Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2019, 12:25 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Maybe I should start going to McDonalds more often at least when I strike out it won’t hurt my wallet!

https://www.studyfinds.org/foodie-ca...for-free-meal/
What did you expect in exchange for a free meal? A roll in the hay? Pff!

Sorry but striking out is your own fault. You failed to catch the woman’s interest. You probably chose the wrong woman to begin with.

Old 06-22-2019, 12:29 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, this is how I see it. Being a gold digger is the wrong way to be. It's not about the chicken dinner. It is about intentions. If the only reason a woman is dating you is for a free me, she likely has a gold digger's mentality and is only interested in using people. It is disturbing to me because I don't want to be used.
Many long term relationships started where a woman does not see an attraction but decides, "oh well, I'll at least I'll get a dinner".

At dinner they see you as a decent person.

My wife was married to a car salesman before me. I sold cars before the job I currently have. She told me that if I was still a car salesman, she probably wouldn't have went out with me. We will be married 20 years this December.

She was after something stable. Is that "gold digging"? LOL. Go out, pay for dinner. Be a decent person. You never know.

So far whatever you are doing doesn't seem to be working.

Old 06-22-2019, 12:29 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,656,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Right?!!

But I hardly consider it news that either gender, at times, does not have the others best interest at heart.

I would feel the same about a headline "Study find some men just date women for sex."

In other news, water is wet.
Right. LOL. It can work either way and usually does.

Old 06-22-2019, 12:30 PM

1,349 posts, read 663,816 times
Gold digger ?

Anyone believing that knows we're in 2019?

I have my own money and career thank you (not).

Should I start a thread about men being offended that I pay my way or (worse) offered to greet them ?

Please.... First world problems.

Old 06-22-2019, 12:34 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
No, men are just suckers. If you’re gonna be all weak and buy food and other stuff for women, that’s your problem. I never did let ‘em get me like that. Most men are dumbasses and get all fluffy around women. They’re too easily taken in by charm and good looks. They stupidly think that if they buy women things, they’ll like them more. Wrong!’

Never that. When I was single, I wouldn’t give a chick a dime to put cheese on a Whopper.

Old 06-22-2019, 12:35 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, this is how I see it. Being a gold digger is the wrong way to be. It's not about the chicken dinner. It is about intentions. If the only reason a woman is dating you is for a free me, she likely has a gold digger's mentality and is only interested in using people. It is disturbing to me because I don't want to be used.
The exact same could be same, as others have pointed out, for situations in which a man is only interested in dating a woman for sex. And this happens plenty.

And you know what's funny about "gold digging" (which is not what I would call this)? It typically refers to a hot younger woman dating or marrying an older man for his money. Sometimes a really old man, like a Hugh Hefner in his older years or Anna Nicole Smith/J. Howard Marshall situation. But why is it just the women who are denigrated for it? Why aren't the men equally criticized for being so desperate and shallow that they'd be willing to be with a woman who only wants him for his money, because she's young and hot? Why isn't that mindset equally gross to people?

It's like when celebrity men leave their wives once they both hit or begin to near middle age and wind up with some 20-something-year-old model. Like Robin Thicke. Or Scottt Disick (who dated Kourtney Kardashian for years, had 3 kids with her, and is now dating 20 year old Sofia Richie). It's nice to have a hot young woman on your arm, I guess.

Men can be shallow, too. Where are the threads for them?

Old 06-22-2019, 12:35 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
No, men are just suckers. If you’re gonna be all weak and buy food and other stuff for women, that’s your problem. I never did let ‘em get me like that. Most men are dumbasses and get all fluffy around women. They’re too easily taken in by charm and good looks.

Never that. When I was single, I wouldn’t give a chick a dime to put cheese on a Whopper.
Yeah, I like women. Guilty.

Old 06-22-2019, 12:45 PM

48,526 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Many long term relationships started where a woman does not see an attraction but decides, "oh well, I'll at least I'll get a dinner".

At dinner they see you as a decent person.

My wife was married to a car salesman before me. I sold cars before the job I currently have. She told me that if I was still a car salesman, she probably wouldn't have went out with me. We will be married 20 years this December.

She was after something stable. Is that "gold digging"? LOL. Go out, pay for dinner. Be a decent person. You never know.

So far whatever you are doing doesn't seem to be working.

My husband asked if he had worked at McDonald's would I still have dated him. My answer was "no."

I am no gold digger, I have my own gold.

We were in our 40s, and I would rarely have anything in common (lifestyle wise) with someone who serves fries.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-22-2019, 12:52 PM

1,754 posts, read 755,134 times
I understand why you would be upset, but it isn't fair to judge all girls as the same or as "connivers" for possibly just being social and giving a guy a chance. A date can be an opportunity to change one's mind too and show stability, compassion, humor, etc...

I've had some rough dates where all the guy wanted to do was get as far as he could and nothing more. Certainly all guys aren't that way.

Old 06-22-2019, 12:56 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Yeah, I like women. Guilty.
Me too. Crazy about ‘em.

I like my money more though. I also like my sanity, my dignity and pride. I’m not playing the sucker just because you’re cute with good dimensions. There are more where she came from. I ain’t never been a chump for love and I sure as hell ain’t gonna start now. I’m not getting used. Hell no.

Every time I see a guy get chewed up and spit out by some woman, I thank my lucky stars that my father and uncles raised me well and showed me how THAT game goes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.