Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2022, 05:09 PM

6,975 posts, read 4,989,721 times

Advertisements

If he is really into watching sports he may have been wishing he was watching it with the guys. His main conversations may be about sports. He may not do anything except work and watch sports. Did he mention what he likes to do for recreation? Does he own a house, does he rent, does he live at home like the last one?

It's only been one date. It's too soon to tell if he's ghosting you. Not everyone texts a lot. He might also be dating others, there is nothing wrong with that.
As for him seemingly boring - maybe he is, or maybe you don't ask him the right questions. Also, are you an interesting person? What makes a person interesting?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2022, 05:10 PM

137 posts, read 83,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandi9 View Post
I messaged him. He answered right back. I suggested plans. He said he heard there might be funky weather. He says he'll let me know. That he made plans with a family member who he barely gets to see.
Well, tbh, funky weather and "I'll let you know" don't sound super promising.

Old 01-26-2022, 05:14 PM

639 posts, read 405,643 times
He's now asking me about my work week. So we'll see what happens. Thank you for all the responses. I know I'm not the most interesting. I try hard though. Hard to bounce off of "I'm good"

Old 01-26-2022, 05:15 PM

He said he meant to text me the other day but he has been so busy.

Old 01-26-2022, 05:21 PM

The conversation is weird. Like he asks how are you? What am I supposed to say to keep it interesting?

Old 01-26-2022, 05:30 PM

18,737 posts, read 33,514,465 times
Maybe he gambles on sports.

Old 01-26-2022, 05:48 PM

439 posts, read 426,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
Are you interested in him because you're interested in him, or are you interested in him because he's a warm male body.
This.

Old 01-26-2022, 05:51 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,426,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandi9 View Post
He says he works Monday through Thursday 14 hour days, so he's busy those days. It's now Wednesday and I haven't heard from him since I messaged him Monday.
I think it's ridiculous to expect someone will text you when he's working 14 hour days. Have you ever worked those kind of hours for 4 days? I have very recently. All I could do was sleep, eat and shower. I barely spoke to my husband except when we ate dinner or when I crawled into bed. I don't even have a commute.

Ignoring the not texting back, he doesn't seem particularly interested--going through the motions of what is expected and polite. It's pretty easy to say "I would never ghost someone," but the reality is that after a single date it's not that big of a deal to not reach out again.

You had a single date. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Next...

While I was responding you added an update. Funky weather and a family member he barely sees equals a lack of interest in my opinion. I was too busy to text you equals lack of interest.

Old 01-26-2022, 06:16 PM

368 posts, read 216,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
I think it's ridiculous to expect someone will text you when he's working 14 hour days. Have you ever worked those kind of hours for 4 days? I have very recently. All I could do was sleep, eat and shower. I barely spoke to my husband except when we ate dinner or when I crawled into bed. I don't even have a commute.

Ignoring the not texting back, he doesn't seem particularly interested--going through the motions of what is expected and polite. It's pretty easy to say "I would never ghost someone," but the reality is that after a single date it's not that big of a deal to not reach out again.

You had a single date. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Next...

While I was responding you added an update. Funky weather and a family member he barely sees equals a lack of interest in my opinion. I was too busy to text you equals lack of interest.
It really depends. Maybe he really has been busy with work, maybe the weather really is going to suck on the days in question (it's January after all) and maybe he does have plans with a cousin or whomever. Sure it could be a lie, but maybe not. All those things have been realities for me in the last month. Again, if ball is firmly back in his court (i.e. you proposed plans, and he has not yet counter-proposed) and he doesn't end up following up and proposing another date himself, then he doesn't have enough interest. That's an easy way to know without making assumptions based on very little/no evidence.

Old 01-26-2022, 06:25 PM

We had a nice little conversation. He said he thinks I'm intellectually smart and pretty. So I guess seems interested? The ball is 100% in his court. I'll know after this weekend if he wants to see me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships