Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2019, 03:21 AM

25 posts, read 15,017 times

Advertisements

I’ve dated about 4 guys and they have all asked me for money even when just starting the relationship couple days weeks into the relationship they ask for money I don’t know maybe it’s me that attracts these types of men but they have jobs and that’s how met at work
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2019, 03:46 AM

2,556 posts, read 2,678,904 times
Maybe something about the way you talk or act makes you appear like you have a lot of money, and because you are attractive physically but have a timid personality, some of these people you meet might be more interested in your money rather than you. Maybe you should answer that you have nothing to give and use that as an opportunity to ask for a free dinner and see how they respond.

Old 09-11-2019, 04:05 AM

I don’t know what it is but I’m just scared to date not for a long time since it keeps happening and I obviously need to learn to say NO

Old 09-11-2019, 04:10 AM

7,588 posts, read 4,158,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgirkkk View Post
I don’t know what it is but I’m just scared to date not for a long time since it keeps happening and I obviously need to learn to say NO
Oh. You didn't say "no" the first time?

Old 09-11-2019, 04:11 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,946,475 times
Quote:
Flat out ask them why.

“Why do you want my money?”

“Do I look like an ATM?”

Old 09-11-2019, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
Oh. You didn't say "no" the first time?
I mean I wanted to be nice gf and show I care and am supportive but no I didn’t

Old 09-11-2019, 04:35 AM

7,588 posts, read 4,158,224 times
Quote:
Wanting to show you care and be nice is what they pick up on way before they even ask you for money. They are looking for motherly traits.

Old 09-11-2019, 05:22 AM

410 posts, read 343,113 times
Quote:
Why are you claiming girlfriend status when your post makes it sound like these were nothing more than casual first or second dates? Honestly, the fact that any of them asked you for $$ at all should throw up a huge, red flag. Do a better job of screening before you go out. Select those that are employed, preferably full-time. Nice + caring doesn't equal handing out money like you are a lending officer @ a bank. In short, they are using you.

Old 09-11-2019, 06:05 AM

1,153 posts, read 566,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoesJava View Post
Why are you claiming girlfriend status when your post makes it sound like these were nothing more than casual first or second dates? Honestly, the fact that any of them asked you for $$ at all should throw up a huge, red flag. Do a better job of screening before you go out. Select those that are employed, preferably full-time. Nice + caring doesn't equal handing out money like you are a lending officer @ a bank. In short, they are using you.
^ ^ ^

This

Old 09-11-2019, 06:14 AM

23,171 posts, read 26,184,870 times
Quote:
I’ve dated about 4 guys and they have all asked me for money even when just starting the relationship couple days weeks into the relationship they ask for money I don’t know maybe it’s me that attracts these types of men but they have jobs and that’s how met at work
All of them at work? Maybe the word gets around that you're a soft touch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships