Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2018, 11:48 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,618,516 times

Advertisements

"What are your plans for the weekend?" definitely = "I'm a crusty old hooker who wants to hook up with anything with a pulse." Definitely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2018, 11:49 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,007,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
"What are your plans for the weekend?" definitely = "I'm a crusty old hooker who wants to hook up with anything with a pulse." Definitely.

Pretty odd cognitive leap, for sure.

Old 05-29-2018, 12:32 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,755,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Is that what you think she wanted to do? Lol

Old 05-29-2018, 08:50 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,906,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Only thing I find weird is some woman matched with me on Friday night and asked, "what are your plans this weekends? I think to meet someone face to face that fast shows desperation in my opinion. Why would I meet a stranger that quick from matching on a dating app?
Meh, I am of the opposite opinion. I’m social, I like to meet people. I’d rather meet people sooner. I have no problem chatting up random strangers in general. Of course, more people on OLD are the shier type so that comes across as weird. I love a good face to face convo, and it doesn't have to lead to anything.

Old 05-29-2018, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Meh, I am of the opposite opinion. I’m social, I like to meet people. I’d rather meet people sooner. I have no problem chatting up random strangers in general. Of course, more people on OLD are the shier type so that comes across as weird. I love a good face to face convo, and it doesn't have to lead to anything.
But then if you are free to meet then I can see a woman saying, "wow he must not much of a life"

Old 05-29-2018, 09:51 PM

777 posts, read 453,123 times
Quote:
But then if you are free to meet then I can see a woman saying, "wow he must not much of a life"
Don't spend too much time worrying about what this woman or that will think about you being available, or not available.

If someone wasn't available relatively soon, I tended to write them off. I wasn't looking for desperate, but I didn't want to be a side piece or part of a harem either.

So, if you're NOT available soon enough, it's going to look bad to some of us.

Just make your first meetings short and sweet. Have an out if there's something drastically off about whoever you meet. The first meeting should just be making sure you've both reasonably presented yourself in your profile, that your pics aren't 10 years and 30 pounds ago, etc.

If there's a spark, then try to get an actual "date". If not, you didn't waste a lot of time or money. I don't think I am alone in not wanting the first meet to be something long and involved. Sure, sometimes we'd end up talking for a long time, but that would be a good thing if the interest were mutual. Sometimes a coffee turned into a lunch, or a drink turned into a dinner, but that didn't happen a lot, and I wasn't offended if it didn't.

Old 05-29-2018, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Onn View Post
Don't spend too much time worrying about what this woman or that will think about you being available, or not available.

If someone wasn't available relatively soon, I tended to write them off. I wasn't looking for desperate, but I didn't want to be a side piece or part of a harem either.

So, if you're NOT available soon enough, it's going to look bad to some of us.

Just make your first meetings short and sweet. Have an out if there's something drastically off about whoever you meet. The first meeting should just be making sure you've both reasonably presented yourself in your profile, that your pics aren't 10 years and 30 pounds ago, etc.

If there's a spark, then try to get an actual "date". If not, you didn't waste a lot of time or money. I don't think I am alone in not wanting the first meet to be something long and involved. Sure, sometimes we'd end up talking for a long time, but that would be a good thing if the interest were mutual. Sometimes a coffee turned into a lunch, or a drink turned into a dinner, but that didn't happen a lot, and I wasn't offended if it didn't.

If I wake up on a saturday and see that I have a match and start chatting with a woman, there is a good chance I would meet that same day.

Old 05-29-2018, 10:49 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,906,783 times
Quote:
Nope, sometimes you don’t make plans way ahead. It is completely reasonable. I find fellow singles tend to have more availability than coupled people. Now if you are always always always free that might be weird.

Old 05-30-2018, 09:38 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,618,516 times
In my single years (and now, to a degree), I kept things pretty flexible and spontaneous. It wouldn't have been unusual for me to have a pretty wide open night in the near future, not having decided yet what I was gonna do. I still don't typically book myself up or lock into plans if I can avoid it. So I have availability as needed a lot of the time.

Old 05-30-2018, 10:11 AM

898 posts, read 599,041 times
Quote:
My friend said the woman asked me what were my plans because she was thinking about meeting this past weekend. That was her second message which leads me to believe she was horny and looking to meet for sex. I never been that type of guy because women like that give off a dirty crusty vibe because it;s no telling how many men they do that with.

If she is crusty, just keep licking
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships