Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2018, 08:33 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,740,695 times

Advertisements

It is just me, or does anyone else find it flat out bizarre that this guy is already getting mad and moody with his potential date, while this gal is already angsting about what he does with his dating profile WHEN THEY HAVE NEVER MET OR SPOKEN ON THE PHONE.

It also baffles me why anyone would even consider a long distance relationship with a person who is too busy to even set up a first date.

Why do people do this to each other? I don't get it at all.

The answer is, he is a stranger and it's none of your business why he hid his profile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2018, 08:55 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
It is just me, or does anyone else find it flat out bizarre that this guy is already getting mad and moody with his potential date, while this gal is already angsting about what he does with his dating profile WHEN THEY HAVE NEVER MET OR SPOKEN ON THE PHONE.
It is not just you.

Old 05-13-2018, 01:41 PM

1,505 posts, read 1,811,290 times
It is none of your business why he hid his profile. You are not exclusive. He is contacting you less and he is "busy." You haven't met, so how are you defining chemistry? Move on. If he plans a meeting and you want to meet, that's your call. Until them, chill.

Old 05-13-2018, 02:43 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,021,357 times
Quote:

It also baffles me why anyone would even consider a long distance relationship with a person who is too busy to even set up a first date.

The answer is, he is a stranger and it's none of your business why he hid his profile.
Well, this is why I'm wondering if she is already being pushy. Because his reaction sounds irritated or overwhelmed.

I think it is equally weird that sight unseen, she has already demanded conformation that he is "into this." Another reason I wonder if she is acting just a bit too pushy in all this.

Meanwhile she is wondering about confronting him about his site status.

All this without ever having met him.

Either he's cheating and therefore is nervous about all the scrutiny and getting irritated, or he is just a normal guy who is nervous about all the scrutiny and getting irritated. IMO.

Old 05-13-2018, 03:10 PM

1,748 posts, read 1,297,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
If you ask about his hiding his profile he is going to get a "stalker alert" warning in his head for sure. Please just don't do that.

Well I once asked a guy I knew online if he deleted his profile, just cause I wanted to know why and didn't get "stalker alert" vibes from him. We haven't even met so it's not like a terrible question to ask or answer.

Old 05-13-2018, 03:14 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,893,310 times
OP why is it your business that he deleted his profile? You don’t know each other. Maybe I am weird but I don’t expect strangers to give me the motivations for their decisions. It is not my business and they owe me nothing.

Old 05-13-2018, 03:21 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,021,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softcrunch View Post
Well I once asked a guy I knew online if he deleted his profile, just cause I wanted to know why and didn't get "stalker alert" vibes from him. We haven't even met so it's not like a terrible
I have mentioned more than once that I feel this may be the case *on top of* other possessive style things she has said/indicated.

Yeah, you didn't get stalker vibes as *you* were doing the asking...right? Isn't that the opposite of the OP's situation?

Sigh. Yeah, OP, to ahead and ask. Good luck and I hope it all works out.

Old 05-13-2018, 03:27 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,253,841 times
Quote:

Nope not just you.

Old 05-13-2018, 03:32 PM

1,748 posts, read 1,297,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ35 View Post
When you hide a profile a few things could be going on...you could just be taking a break from the dating site, you could be busy and not have time to answer people, you could be exclusively seeing someone else and that someone else insisted the profile be hidden so others don’t contact him. He may not have been ready to hide it but did it to make someone else happy but still is keeping in contact with the others he has already been talking to.

Well just ask him if you wanna know why. He may not be honest with his reasons but you can probably figure out from his answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships