Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2017, 09:58 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
I'm assuming they're more of acquaintances than actual friends.

Yeah, that makes sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2017, 07:04 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,795,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
It also is an issue that he wants a much younger woman and to start a family ASAP. He is 50 now, and to have a baby he will be nearing 70 when the child graduates, nor do women now want to take care of much older husbands.

He would have better luck if he wanted to date and marry the 45-52 year old woman that just wants companionship.
No, I am NOT 50. Get your facts right at least before piling on.

Old 06-22-2017, 08:38 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,647,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
I'm not familiar with your story. Can you post? Or if it's too long, send a private message.

Old 06-22-2017, 08:45 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,038,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
I apologize. Went back through your posts and you are 48. That is so much younger than 50.

Last edited by LowonLuck; 06-22-2017 at 08:57 AM..

Old 06-22-2017, 09:05 AM

216 posts, read 214,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Look, I'll be the first to admit that I probably am looking for a unicorn, but not in the ways you described. As I've gotten older, I've learned to be flexible about a lot of things, such as looks. But I've also learned the hard way just how important it is to know when not to be flexible. I'm not a religious or even spiritual person so I would never compatible with someone who is. I'm a staunch liberal and would never be compatible with a conservative. Maybe other people have managed to work around such differences and I applaud them. But my own experience has shown that it doesn't work. And, as I stated above, I don't want kids. Kinda hard to compromise on that one. So to sum up:

Late 30s/early 40s
Childfree and doesn't want children
Liberal
Not too religious
Doesn't smoke

And that's before getting into things like looks, personality, hobbies and interests, etc.
My friend is all those things... Wanna move to Texas? Lol.

Old 06-22-2017, 09:13 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ09990 View Post
My friend is all those things... Wanna move to Texas? Lol.

These things are super common in the right area.

Old 06-22-2017, 09:15 AM

216 posts, read 214,360 times
Quote:
And that is ok. I am a single mom and I won't date men with kids, for all the reasons you state, plus a few others.
Not trying to hijack this thread, but I'm curious about your reasons. I'm a single mom (widowed = no break ever) so time is obviously a huge issues. I'm dating a man without kids who claims he wants them but I'm just not getting a family man vibe off him. I was thinking that maybe I should be dating men with kids so at least they understand all that's involved in being a parent.

Old 06-22-2017, 10:12 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,988,136 times
Quote:
I apologize. Went back through your posts and you are 48. That is so much younger than 50.

Old 06-22-2017, 10:21 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,870,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post

Heh. 🔥

Old 06-22-2017, 10:21 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,038,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ09990 View Post
Not trying to hijack this thread, but I'm curious about your reasons. I'm a single mom (widowed = no break ever) so time is obviously a huge issues. I'm dating a man without kids who claims he wants them but I'm just not getting a family man vibe off him. I was thinking that maybe I should be dating men with kids so at least they understand all that's involved in being a parent.
It is exceptionally hard to incorporate a man into an already established family, it is even harder to attempt to blend additional kids into the mix. The few times I have dated men with children, it was an issue with the kids fighting for attention. For instance, the mans children wanted the attention of a "mom", but my kids struggled with sharing. Or my children would want the "dad" type attention and he would treat his own children different then mine, which would cause arguments.

I find it easier to date men that do not have children, and that are willing to devote their attention to just my kids.

ETA- I have my oldest 100% of the time, and my youngest all but 4 overnights a month. Your kids might have some of the same thoughts my children experience with not having a father in their lives.

I am currently dating a man with no kids, that is happy to devote his time and energy to mine. He is sure that two kids is plenty and does not need to have his own biological kids. He is very active with my children. He even takes off when they have medical situations that require surgery and hospital stays. He has sat a many of night in the hospital, when my sons bio dad cannot even be bothered to show up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships