boots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2017, 07:58 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,869,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I must say, some of the anti-women folk work harder at recruiting than some religions.
And what's with the rash of thread bumpers either first-posting or haven't posted in years, but now have a comment for something someone wanted an answer to 7 years ago?

I'm suspicious... how does one become a member in 2010 and only have 2 posts, one of which is to bump a necro? My theory is the banned are picking old user names and getting a new password for that account. Is that a possibility?

More importantly: Are you guys doing ok, Sea? Or are you and the pets on the roof with your laptop?

Old 02-18-2017, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
And what's with the rash of thread bumpers either first-posting or haven't posted in years, but now have a comment for something someone wanted an answer to 7 years ago?

I'm suspicious... how does one become a member in 2010 and only have 2 posts, one of which is to bump a necro? My theory is the banned are picking old user names and getting a new password for that account. Is that a possibility?

More importantly: Are you guys doing ok, Sea? Or are you and the pets on the roof with your laptop?
I have no idea, but I had to bite my tongue so hard after reading a couple of them yesterday.

We're fine, thanks. I saw from the news that two people in other areas died; one electrocuted from a fallen power line, and one from a flooded vehicle - not sure about the details on that one. One woman's car plunged into a sinkhole full of water, but they got her out.

Our bunny is normally fine with going out onto our balcony when it's raining, but she didn't appear to want any part of yesterday's rain. lol

Old 02-18-2017, 01:32 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post

Could be. It drives me nuts when those guys are smugly patting themselves on the back for not being delusional lemmings who prefer human contact, when they're the ones who come to a relationships board. They doth protest too much, or at least they're not making themselves look as superior as they think they are.

I hope our SoCal contingent isn't out driving--you know what they say about Californians driving in the rain.

Old 02-18-2017, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Could be. It drives me nuts when those guys are smugly patting themselves on the back for not being delusional lemmings who prefer human contact, when they're the ones who come to a relationships board. They doth protest too much, or at least they're not making themselves look as superior as they think they are.

I hope our SoCal contingent isn't out driving--you know what they say about Californians driving in the rain.

lol

Old 02-18-2017, 01:49 PM

52,285 posts, read 52,713,798 times
We are definatlely weather wimps here. Get a little rain and all hell breaks loose. LOL.

There is a large mountain chain here and one of the ways to get to the upper desert is a stretch of hwy called the Cajon pass and we were driving through it a couple of weeks ago coming back from my dad's funeral services and it started to rain, and the traffic literally slowed down to a crawl for 10 miles through this pass. It's a wide 3 lanes in each direction freeway and the traffic didn't need to slow to a crawl for it.

We heard tons and tons of sirens yesterday, I'm assuming it must have been accidents related to the rain. It did rain pretty good, but overall, IDK, I'm kinda let down. I was hoping for more chaos and flooding.

The way the news was talking I was seriously expecting more. Our local news was going off, weather.com had on the homepage headlines that read like Ca was going to float away.

Both of our cell phones got severe weather text alerts around the same time.

LOL, overall, it was a piece of cake. Supposed to rain today, but the chance of it went down to around 20 percent.

So, it was more bluster than anything else, sorta like the way some of the pinheads here on the forum act, just to tie it all back to relationships.

Old 02-18-2017, 02:25 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,400,511 times
Just popped in to hear all this talk about Thin Mints…OMG I love those. Walmart actually sells a generic that is pretty darned good.

Also if you really must you can make your own peppermint patties. I was on a roll for awhile and always had some in the freezer. I had to stop…too much of a good thing and all, lol. Anyway here is what I do:
Mike and Lisa's World: Peppermint Patties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Must be how they view it, I can't imagine them letting a group on their property selling a competing product. That just doesn't make any kind of business sense other than like you mentioned it being a community service.

Speaking of property, as much as I'm sympathetic to homeless people and feel bad about their plight. I sometimes get a little annoyed of having to run the gauntlet of homeless people that are in the parking lot of the grocery store. There are two or three regulars panhandling. So.... with the cookie sellers, the homeless, the petition signer crowd you have to be stealthy to make it into the actual store.

We usually donate pretty often to a rescue mission in our city because they do a lot of good. I'm hearing now that the LA county is proposing some new measure to increase the sales tax to help address the homeless problem. I'm wondering where all the money goes here, we're always voting in some measure to fix things like roads and schools and now the homeless deal. Can't figure out why the people running things here can't seem to be able to get anything done without always jumping into your wallet. LOL.

I'll probably end up voting it in just to see if it helps a bit, but man, the track history in this state for getting things fixed or right is pretty low.

I prefer donating or helping the actual people. As soon as politicians get involved well who knows what happens to the money

I just finished a good book, Evicted. It was very good but sad.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25852784-evicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by swgirl926 View Post
I am such a chicken. The first, and last time I was on a bike was when I was 18 and on Daytona Beach. We were going 25. I was screaming the whole time.
Ooh…I love riding fast. You could start with a 4-wheeler…at least you won't tip

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Lol, I was actually looking for a cute pair of rain boots.
Did you find them?

Glad your weather wasn't as bad as expected. Are you anywhere close to that dam? Now that must have been scary.

Yup…weather has been all over the place this winter. At least when it snows it will mostly be gone the next day I do feel bad for the ski slopes though.

Old 02-18-2017, 02:32 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,531,765 times
It's quite warm in London at the moment considering.... Except when the dark creeps in then it's bloody freezing as usual LMAO

Old 02-18-2017, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ylisa7 View Post
Just popped in to hear all this talk about Thin Mints…OMG I love those. Walmart actually sells a generic that is pretty darned good.

Also if you really must you can make your own peppermint patties. I was on a roll for awhile and always had some in the freezer. I had to stop…too much of a good thing and all, lol. Anyway here is what I do:
Mike and Lisa's World: Peppermint Patties
Nice blog! And thanks for the recipe.

Quote:
Did you find them?
Lol, no, I wasn't very clear there. I meant I was looking for a doggy pic with raincoat and boots.

Quote:
Glad your weather wasn't as bad as expected. Are you anywhere close to that dam? Now that must have been scary.
No, that's up north from us. But, yeah, that's been a big concern.

Quote:
Yup…weather has been all over the place this winter. At least when it snows it will mostly be gone the next day I do feel bad for the ski slopes though.
We had so much snow in the mountains, some areas were turning people away, asking them not to come up to ski, etc. Too much trouble with cars, and they needed to save all of their food/supplies for the people who lived there.

Old 02-18-2017, 02:49 PM

52,285 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
It's quite warm in London at the moment considering.... Except when the dark creeps in then it's bloody freezing as usual LMAO
We have a few places in our lives that we wanna see and London is one of them, although I'm afraid it would be just like any HUGE metropolis, but yeah, I think after London, I'd like to check out some of the smaller areas in the general area, go into a pub and have a couple of beers with the locals, hopefully they won't run us out of the joint. I know that we're allies and all in the greater sense, but not sure of the locals want some Americans in their place.

LOL, a long time back we used to go to a little neighborhood dive bar and there was a British guy there we used to chitty chat with. Since none of the Americans threw him out, hopefully we'll get that reciprocated over there.

Every time we watch a movie that is set in London, the damn sky is always gray. I suppose you guys don't get as much sun over there as we do here in So Cal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships