Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 01:51 PM

13,619 posts, read 21,430,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Hey, if that's the store you get your blow-up dolls from, why not...; everybody's got priorities.
BTW ...lol

I have rented videos and checked out magazines at adult stores before but honestly I have never used a blowup doll...lol or used the 1-900 DUCK numbers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2008, 04:30 PM

1,244 posts, read 3,230,006 times
I don't think it is dead, however, I do believe it is not as alive as it used to. In part I do blame the women libbers for this, not so much for seeking equality where it needs to be sought, such as equal pay for equal work etc., but for how much to an extreme it can and has been taken by some. I mean just reading some of the comments left here as well as those that I have heard of also, some women have taken it to an extreme of being flat out insulted if a man were to open a door for them, carry a bag, pick up the check. It's not the man that is seeing them in an inferior manner in these cases 9 times out of 10, it is the woman herself bringing that meaning into it.

Personally, I like it when a man opens a door for me, pulls out a chair, offers to carry something for me. I don't see it as he is trying to say that he is somewhat better or more important than I am. I do see it as he has manners and knows how to carry himself in the presence of a woman.

Another cause of this is "dying" is that kids are not often taught this anymore. I have a 19 year old son and he has been taught to open doors, pull out chairs and that yes, when going out with a girl it should be the guy that pays at least most of the time especially if he initiated the date. I also have a 15 year old daughter and she has been taught as to how she should be treated. Nonetheless, they are rather rare in this teenage generation.

For my son, he's been burned a lot. Somehow it seems girls don't know what to do when they find themselves with a guy that is not a player and can actually be a gentleman, that can respect them and treat them well. Seems they are more into the bad boys that treat them like dirt. For my daughter, she was just invited to Prom by a friend of her's and my son's who is a senior, she was telling me she felt bad that he spent so much money on her with the ticket and the corsage and stuff. She felt maybe she should be paying some of it. I told her "honey, he asked you and he is doing the right thing footing the bill for it, just be sure and thank him".

Luckily, my fiance is very much a gentleman. No he doesn't open the door for me each and every time but he does do it a lot and when we go out to eat, yes he pulls the chair out for me and no he has not expected me to cover the expenses of our dates. I don't see it as he see's me less than his equal. In fact we see each other as partners in this relationship. I am also very grateful for the way that he is and do thank him often. Part of the reason that I love him so much is exactly the fact that he is the way he is.

Not all women get offended by a man doing acts that show he is a gentleman and well mannered.

Old 05-20-2008, 04:37 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,274,203 times
Very good post, mari4him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mari4him View Post
I mean just reading some of the comments left here as well as those that I have heard of also, some women have taken it to an extreme of being flat out insulted if a man were to open a door for them, carry a bag, pick up the check. It's not the man that is seeing them in an inferior manner in these cases 9 times out of 10, it is the woman herself bringing that meaning into it.
You're correct. We have many sisters to thank for that mostly. Even though I'm not thrilled, I do get the guys' point.

Old 05-20-2008, 04:57 PM

1,044 posts, read 1,956,899 times
It's pretty sad if you ask me. The guys don't act like gentlemen because the women aren't acting like ladies. They see the A-hole guys getting all the dates and women talking and dressing like they have no respect for themselves, how are you supposed to treat them in that case. I do feel bad for a lot of the guys, and as for the girls, if you are carrying yourself like a lady then he should be treating you like one, opening doors, etc. and if he's not, then don't stand for it. There are decent guys out there, you just have to keep your eyes and mind open.

Old 05-20-2008, 05:07 PM

320 posts, read 955,524 times
my fiance' has been nothing but a gentlemen towards me and other people. It's part of who he is. But trust me, there are still some out there....they are just rare. Ladies are rare to find as well...so it really does go both ways. Good luck! I could not have asked for a better man

Old 05-20-2008, 05:09 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,080,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
BTW ...lol

I have rented videos and checked out magazines at adult stores before but honestly I have never used a blowup doll...lol or used the 1-900 DUCK numbers.
I want a blowup dude. Except, you know. I'd really blow him up.

Old 05-20-2008, 05:14 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,274,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I want a blowup dude. Except, you know. I'd really blow him up.
I saw one once in a store window. Was skinny, with a mustache... totally disgusting. What would you do with this thing anyway...?! He looked like a cheapie, though. Perhaps there are more sophisticated models…

Old 05-20-2008, 05:31 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,080,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I saw one once in a store window. Was skinny, with a mustache... totally disgusting. What would you do with this thing anyway...?! He looked like a cheapie, though. Perhaps there are more sophisticated models…
Apparently, there are.

Isn't he awesome? He even comes pre-chained, so you don't have to marry him or anything.

Old 05-20-2008, 06:02 PM

4,189 posts, read 3,485,886 times
Some guys do this. I get dropped off at work and my boyfriend walks around and opens my door. I don't mind and sometimes I go ahead and open it myself. But its been so long I just sit there and wait for him to open it. When he picks me up he opens my door to let me in. It does exist.

Old 05-20-2008, 06:07 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,650,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Apparently, there are.

Isn't he awesome? He even comes pre-chained, so you don't have to marry him or anything.
RealDolls have been the rage ever since Howard Stern mentioned them on his old radio show years ago.

Definitely a niche market, but judging from the prices a lucrative one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships