Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2017, 07:08 AM

134 posts, read 121,249 times

Advertisements

I've been seeing this guy for over a year now. We started off as friends. We were friends fr a few years before then until he said he liked me and then things progressed.

We still act like best friends, as in he flirts with me..and is forever taking the mickey out of me in a friendly way. But we don't speak to each other like couples do in thr sense of all the soppy speak. I.e baby I miss you and love you etc etc it's not like that.
We.see each other once a week or once every other week. and in between we do remain in contact. When we see each other everythings good we get on really well and don't argue.

Only yesterday he was joking around about us having kids he ws like make sure you name our kid ...... an then he said it'll be good he will be my security guard for you etc etc. and he's also mentioned marriage randmly aswell.

But one habit of his which really.annoys me is his need.to follow a random woman every other day on. instagram. I can see his followers increase every day and it's usually a woman he doesn't even know. Not even celebrities since that's normal I guess. And not being bigheaded but half these.women are either thr same as me looks wise or worse I honestly.don't see anything special in any of them. Fair enough we all find other people attractive but I wouldn't go an follow hundreds of other guys. in fact if it was the other way around would he really like that. I don't know if im over thinking it or if it really is a cause for concern but I just.don't see the need for it. he will log on to his instagram and his whole home feed will be full of women taking selfies. is it really necessary?
I even showed a friend pictures of these women and about one of them she said "eww shes ugly" but I didn't tell her about him following her. That's what I mean none of them are anythin special yet he's sittin there perving away.

I don't know about anyone else but I would want someone to be so into me that they focus only on me and not have images of hundreds of other women in their minds.

Having said that evrythng else is fine in the.sense that we get on and he will reply.to me straight away if I message and hl arrange when to meet me.next. But yeh it's just the instagram thing which gets me.thinking I suppose and also the fact that he's so overprotective of his phone. even if I innocently say can I look at your pics or your apps or play a game he just flinches and grabs his phone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2017, 07:13 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
You aren't in a relationship, right? Sounds like you're FWB.

He's prowling. That's all. He has sex with you right now and is content to "play house," with the occasional baby and marriage comment.

But I'm the end he knows deep down you aren't the one, so ... still he looks. Keeping his options open.

Old 11-09-2017, 07:19 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,649,974 times
You should really focus on other aspects of your relationship than to worry about him following random people on Instagram. That's such a non-issue. Are you guys even gf/bf yet? Seems like you're just talking to each other. But to get mad at who he follows on IG?

This sounds like something a 15 year old would get mad and care about.

Old 11-09-2017, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
You aren't in a relationship, right? Sounds like you're FWB.

He's prowling. That's all. He has sex with you right now and is content to "play house," with the occasional baby and marriage comment.

But I'm the end he knows deep down you aren't the one, so ... still he looks. Keeping his options open.
no we aren't friends with benefits since Im not the type.
we havnt had sex. but ts physical in different ways.
so if im not the one why.does he.waste so much time on me then.

Old 11-09-2017, 07:26 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaches91 View Post
Because you give him attention and let him "get physical in different ways."

Old 11-09-2017, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
You should really focus on other aspects of your relationship than to worry about him following random people on Instagram. That's such a non-issue. Are you guys even gf/bf yet? Seems like you're just talking to each other. But to get mad at who he follows on IG?

This sounds like something a 15 year old would get mad and care about.
we.do evrything.together. all the nice places we go..he will take me. he even wants.to go away with Me all the.time. I havnt managed.to set a time for that yet though.

surprisingly no not only 15 yrs olds would care.about this stuff. majority.women would

Old 11-09-2017, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Because you give him attention and let him "get physical in different ways."
again it's hardly a lot. he initiates a lot.of things. once I got mad.and I stopped talking.to him he seemed to care a lot for someone who doesn't care. he was like after everything I've.one for you you go and do that. he was referring to what he did for me back in the way when wer were just friends

Old 11-09-2017, 07:33 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,649,974 times
Quote:
we.do evrything.together. all the nice places we go..he will take me. he even wants.to go away with Me all the.time. I havnt managed.to set a time for that yet though.

surprisingly no not only 15 yrs olds would care.about this stuff. majority.women would
So if everything is going great, why does something meaningless as him following random women on Instagram even matter?

Focus on you and him. Not things that don't matter. Unless he's throwing it in your face or he's like "Im talking to this hawt girl on IG and Imma slip in her DM's", what exactly is the issue? Lots of guys do that. I'm pretty sure I've followed a few random IG women in the past just because, it means absolutely nothing, though.

Old 11-09-2017, 07:35 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,287,554 times
Quote:
Because he can't spend time with a woman on the computer.
You're real...that's why he "waste so much time on me".
Sounds like a freak to me....I don't understand why you're so interested in a man who feels the need to "follow" a different women every day...that's weird.

Old 11-09-2017, 07:36 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,207,141 times
How do you know what's on his phone if he doesn't let you see it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships