Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2022, 02:29 PM

137 posts, read 82,408 times

Advertisements

That's a long shot form here, but if you're looking for theories:
my guess is that he was very interested in you and was kinda hoping that this would blow up very quickly, but it didn't, and then you mentioned you were leaving anyway.

If he seemed upset despite having known about it before hand, I'd say this suggests he was hoping that because of him, once you guys would've met, that would've changed your mind. Now he had spent this time with you in person and tried his best to show his interest but that didn't seem to change your mind at all, so he started trying to play some game like being independent and detached.

Because he's not actually independent or detached, and because he's not very good at faking it, he was basically constantly checking whether his tactics were working. Which, I suppose, analogously as counterproductive as constantly opening the oven's door to check if the cake is looking good...

Then he figured out it wasn't going to happen and moved on.

That being said, straight to persistent cuddling / tigh rubbing on the first date, despite you not responding or even looking at him?
I mean, is this... the usual drill? Guess I'm even more out of the loop than I thought about how forward I'm supposed to get with my dates.

Old 01-15-2022, 02:43 PM

6,882 posts, read 4,884,868 times
To answer your question, what happened was it was a strange first date.

What is even more strange is you went out with someone that had red flags.
You aren't interested in him but you are letting him touch you. What is more strange - you doing these things or him trying one on? Of the two of you he seems more normal.

Old 01-15-2022, 02:56 PM

40 posts, read 15,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
To answer your question, what happened was it was a strange first date.

What is even more strange is you went out with someone that had red flags.
You aren't interested in him but you are letting him touch you. What is more strange - you doing these things or him trying one on? Of the two of you he seems more normal.
That’s very rude. Um no all of this kinda caught me of guard

Old 01-15-2022, 04:34 PM

686 posts, read 301,284 times
You should not have met in a park where there are few people, I assume. When he started to cuddle you, you let him, maybe you were afraid? Now he thought you liked him and in the car he escalated and started to rub your leg and stroking your face with his fingers. He asked you if you get many compliments bc he saw you pretty. Yes, he thought he was going to get lucky, but then you said you were moving away anyway. Now he understood that it is not going his way and decided to end the date.

You give the impression that you were taken by surprise, even disappointed, that he ended the date, you have so many questions. Did you like him? It sounds yes.

Old 01-15-2022, 04:41 PM

48,544 posts, read 34,911,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Because he thought he was going to get lucky and he didn't.
That's what it sounds like to me.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-15-2022, 05:48 PM

631 posts, read 289,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamexe View Post
I mean, is this... the usual drill? Guess I'm even more out of the loop than I thought about how forward I'm supposed to get with my dates.
No, really, it's not, and you're not out of the loop. Don't take a lesson from the creep who rubs thighs on first dates. Confident and well-boundaried -- that's the ticket.

Old 01-15-2022, 05:56 PM

631 posts, read 289,868 times
It wasn't a strange first date, it was just a creepy first date. Been there; they happen all the time. Felt lucky to have dodged a bullet.

Guy was angling to get into your pants.

Reminds me of this one date I had a lifetime ago. Guy took me out to dinner. After I wouldn't let him into my apartment after the date, he sent me a little nasty note which read: "Do you think I paid for that dinner for nothing?" I offered to reimburse.

Old 01-15-2022, 05:58 PM

2,161 posts, read 1,155,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakie_heart View Post
So I finally went on a date with this guy, that’s been chasing me for 2years. We were actively talking for five months, everyday before we met .
How did you know him? Online or IRL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Because he thought he was going to get lucky and he didn't.
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
That's what it sounds like to me.
Yep again.

Old 01-15-2022, 06:13 PM

40 posts, read 15,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timaea View Post
It wasn't a strange first date, it was just a creepy first date. Been there; they happen all the time. Felt lucky to have dodged a bullet.

Guy was angling to get into your pants.

Reminds me of this one date I had a lifetime ago. Guy took me out to dinner. After I wouldn't let him into my apartment after the date, he sent me a little nasty note which read: "Do you think I paid for that dinner for nothing?" I offered to reimburse.
So he chased me for 2years when I finally give him the time of the day, and talk to him for 5months. While he begs me to go on a date, was just a plan for him , to get in my pants ?

Old 01-15-2022, 06:19 PM

137 posts, read 82,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakie_heart View Post
So he chased me for 2years when I finally give him the time of the day, and talk to him for 5months. While he begs me to go on a date, was just a plan for him , to get in my pants ?
He may very well have wanted more than that, but what seems pretty clear is that he was aching for your interactions to get physical in the very short term.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships