Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 12:51 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,046,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Well, with that attitude, I don't think you'll have to worry about opening doors much.
burn! quick, tell me how I just need to get laid
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2008, 12:53 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,987,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefetio View Post
burn! quick, tell me how I just need to get laid
Haven't you been reading the Ultimate Turn-On thread? Do the dishes!!

Old 05-20-2008, 12:56 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,046,728 times
No, I haven't read the ultimate turn on thread, but I love doing dishes. Just don't ask me to fold laundry.

Old 05-20-2008, 01:11 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,387,447 times
Quote:
Actually, all the refined stuff is usually the dangerous types’ realm, so you're at least honest and harmless and I really shouldn't have jumped on ya. I overreacted because I am generally put off by the number of genderless men in this country.
I may be dangerous,harmless or honest or not,it depends how I feel,but I do know my gender,the sad state of reality and maybe in America more so than other places I dunno but being nice and honest is too often a trait that people use to exploit and take adavantage of so sadly some become jaded after learning the hard way.

Old 05-20-2008, 01:14 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,139,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I may be dangerous,harmless or honest or not,it depends how I feel,but I do know my gender,the sad state of reality and maybe in America more so than other places I dunno but being nice and honest is too often a trait that people use to exploit and take adavantage of so sadly some become jaded after learning the hard way.
You're right to some extend. I don't particularly like what I turned into, either.

Old 05-20-2008, 01:15 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,987,929 times
Quote:
You're right to some extend. I don't particularly like what I turned into, either.
Well I do like what you turned into, sierra. On here at least, I see a very bright, very funny and very thoughtful woman. I think the dudes who have trampled your heart ARE MORONS.

Don't lose heart...please. There is a nice guy out there right now losing heart too and wondering when someone like sierra will show up. That's not a platitude. It's a reality.

Old 05-20-2008, 01:23 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,139,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Well I do like what you turned into, sierra. On here at least, I see a very bright, very funny and very thoughtful woman. I think the dudes who have trampled your heart ARE MORONS.

Don't lose heart...please. There is a nice guy out there right now losing heart too and wondering when someone like sierra will show up. That's not a platitude. It's a reality.
That's sweet of you to say, JerZ. As you know, the online personas are only a little glimpse into everybody. This persona is pretty much my former persona, the one before entering the Matrix.

As far as guys, I've had more than my fair share of them, so I can retire with a sense of accomplishment.... No heart-losing here.

Old 05-20-2008, 01:32 PM

There are some things you can do to be nice to your other after you have known them for a while because the foundation has been there a while but being too nice at first is a death sentence for getting played.

She said she didn't even like the guy yet complains that he didn't hold a door?He probably picked on the fact he wasn't liked by how he was being treated and at least spared his dignity.

It'd hard to judge without hearing the guys opinion.

Sierra,Im not A-hole,but I was naive before,I have been burnt a couple times and I learned.Doesn't mean I hate women,I love them and know that a future one might be ok,so don't be bitter about a bad experience to where you see all guys as poison.

We are not perfect,but we guys are not always abusers and cheaters either.

Old 05-20-2008, 01:35 PM

2,438 posts, read 7,010,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefetio View Post
My first response was, you poor girl. Some guy that you already decided not to give the time of day wouldn't even walk you to your car.

Did you walk him to his car?

OK, OK, I get it, women want men to be different. Except, you know, the things that they want them to be the same at. What women really want is equality, except when it's time to pay the bill and make her feel "special".

I know it's frustrating when you are out there, trying to find a gentleman, and it's becoming harder and harder to find. If it's any consolation, it's damn near impossible to find a lady.

Finally, to answer your question, chivalry is not dead. It's just dead in the west, where gender roles have been abandoned, because traditions are oppressive.
I gotta say... this is right on... First off... a woman wants a chivalrous guy when she wants one.. otherwise.. its.. I am an equal person screw the dude. I have tried to act chivalrous to a lot of women who have basically.. told me to stop doing it because "I am a capable human being and dont treat me like a lesser person". You walk them to the car.. response "Oh you dont think I can walk to my own car?". I am a little embarrassed over that response and basically decided screw em all.. They can walk to the car and get dog slammed if they want. Basically speaking, in this time and day .. you dont know if a woman wants you to be chivalrous or not.. if you do your screwed, if you dont... your screwed.. So basically... OP.. due to other women of the world.. CHIVALRY is dying a quick death. You may want chivalry (when you want it otherwise they probably get the lecture too) but due to the constant barrage of women's equal rights and I am as equal as you.. the men of this world have said.. yeap your right.. go on and lift that 100 pd box with your bad self and be equal.. Dont expect me to walk anyone out to the car.. those days are dead and gone.. I for one am tired of being chastised by the women of the world for trying to be nice.

Old 05-20-2008, 01:39 PM

I'll walk you to the car so I can lay a kiss on you that will make you wish you weren't driving home.............

But a date where she is being a *****,annoying and basically a date where it is obvious that there is no connection,well you walk to the car alone many other times so...........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships