Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2018, 02:30 PM

18 posts, read 18,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
Oh. While we're at dispensing unpopular opinions, a tattoo is a leisure suit you can never take off again.

Certainly what I was always taught but once in a while they look good. Clearly, less is more so just a very simple tattoo can look okay I think. But they do scream for attention sometimes and that makes me uncomfortable
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2018, 03:38 PM

296 posts, read 266,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Mine: I don't think romantic relationships are necessarily meant to last forever. I have wondered at times what would happen if marriage licenses were for a finite time and could be renewed or not. I guess the logistics would be a mess but it has crossed my mind.
I think I have agreed with you before on this one, and I am going to agree again.
Maybe marriage could be for 3 years, with option to renew.

Old 07-22-2018, 08:17 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,337,550 times
I believe Females are superior beings to males, generally.

Old 07-22-2018, 09:27 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,812,094 times
I don't like the word "opinion" in this case because it implies that people have the right to disrespect or disbelieve it instead of taking the person for their word. Anyway I'm going to use the word "feeling" instead because it's something I've actually experienced in a way.
One feeling I have is that love at first sight (or something similar) is entirely possible. At the risk of ridicule, I find that many neurotypicals have this odd assumption that you have to interact with the person on a regular basis to fall in love with them. They say you have to "get to know" them first. Maybe that's true for normal people a lot of the time but the thing is you can "know" someone for years and still not really know them because they can be giving you a facade or change. They can turn on you at any time so considering that yes you can know that cashier at the grocery store you occasionally shop at just as well as a friend you've had for 10 years sometimes. It just depends. Not everything is so black and white. I'm an intuitive and observant person although my intuition never works in the way I want it to and I don't always listen to it..I generally know the basics of a person right away.

I wish people would understand that within reason love doesn't really have restrictions. As long as they're not harming their "object of affection" there's no reason to judge their admiration.

Old 07-24-2018, 05:34 AM

1,442 posts, read 1,568,601 times
Women should offer to pay after the 4th date.

Old 07-24-2018, 06:04 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,427,642 times
I do not think I have an unpopular opinion on it so much as an unpopular position. Which is that I do not go into either of the two extremes on the whole "dating techniques" stuff.

The PUA artist people generally disgust me to the core - and most of the crap they perpetuate is nonsense.

But I do think there are actual approaches and techniques and improvements people can make to their approach. And I "trained" a guy a couple years back on these when he was having no success with women and it did a lot for him.

So the PUA creeps hate me because I debunk and demean their nonsense all the time. And the people at the other end of the spectrum hate me because they think a lot of what I think and taught my friend seems like PUA to them.

So I can't win Except with my mate - who is now in a nice long term relationship after having a nice spree of successes to choose from.

Old 07-24-2018, 06:50 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,981,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcresHomes44 View Post
Women should offer to pay after the 4th date.

I agree that would be unpopular, and odd. I have never gotten to a fourth date where the woman didn't pick up a tab earlier than that. Generally after the first things are at least split or traded off.

Old 07-24-2018, 08:46 AM

399 posts, read 221,171 times
My opinion: if you're attracting (and are attracted to) men or women who have major issues, you do too.

Old 07-24-2018, 09:18 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,198,631 times
Would GOD approve?

Old 07-24-2018, 12:15 PM

1,178 posts, read 685,698 times
Quality, lasting relationships take time to build. Like years. Certainly more than a few months.

That view is highly unpopular on here, it seems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships