Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2018, 04:07 PM

20,390 posts, read 14,661,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I've got some long and detailed email chains for a couple of projects going with lots of people being on the list and I swear, the amount of lack of reading comprehension skills is just shocking. I know we all sometimes misread things or don't present information correctly, it does happen, but I see people completely misunderstanding things or missing the point of some of the most basic things in these email chains. When it comes to work and things of that nature I really pay attention and cross the t's and dot the i's. I think half the time people just don't pay enough attention or want to pay attention or maybe are too busy, IDK.

Email is great for short non-technical things but sometimes if you need to really get into the weeds on a subject it's better to just call or have a conference call if there a few people involved. Even that get F'd up by at least someone in the group. LOL.

Sorry for the rant.
I think if it's that complicated then both should happen (email and call.) Because some people seem to need the call...but I can tell you right now, my comprehension of the written word is far, far greater than my retention and understanding of aurally received information. I remember names instantly if they are spoken aloud to me, more often than not. But if I see it written down, I'll remember it. Also I prefer email because I can refer back to it later if I feel I've forgotten something or I'm confused.

I'm sorry you are dealing with people whose reading comprehension is not their strong suit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2018, 04:19 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I think if it's that complicated then both should happen (email and call.) Because some people seem to need the call...but I can tell you right now, my comprehension of the written word is far, far greater than my retention and understanding of aurally received information. I remember names instantly if they are spoken aloud to me, more often than not. But if I see it written down, I'll remember it. Also I prefer email because I can refer back to it later if I feel I've forgotten something or I'm confused.

I'm sorry you are dealing with people whose reading comprehension is not their strong suit.
I tend to do better in some ways with the written word other ways not so much.

I have email sub-folders setup for every project I work on and every single email ends up in the project folder that gets archived by my company for 7 years I believe it is. It's a great way of keeping track of things and like you mention is a good way to go back and refresh yourself on something but I literally have a millions things going on for several projects at a time that I have to make some attempt to remember. I fail to remember all that much but I can refer back to email conversations and that usually triggers my memory enough to be constructive and useful.

I'm just sniveling about my first world problems. I'm sitting on my ass in a nice air conditioned office pushing around project paperwork right now.

It could be much worse.

Old 08-08-2018, 04:27 PM

20,390 posts, read 14,661,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I tend to do better in some ways with the written word other ways not so much.

I have email sub-folders setup for every project I work on and every single email ends up in the project folder that gets archived by my company for 7 years I believe it is. It's a great way of keeping track of things and like you mention is a good way to go back and refresh yourself on something but I literally have a millions things going on for several projects at a time that I have to make some attempt to remember. I fail to remember all that much but I can refer back to email conversations and that usually triggers my memory enough to be constructive and useful.

I'm just sniveling about my first world problems. I'm sitting on my ass in a nice air conditioned office pushing around project paperwork right now.

It could be much worse.
Oh yeah, for sure.

I got a post into the First World Problems thread in Psych earlier. I'm short on sleep and will continue to be, on account of a really fun new board game with my bf last night, and a party I am running tonight. Woe is me I'm having too much fun and it's keeping me up past my bedtime. Boo freakin' hoo.

Old 08-08-2018, 06:02 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
I am tripping how more brown I've become the last week since I left for vacation. Yes, I'm a black guy but I never get this much sun since I work inside and in business casual attire and the last week I've been shirtless and in tank tops and my skin is showing it.

Old 08-08-2018, 06:49 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I am tripping how more brown I've become the last week since I left for vacation. Yes, I'm a black guy but I never get this much sun since I work inside and in business casual attire and the last week I've been shirtless and in tank tops and my skin is showing it.
Sounds like a good issue to have.

Old 08-09-2018, 09:39 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Best POF message of the night:
"I like yo face can we her?"

😺

Old 08-10-2018, 08:11 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Best POF message of the night:
"I like yo face can we her?"

😺
I've never seen her used as a verb. Well, can you her?

Old 08-10-2018, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I've never seen her used as a verb. Well, can you her?
I be herring up in here this weekend 😻

Old 08-10-2018, 01:18 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I be herring up in here this weekend 😻
I always pictured you as a himmer, not a herrer. I'm a nothinger, lately, and in this intense heat and humidity we've been having here I don't think anyone can blame me. 😝

Today, I'm going to buck the no-bake rule when the house goes over 80 degrees, because I have been craving slutty brownies. They are better than the better than sex cake which I find pretty gross, actually.

Making piña coladas tonight, served as lava flows (trickle strawberry syrup down the sides of the glass for the 'lava'). My son's request - first had them at Glen Ivy hot springs spa, feeling nostalgic. 🌋🍹

Old 08-10-2018, 01:49 PM

That sounds amazing! and because I'm a dirty old lady, whenever anybody says they've made Better Than Sex cake I always have to say "Ha! apparently you've never had sex, have you?" Slutty Brownies sound much better, especially when you are in intense heat, as well.

I got out 2 hours early, and I'm going shopping --toodles!!🙌
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships