Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2017, 05:21 PM

52,427 posts, read 52,966,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
My mom just got two tattoos at 75.
LOL, see now that to me is cool. An old lady getting a tat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2017, 05:22 PM

48,650 posts, read 35,150,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL, see now that to me is cool. An old lady getting a tat.
Surprised the heck out of us! /lol
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-24-2017, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Surprised the heck out of us! /lol
Like I said, that is cool because it's sorta out of the box thinking.

Drinking a twelver and going out with your buds and getting one at 21 is trite.

Old 09-24-2017, 05:31 PM

6,210 posts, read 4,674,108 times
This may have already been said in this 18+ page thread, but something that I've noticed (at least online) is that if anyone dare say anything about how women's tattoos don't look aesthetically appealing (I can't say the same for men's), they get extremely defensive about it, to the point of being a little weird about it.

Old 09-24-2017, 05:32 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,396,980 times
Quote:
Come on... you can do better than that, surely

Tats are trite now. look up the word. They're everywhere, common place, aka not very interesting at the end of the day when tons and tons of people have them.

I've only seen one tat that actually looked cool, most vary from meh, to hideous.

My tat I have is pretty much a meh tat as well. LOL
That could be said about anything that wasn't socially or culturally acceptable time ago that is more acceptable now. Wearing more than basic, modest makeup, fashion styles, worldly behavior, men with anything but clean cut appearances, etc.

Most of these things aren't very noteworthy. Are changes that result in cultural shifts supposed to be "interesting"? Women having more clothing options and makeup options isn't noteworthy, nor the "trend" of men who prefer less clean cut appearances.

Most people don't operate based on what's interesting to the masses. When I feel like wearing makeup, it isn't because it's an interesting trend. Lol.

It reminds me of the men who throw a conniption when women wear short hair styles and how they're following unfeminine worldly, genderless "trends." Me thinks they don't know what a trend is. If it became fashionable over six decades ago, it's no longer a trend, it's commonplace. It was a trend when Rosemary's Baby was released, not today.

Having anything to say about anyone's sense of style, beyond "It's not for me," fails to compute.

Old 09-24-2017, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
This may have already been said in this 18+ page thread, but something that I've noticed (at least online) is that if anyone dare say anything about how women's tattoos don't look aesthetically appealing (I can't say the same for men's), they get extremely defensive about it, to the point of being a little weird.
Yes, of course they do. People get upset in general when you say anything negative about tats in general. Not sure why, I guess it becomes very personal with some.

I have a tat myself and am not getting all hurt by some of the negative stuff I see posted here, heck I'm halfway raggin on them myself. LOL

Old 09-24-2017, 05:34 PM

3,563 posts, read 1,936,278 times
Quote:
Come on... you can do better than that, surely

Tats are trite now. look up the word. They're everywhere, common place, aka not very interesting at the end of the day when tons and tons of people have them.

I've only seen one tat that actually looked cool, most vary from meh, to hideous.

My tat I have is pretty much a meh tat as well. LOL
I'd imagine that less people have tats than wear shirts, pants, socks, underwear, shoes etc. Most of those things are pretty "meh" and trite as well.

Old 09-24-2017, 05:34 PM

2,587 posts, read 1,609,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
Back to OP, I highly doubt any good looking tattoo chick , wants to date a self confessed "old grump" anyhow.
I don't imagine that he's crying himself to sleep about that.

Old 09-24-2017, 05:39 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,388,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westegg View Post
May sound like a rant, but just curious the increase in popularity and extensive use on the skin. If you want tattoos, fine.

Are there lots of 60ish women with full sleeves or are you trying to date women who could be your daughter?

Old 09-24-2017, 05:40 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,388,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
Wait till they start getting the aging party girl look with their saggy tattoos... Nasty McNastyness...
That actually does not happen with any greater frequency than it does to people WITHOUT TATTOOS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships