Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2018, 02:07 PM
RJ_

743 posts, read 392,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post

This has nothing to do with integrity or truthfulness. It has to do with being sensitive to peoples' feelings.
I know it's kind of a far fetched notion these days in our emotion-obsessed society, but, you can be sensitive to cultural norms while also being honest.

Old 07-08-2018, 02:51 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,620,438 times
I'd say the best way to maximize your attractiveness to ladies is to:

1. Find a hobby. Preferably one that will pull you out of the house.
2. Get in decent physical shape.
3. Get good at small talk.
4. Develop self confidence and mindset that you are valuable and deserve the best.

Dressing nice, driving a nice car, etc. It's all irrelevant.

Last edited by usamathman; 07-08-2018 at 03:26 PM..

Old 07-09-2018, 01:10 AM

399 posts, read 221,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ_ View Post
I completely disagree with this.

Of course I would be honest with her. What good does it do to lie to her? It's a true disservice. I would tell her "it doesn't matter what I or anyone thinks, it only matters what you think." I would tell her that the most beautiful people I know are beautiful not because of what their body looks like but what their heart looks like.

You should learn how to deploy "tact". Meaning, learn to avoid telling somebody things that will make them feel bad unnecessarily.

I can't believe I have to explain this to someone nearly twice my age.

Old 07-09-2018, 02:58 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,869,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsix View Post

You should learn how to deploy "tact". Meaning, learn to avoid telling somebody things that will make them feel bad unnecessarily.

It happens when someone has little to no emotional intelligence. I was getting frustrated, then realized it's very similar to explaining coutesy to someone on the spectrum.

Old 07-09-2018, 04:18 AM

207 posts, read 108,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
I'd say the best way to maximize your attractiveness to ladies is to:

1. Find a hobby. Preferably one that will pull you out of the house.
2. Get in decent physical shape.
3. Get good at small talk.
4. Develop self confidence and mindset that you are valuable and deserve the best.

Dressing nice, driving a nice car, etc. It's all irrelevant.

I like that, but there's more!

1.Hit the Gym, bulk up if you are skinny, slim down if you are huh, chunky. Get that body fat down to 9%.
2.Get a tan.
3.Get your whole body waxed from the nose down. it hurts but it feels so good after the pain is gone!
4. Get tattoos and have them on places that are visible while having clothes on.
5.Get braces, I even see 50 year old men nowadays with braces, it's no shame for young men to get them.
6.Have dentists perform teeth-withening procedures on your teeth.
7.Get a good haircut, Brad Pitt's hairstyle in Fury was awesome
8.Wear stylish clothes. No need to buy expensive clothes. Clothes that flatter your body build.
9. Be irrationaly confident. Doesn't matter if she's Jennifer Lopez and you are a broke kid, look at her boytoy
10. Do not get attached. If you get emotionally attached to one woman at a time that kills off your chances from sleeping with the other women who are attracted to you, because FEEEELINGS.

Old 07-09-2018, 04:28 AM

207 posts, read 108,492 times
Quote:
If a little girl asked you if she’s ugly and you thought she really was would you be honest with her?
Yes. I had a classmate in the University I attended, and one day she was complaining to me that no guy wanted to sleep with her. She really wanted to get laid, and then she asked me what was wrong with her that she couldn't get anyone she was at the very least slightly attracted to(and her standards were low by the way) to sleep with her, no strings attached.

I told her that the vast majority of the women in our University were fit and why would guys lower their standards when they can get what they want?

Next year she was getting laid often

I also said the same thing to a guy who was venting to me about not getting anything, either. I told him what girl is attracted to a 5'10'' 110lbs skeleton LOL and the dude finally gained the common sense to go to gym and change himself to look like he hadn't escaped from a war camp.

I'm very, very blunt, and I'm my biggest critic, and that's how everyone should be. Instead of complaining, we should all look at ourselves, identify what makes us not attractive and then fix that

Old 07-09-2018, 10:07 AM

102,216 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshyy View Post
I like that, but there's more!

1.Hit the Gym, bulk up if you are skinny, slim down if you are huh, chunky. Get that body fat down to 9%.
2.Get a tan.
3.Get your whole body waxed from the nose down. it hurts but it feels so good after the pain is gone!
4. Get tattoos and have them on places that are visible while having clothes on.
5.Get braces, I even see 50 year old men nowadays with braces, it's no shame for young men to get them.
6.Have dentists perform teeth-withening procedures on your teeth.
7.Get a good haircut, Brad Pitt's hairstyle in Fury was awesome
8.Wear stylish clothes. No need to buy expensive clothes. Clothes that flatter your body build.
9. Be irrationaly confident. Doesn't matter if she's Jennifer Lopez and you are a broke kid, look at her boytoy
10. Do not get attached. If you get emotionally attached to one woman at a time that kills off your chances from sleeping with the other women who are attracted to you, because FEEEELINGS.
Yeah, we certainly don't want a society of men who actually have feelings! We want automatons who use women without the slightest qualm, and exhibits no humanity at all. The more sociopaths in society, the better!

You crazy, bro. Dudes, getting body waxes? Ewwwwwwww....

Tattoos? You want everyone to look like the cast from Pirates of the Caribbean? Ooh, sexy, yeah.... Johnny Depp was definitely cute with that long hair, I'll give you that. What about eye patches? Aren't pirates supposed to wear an eye patch?

Just curious; why would teens and 20-somethings need to whiten their teeth? What have they been doing to them, that they're not naturally white, and need help? Chewing betel nut? Drinking coffee all day since they were 12? Packing their cheeks with smokeless tobacco? Please enlighten us. Do you work for the dental industry, by any chance? Is your dad a dentist or orthodontist?

Old 07-09-2018, 10:53 AM

20,396 posts, read 14,673,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
Possible answers considered but rejected because of the lack of dental insurance:

* "No, sweety; the dress doesn't make your butt look too fat; your butt is too fat."
* "No, sweety; your butt is just fat enough."
* "Yes, sweety; it makes your butt look too fat."
* "Sweety, I love you no matter how fat you get."
I fully admit to female privilege in this. It allowed me to be the snarky person I am when a girlfriend asked me this years ago, and I stick to favorite snarky response. Though I am always prepared to duck in case objects are thrown at me.

"Really though, love, is it fair to blame the dress?"

Old 07-09-2018, 11:21 AM
RJ_

743 posts, read 392,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsix View Post

You don't have to explain it to me because I would never make someone feel bad unnecessarily. But truth, by it's very nature, can be uncomfortable, regardless of how it's presented. Which is why I don't appreciate the touchy, feely approach our society has adopted. It does nothing more than create an insulating layer that protects us from the truth.

Old 07-09-2018, 11:29 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,981,862 times
I find people that so vigorously proclaim they are just "telling the truth" or "saying it how it really is" use this to cover for their just being a freaking jerk. It's just like those people that proudly proclaim they aren't PC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships