Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2022, 12:16 PM

102,198 posts, read 107,842,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakie_heart View Post
Why do you think he made up a excuse and left the date early ?
I guess this makes more sense than what I was going to say. It could explain his "then, what's the point of this date?" comment. Apparently, he had expectations beyond a simple get-to-know-you date. I think you should be glad he removed himself from your presence. He was being creepy and inappropriate in a number of ways.

He asked you if you get a lot of compliments, because he has you on a pedestal. Now you know what that feels like. It's not comfortable.

Old 01-15-2022, 12:30 PM

29,512 posts, read 22,636,772 times
He realized his behavior wasn't going to get him to first base, so he awkwardly ended it (to your benefit).

Block his number, his social media profiles, you know the works.

Old 01-15-2022, 01:01 PM

3,055 posts, read 2,925,091 times
Quote:
So I finally went on a date with this guy, that’s been chasing me for 2years. We were actively talking for five months, everyday before we met . He would beg me to hang out but, I wasn’t really into him. Plus I saw some red flags, so I was skeptical about meeting him. Anyways I finally did because I felt bad, and I was staring to like him a little. So we agree to meet somewhere, we finally see each other and he hugs me. We start walking around this beautiful park, don’t worry I chose this date. We come to a bench and we sit down and talk. He opens the conversation by saying, “sorry I’m just checking you out “. I reply saying it’s okay. He told me to come closer, we start cuddling and talking about are day. For some reason I couldn’t look him in the eye? We head back to his car, he starts rubbing my thighs. I then start fixing my purse, as I look up he’s giving me this intense soul stare ? Then he rubs my face with his finger and tells me I’m pretty. He also looked at me and asked if I get a lot of compliments? Anyways I told him I was moving soon like across the state, he looked pretty upset, but he already knew this. He then stated then what’s the point of all of this ? This was a pretty awkward date for me ….. he kept asking why I was shy? I wasn’t shy at all, it was my first time meeting him so I wasn’t going to be all up under him, even though we were talking for a while. Then suddenly he ends the date early. Says he had to go help a friend, he kept asking was I upset that he was leaving ?? I said no, he drives me back to my car, again he’s rubbing my legs while he drives. Drops me off and I never hear from him again ??? Which is fine it was pretty awkward?

What do you guys think of all of this ?
You found out he's not a match for you. He seems kind of weird, expecting something else from you it would seem. Glad you're moving away; it sounds like it might be good for you to get away from him. Definitely some strange behavior he is exhibiting.

Quote:
Why do you think he made up a excuse and left the date early ?
The date wasn't turning out the way he wanted it to.

As for why he asked whether you got compliments, it seemed to me that that was just his weird way of trying to talk with you. Yeah, you were spot-on with the red flag hunch. Again, be glad you're moving.

Old 01-15-2022, 01:22 PM

9,412 posts, read 11,156,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This guy has an abnormal fixation on you. And he's got something a little wrong with his mental wiring. This is not normal or appropriate behavior. (Can you spell: B-O-U-N-D-A-R-Y I-S-S-U-E-S ?)

Be glad you're moving. As to his question re: what the point of the date was, since you're moving, you should have turned and asked him the same question. Why was he pressing for a date, knowing you're moving away? Why was he asking you that question?

I guess the moral of the story is: don't go out with guys who persistently beg and whimper and wheedle for a date, and don't go out with guys who show red flags before you've even gone out with them. Trust your instincts.
Yeah, this guy sounds like Creepy McCreepface. Good riddance. He's lucky you didn't clock him, first date, rubbing your thighs. Very inappropriate dood, very poor boundaries. Creepy.

Old 01-15-2022, 01:26 PM

11,001 posts, read 6,865,758 times
Just reading the initial post made me feel icky. I'd be really creeped out by that behavior. The guy needs to learn some communication skills, but it doesn't seem like he will.

Old 01-15-2022, 01:32 PM

4,088 posts, read 2,559,245 times
It sounds as though you dodged a bullet, O.P. (I felt icky just reading the opening post. Ew.)

Old 01-15-2022, 01:33 PM

11,001 posts, read 6,865,758 times
Actually, I felt fearful for you. Seemed like right out of a psycho movie.

Old 01-15-2022, 02:14 PM

40 posts, read 15,066 times
Quote:
I guess this makes more sense than what I was going to say. It could explain his "then, what's the point of this date?" comment. Apparently, he had expectations beyond a simple get-to-know-you date. I think you should be glad he removed himself from your presence. He was being creepy and inappropriate in a number of ways.

He asked you if you get a lot of compliments, because he has you on a pedestal. Now you know what that feels like. It's not comfortable.

I Never thought of the whole pedestal thing?

He also rubbed my face with his finger and said “your really pretty you should be more confident “.
I was like What I am confident?

Old 01-15-2022, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
Actually, I felt fearful for you. Seemed like right out of a psycho movie.
Yup and he kept asking like 6 times was I mad that he was leaving… I’m like nope

Old 01-15-2022, 02:18 PM

Quote:

He also was like, the first date doesn’t need to be long because it’s just are first meet. I was like that’s fine I mean if you were so uninterested or wanted to leave , why are you touching me and staring into my soul…
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships