Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 02:18 AM

818 posts, read 456,833 times

Advertisements

Ahh , so called commitment phope was just a load of bs anyway.
lf a guy wasn't interested enough in her all of a sudden he had problems.
What a load bullshyt.

Did it ever cross her mind that maybe he just didn't feel the right stuff for her or maybe he was stuck midway about her, because if he did he'd be all over it.

Few other things in all that also, there's plenty of women around that won't commit to yaknow and women divorce more than guys from stats anyway and over just about anything these days, and he gets taken to the cleaners. Doesn't matter what she says or how much of a hurry she's in guys aren't that stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2018, 05:33 AM

1,199 posts, read 731,225 times
The only thing that has changed is the media narrative. Most women want relationships no matter how much people on the internet can scream otherwise.

Old 03-29-2018, 05:39 AM

1,199 posts, read 731,225 times
This idea that women are the new bachelors is hilarious.

Old 03-29-2018, 06:23 AM

641 posts, read 405,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings18 View Post
This idea that women are the new bachelors is hilarious.
In my experience women are usually in a relationship with someone and rarely single for long. A woman single in a bar tends to mean she's just split up with someone.

Just in terms of the large office I work in, mostly women, pretty much every woman over 40 is married if not divorced, the 30s women are usually married or in a committed relationship and the 20s women usually have boyfriends. This is right across the spectrum in terms of looks/weight/personality etc.

Out of the few single ones, most are in their 20s and either enjoying playing the field on Tinder/OLD, or just very picky and have impossible standards.

By contrast there's a lot of single guys working there. This make up has been the same at every place i've worked. There's always a much higher ratio of single men to single women, same in college and school. Even though there's more women in the office there's more single men.

I think bachelor women tend to be either divorced women who are now happier alone after a bad marriage, or widow's.

Old 03-29-2018, 06:56 AM

4,414 posts, read 3,476,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk101 View Post

Did it ever cross her mind that maybe he just didn't feel the right stuff for her or maybe he was stuck midway about her, because if he did he'd be all over it.
The problem is when the guy ACTS like they feel "the right stuff" and are "all over it" -- meaning they are pretty much seeing the woman during all of their free time, totally are "there" through good and bad, going so far as to actually moving in with the woman -- yet won't agree to be her husband. I've seen this lot of times.

I mean you have to pretty much feel like someone is "it" to want to live with them 24/7, no?

I think in those situations it's hard for the woman to "buy" what you are saying, and therefore it's easy to cast the issue as commitment phobia.

Old 03-29-2018, 08:07 AM

20,398 posts, read 14,678,474 times
All I know is that recently with my present partner, this is the first time I've ever WANTED marriage. And there have been multiple men in my past who wanted marriage with me, and I resisted. The one marriage I was in, he pestered me and pressured me for 10 years before I gave in and we made it legal. I did not want to be legally married.

I like having the freedom to change my mind, even if it's not likely I am actually going to. I don't like making lifelong promises, because I don't believe I can see where I'm gonna be at in the future, a decade or several down the line. I'm into life as a journey, and not a destination, all that sort of thing. And my ex seemed to have the mindset that "if you marry me, you can't leave, even if I act like a jerk. You promised to put up with me for better or worse, so I'm safe."

I have this feeling that being a guy, seeking a mate, feels so competitive, that if they find one they love and it's good enough, she turns them on and she's not a complete pain in the rear to live with, they want to lock her down and get a commitment out of her quick before another man can come along and steal her away. And I hear lots of guys talking about wanting kids, a family. Even young ones.

Old 03-29-2018, 09:31 AM

639 posts, read 376,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I did, but I missed the segment about kids killing kids ‘cuz feminism.

Was that on the K-UR Psycho Far Reaching Paranoia Hour? I always miss that show, it’s on when I’m grooming my armpit hair and slamming doors in men’s faces.
You lack comprehension skills, or are just using deviation tactics in the light of the facts. Simply go back and read what is posted. It's not that hard to understand.

Last edited by Bo_Lorem; 03-29-2018 at 09:49 AM..

Old 03-29-2018, 10:39 AM

2,685 posts, read 2,523,323 times
I'm extremely commitment-phobic.

Old 03-29-2018, 12:01 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk101 View Post
Ahh , so called commitment phope was just a load of bs anyway.
lf a guy wasn't interested enough in her all of a sudden he had problems.
What a load bullshyt.

Few other things in all that also, there's plenty of women around that won't commit to yaknow and women divorce more than guys from stats anyway and over just about anything these days, and he gets taken to the cleaners. Doesn't matter what she says or how much of a hurry she's in guys aren't that stupid.

Meh, yeah, they did, remember "He's Just Not Into You"? Not a new concept.

Old 03-29-2018, 12:03 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo_Lorem View Post
You lack comprehension skills, or are just using deviation tactics in the light of the facts. Simply go back and read what is posted. It's not that hard to understand.

I'm terribly sorry to take a stand on this but it was your assertion that feminism has directly caused school shootings of kids on kids. It is on you to support that.

No, what you're saying isn't hard to understand. It's not understanding it that's the problem. It's the fact that it's inaccurate and a wild leap that's the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships