Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2022, 05:38 PM

6,639 posts, read 4,612,514 times

Advertisements

would yoo rather emoticons; or, her laughing with yoo in real-life ?

are yoo living with this girlfriend; if not, why stress over something likely not to last forever ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2022, 07:07 PM

102,386 posts, read 108,714,406 times
OP, just going by what little info you've posted, I'd say, that she laughed at your jokes before you two became an item, but then stopped, and started laughing at another guy's jokes, because to her, it's the thrill of the chase. Once she'd landed you, the thrill was over, so she went after a fresh challenge.

There are guys who do this too. Probably time to move on.

Old 03-13-2022, 07:10 PM

20,741 posts, read 19,448,487 times
One of the easiest ways to find out if a girl likes you is if she laughs at your jokes. Its one reason to actually have a sense of humor. It was not fool proof. The smart chick types would come out of the wood work if I used a big word.

But no its not really a good sign if she is laughing at another man's jokes and not yours. its even more telling if what he says is not even witty or amusing. Are you able to assess this?

Old 03-13-2022, 10:18 PM

6 posts, read 3,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
would yoo rather emoticons; or, her laughing with yoo in real-life ?

are yoo living with this girlfriend; if not, why stress over something likely not to last forever ?
I don't think it would bother me but there has been talk of a future. Yes, we laugh irl together but why would she be so purposeful to ignore something I send and respond almost immediately after the other guy posts something, just a few minutes after what I sent. I don't want to over analyze but also don't want to ignore red flags

Old 03-13-2022, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OP, just going by what little info you've posted, I'd say, that she laughed at your jokes before you two became an item, but then stopped, and started laughing at another guy's jokes, because to her, it's the thrill of the chase. Once she'd landed you, the thrill was over, so she went after a fresh challenge.

There are guys who do this too. Probably time to move on.
Thanks.

Old 03-13-2022, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
One of the easiest ways to find out if a girl likes you is if she laughs at your jokes. Its one reason to actually have a sense of humor. It was not fool proof. The smart chick types would come out of the wood work if I used a big word.

But no its not really a good sign if she is laughing at another man's jokes and not yours. its even more telling if what he says is not even witty or amusing. Are you able to assess this?
Some of what he posts is funny, so it's not that I'm expecting her not to react at all. It's more about other people reacting to things I send but she doesn't, but Bob can post something just a few minutes later and she'll react. I just need advice because I'm really putting a lot into this, planning little surprises, interesting dates etc and I'm starting to wonder whether I'm over committing to something that doesn't have the legs to actually last

Old 03-13-2022, 11:03 PM

29,554 posts, read 22,904,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayveeman View Post
Some of what he posts is funny, so it's not that I'm expecting her not to react at all. It's more about other people reacting to things I send but she doesn't, but Bob can post something just a few minutes later and she'll react. I just need advice because I'm really putting a lot into this, planning little surprises, interesting dates etc and I'm starting to wonder whether I'm over committing to something that doesn't have the legs to actually last
I do believe you are over committing to something that may no longer be there.

She thought nothing of dropping Bob's name into an important topic that should have been just about you two. And then she faults you for taking it the wrong way (how else is someone else supposed to take such disrespect?). I wouldn't be surprised if there's other things you haven't mentioned.

The bad part is that you two work together and that could lead to some potentially sticky situations.

Most importantly though, is would you be able to end this and move on (if that is what you are leaning towards)? Many people who ask for advice on this forum seem unable to cut ties and continue in the unhealthy relationship.

Old 03-14-2022, 06:55 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,372,093 times
Yeah, knowing she finds another man in your social/work circle (real and near by) especially attractive can feel uncomfortable. If that were as far as it went, you could talk it over telling her you were uncomfortable with such comments and asking her to refrain from sharing her enthusiasm for Bob in your presence.

Her bringing this person into a fairly intimate conversation about what your children might look like seems beyond that, though. We all have private thoughts and feelings that others could find disturbing, which is why there best kept private. At the very least you two may have very different ideas regarding what to share and what to keep private.

Old 03-14-2022, 09:30 AM

8,227 posts, read 8,453,272 times
Start laughing at others’ posts and not hers and see what happens.

Old 03-14-2022, 09:42 AM

439 posts, read 426,592 times
Interesting.

There have been a few posts where women have been the ones concerned that the boyfriend no longer reacted to their FB/whatever posts but did before they started dating, and also "liked" and reacted to other girl but just not hers. One was mine that I posted about a friend.

The answers were more skewed to her being over reactive and reading too much into social media. Yet here we see that when a woman stops responding on an electronic means like a chat or social media to her man, it means she is looking for someone else.

Why the extreme different view?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships