Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2019, 12:03 PM

73,041 posts, read 62,646,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Getting a chicken dinner isn't really "gold digging". Maybe it's your attitude?
You aren't getting my point. Gold digging is gold digging, period. It's about intentions.

Old 06-22-2019, 12:06 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
You aren't getting my point. Gold digging is gold digging, period. It's about intentions.
I do get it.

Old 06-22-2019, 12:08 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,999,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Right?!!

But I hardly consider it news that either gender, at times, does not have the others best interest at heart.

I would feel the same about a headline "Study find some men just date women for sex."

In other news, water is wet.
Yeah how do people feel about this? Is this another classic example of men can do what they want but when a woman tries the same, we yell at her and call her names?

Old 06-22-2019, 12:09 PM

19,654 posts, read 12,239,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
All men need to do is learn to stand up for themselves. Have a little self respect.
There's something known as the thirst. It is why men send money to Instagram and Twitch girls who look hot. There is no rationale, they will never meet them or touch them. At least with the dinner date, there is real contact even if it is just sitting down having a meal and talking.

The internet is used by women luring lonely men to send them money and gifts, so how is getting one meal any worse.... it's all bad because it is dishonest, but there will always be users. How is a man really to know if a real girl accepting a date is a user. How is a woman to know a man isn't just out for sex and lying to her... It's a tough world but we've been weathering this dance as long as men and women have dated. Almost all of us get hurt and disappointed at some point if we put ourselves out there.

So it's a dumb study, because, duh people can be jerks.

Old 06-22-2019, 12:14 PM

Quote:
I do get it.
Then how is "gold digging" as it really is, not a big deal?

Old 06-22-2019, 12:17 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Then how is "gold digging" as it really is, not a big deal?
You have your opinion, I have mine. I'm not going to get all worked up and call people names over a chicken dinner.

Old 06-22-2019, 12:19 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,936,631 times
I blame this on simps. Guys, you have quit being so damn gullible.

Old 06-22-2019, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
There's something known as the thirst. It is why men send money to Instagram and Twitch girls who look hot. There is no rationale, they will never meet them or touch them. At least with the dinner date, there is real contact even if it is just sitting down having a meal and talking.

The internet is used by women luring lonely men to send them money and gifts, so how is getting one meal any worse.... it's all bad because it is dishonest, but there will always be users. How is a man really to know if a real girl accepting a date is a user. How is a woman to know a man isn't just out for sex and lying to her... It's a tough world but we've been weathering this dance as long as men and women have dated. Almost all of us get hurt and disappointed at some point if we put ourselves out there.

So it's a dumb study, because, duh people can be jerks.
Well, I'm not thirsty. I don't send money to anyone on Instagram. I might send my favorite Youtuber a "superchat" if I like the content that said youtuber is producing. However, as for that thirst, a woman could be "hot" or "stunning" and I won't send money. Half the time I'm wondering if said woman got implants or what kind of woman she is. I know I will never meet her. I know I can never get anything from her. I know she can get as much male attention as she wants. For that reason, I don't waste my time or my money. Not worth it.

The internet has revealed so much evil in the world. The internet might expose you to alot of people. You never know what you're getting though.

Old 06-22-2019, 12:22 PM

Quote:
You have your opinion, I have mine. I'm not going to get all worked up and call people names over a chicken dinner.
Well, this is how I see it. Being a gold digger is the wrong way to be. It's not about the chicken dinner. It is about intentions. If the only reason a woman is dating you is for a free me, she likely has a gold digger's mentality and is only interested in using people. It is disturbing to me because I don't want to be used.

Old 06-22-2019, 12:25 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,510,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Why would you have to go out with him? If he offered to paint the room, he offered. When people do favors (well, not anymore because no one does) for me I would thank them with a small gift. You don't get to control someone's feelings with a task or favor.
Because he offered hoping to get a date out of it, or at least getting to know me better. Since he did not appeal to me, to take him up on the offer would have been using him. IMO, of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships