Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2019, 01:06 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,816,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellybelly83 View Post
I honestly wish there was an actual definition of curvy. Some women use it when they really mean lumpy and some women use it simply because they're not thin. For men it can mean anything too. Its pretty much anything from Kim K to Whitney Thor.
I tend to call myself average, though my co-workers view me as athletic or muscular (I know this as it was brought up in a staff meeting).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2019, 01:10 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,184,359 times
Probably 1000 places have been voted the worst place to date on one list or another. The married people (for the most part) aren't going to be on OLD. It can't be that hard with that big a pool. I dunno. Maybe it is.

If its that bad, move. No amount of $ is worth having a crap social life in my book.

Old 03-14-2019, 01:33 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,816,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Probably 1000 places have been voted the worst place to date on one list or another. The married people (for the most part) aren't going to be on OLD. It can't be that hard with that big a pool. I dunno. Maybe it is.

If its that bad, move. No amount of $ is worth having a crap social life in my book.
I'm way ahead of you on the moving part. Been trying to do that for 3 years. I've completely given up on this place, but I can't just move without a job. Even in this economy, that wouldn't be smart.

Old 03-14-2019, 01:42 PM

880 posts, read 536,758 times
Quote:
Definitions of those things are useless. Like, what is an "athletic" build. A lean distance runner, or a power lifter? Almost polar opposites, both athletic. That's why filters on such junk are useless. Engage with individuals. It's not that hard.
So the last time I was on OLD and after I expanded my parameters to about a 50 mile radius, I had over 500 potential matches (guys that had swiped right on me). In an ideal world i would spend time getting to know all of them. As I’m someone who finds intelligence sexier than aesthetics i found OLD very difficult because I always wondered if I was swiping away someone I could really click with. I know that looks are important to others so I prefer to offer up more information on the front end (hoping they read my profile) That way they can dismiss me sooner rather than later. That is why I liked those filters. Even if they are too open to interpretation they still serve a purpose.

Old 03-14-2019, 02:48 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,184,359 times
Quote:
So the last time I was on OLD and after I expanded my parameters to about a 50 mile radius, I had over 500 potential matches (guys that had swiped right on me). In an ideal world i would spend time getting to know all of them. As I’m someone who finds intelligence sexier than aesthetics i found OLD very difficult because I always wondered if I was swiping away someone I could really click with. I know that looks are important to others so I prefer to offer up more information on the front end (hoping they read my profile) That way they can dismiss me sooner rather than later. That is why I liked those filters. Even if they are too open to interpretation they still serve a purpose.

For me, the profile is the filter. And match %, which with OKC I found to be super accurate. 500 isn't many, really, esp since very few will like me back.

Old 03-14-2019, 04:16 PM

52,455 posts, read 53,011,596 times
Quote:
I honestly wish there was an actual definition of curvy. Some women use it when they really mean lumpy and some women use it simply because they're not thin. For men it can mean anything too. Its pretty much anything from Kim K to Whitney Thor.
Mia Tyler, Anna Nicole Smith, Ashley Gram, those are curvy types, at least to me.

It can be pretty subjective. I've heard women call themselves curvy and they were 350 plus pounds.

Curvy to me and probably to most men means a definite hour glass shape and that sometimes comes with a little extra....

Old 03-14-2019, 04:26 PM

8,238 posts, read 6,622,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

What is "DD" ???

I've been coupled up so long that I've never tried online dating and it sounds like it could be ok, but I read so much on this forum that makes it sounds horrific.

I feel like I have moderate or middle of the road things that I'm interested in a woman.

Looks wise I prefer a more "healthy" figure on a woman, curvy, voluptuous type figures and brunette. I also prefer them to below 5'6" or so. I feel like looks wise those are pretty open as I see that physical type pretty regularly.

The personality stuff is pretty open, the basics, friendly, sense of humor, reasonably intelligent. LOL, I consider myself reasonably intelligent so that type of stuff is important.

I think for me the biggest deal breakers is too much drama, kids, and mountains of debt.
I'm constantly amazed by your prolific extensive comments on dating and seeking companionship since you've been "coupled up for so long" and these topics are not within anything close to any current experience on your part. (and perhaps married)

Old 03-14-2019, 04:31 PM

52,455 posts, read 53,011,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
I'm constantly amazed by your prolific extensive comments on dating and seeking companionship since you've been "coupled up for so long" and these topics are not within anything close to any current experience on your part. (and married, I think)
I thought that this was a message forum.

I thought that people who have common sense and speak with others and have eyes and ears and can read and have experienced some form of dating in the past were allowed here in this sub form.

I guess we'll have to get the memo out that people in LTR's or long marriages aren't allowed to comment on here anymore.

Mods, take note, us oldies who are married/coupled up aren't allowed to post in here anymore. Mattisse12 made it official.

Old 03-14-2019, 09:29 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,126,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Mia Tyler, Anna Nicole Smith, Ashley Gram, those are curvy types, at least to me.

It can be pretty subjective. I've heard women call themselves curvy and they were 350 plus pounds.

Curvy to me and probably to most men means a definite hour glass shape and that sometimes comes with a little extra....

Yep I pretty much agree, I have a mental image of curvy as a big girl who is still proportionate .

Old 03-14-2019, 10:31 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,126,461 times
Quote:
For me, the profile is the filter. And match %, which with OKC I found to be super accurate. 500 isn't many, really, esp since very few will like me back.

I've always found that confusing, I've msg'd women who matched me 95% or more and got ignored, and I have been contacted by women with less than a 25% match. It's almost like most people don't pay attention to those percentages.

I answered all the relationship specific questions, seemed a waste of time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships