Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2022, 03:15 PM

215 posts, read 127,241 times

Advertisements

Iknow it's hard, but yes, I also believe she is crushing on Bob so much so she could barely conceal it when she mentioned 'perfect like Bob'. There is no way take that other than to think she thinks Bob is her physical ideal and she is thinking about him a lot.

I would not like that she said that because of what it suggests.

I would not like that she tried to blow it off as your problem.

I would not like that she constantly liking his posts especially while yours go unnoticed.

I know you don't want to give her space out of fear you will lose her, but holding on so tightly to her when she is clearly not holding on to you, will not make her stay.

I think the best thing you could do is to suddenly give her space... be genuinely busy...find others to enjoy hanging out..regain your self-respect and boundaries and let her alone to figure it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2022, 03:21 PM

2,867 posts, read 1,539,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayveeman View Post
My GF and I work at the same company and we are both on an informal joke group chat with about 18 other people. Almost every time this other guy (let's call him Bob) posts something there my GF responds with some variation of a laughing emoji or a comment. When I post anything, she hardly ever responds. I know this sounds silly, believe me, but there's more to it. Before we started seeing each other, she would react to almost everything I posted but now that's changed. I'm trying to go through possible reasons for this. I don't think I would be thinking too much about it if it wasn't for the last thing ... About a month or two ago, we were taking a walk and chatting and the topic of kids came up. I have dark hair and she has blue eyes, so she said "our child will be perfect, with dark hair and blue eyes, like Bob". She told me she didn't mean it the way I took it up but in my mind perfect = dark hair and blue eyes = Bob. So in isolation, each of these things doesn't sound bad, but I just don't want to ignore signs I should have paid attention to and then deal with crap later down the line. Opinions? Advice?
The whole thing is unprofessional and a waste of company time and resources. Sounds like 20 people where you work need to grow up a bit.

In other words, yes, you are being ridiculous.

Old 03-14-2022, 08:35 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,441,486 times
You two need to sit down and have a serious conversation about all of this. Tell her how you feel and why it makes you doubt her affection.

Usually this clears the air. Occasionally you might break up. However, difficult problems crop up all the time in marriage, so you need to get some practice talking it out. Don’t freak out if it gets a little heated. Be kind and fair.

Old 03-15-2022, 03:36 AM

6 posts, read 3,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apolona1721 View Post
Iknow it's hard, but yes, I also believe she is crushing on Bob so much so she could barely conceal it when she mentioned 'perfect like Bob'. There is no way take that other than to think she thinks Bob is her physical ideal and she is thinking about him a lot.

I would not like that she said that because of what it suggests.

I would not like that she tried to blow it off as your problem.

I would not like that she constantly liking his posts especially while yours go unnoticed.

I know you don't want to give her space out of fear you will lose her, but holding on so tightly to her when she is clearly not holding on to you, will not make her stay.

I think the best thing you could do is to suddenly give her space... be genuinely busy...find others to enjoy hanging out..regain your self-respect and boundaries and let her alone to figure it out.
thank you, I think you've given some sound advice. Appreciate it

Old 03-15-2022, 09:46 AM

2,071 posts, read 1,039,331 times
Quote:
My GF and I work at the same company and we are both on an informal joke group chat with about 18 other people. Almost every time this other guy (let's call him Bob) posts something there my GF responds with some variation of a laughing emoji or a comment. When I post anything, she hardly ever responds. I know this sounds silly, believe me, but there's more to it. Before we started seeing each other, she would react to almost everything I posted but now that's changed. I'm trying to go through possible reasons for this. I don't think I would be thinking too much about it if it wasn't for the last thing ... About a month or two ago, we were taking a walk and chatting and the topic of kids came up. I have dark hair and she has blue eyes, so she said "our child will be perfect, with dark hair and blue eyes, like Bob". She told me she didn't mean it the way I took it up but in my mind perfect = dark hair and blue eyes = Bob. So in isolation, each of these things doesn't sound bad, but I just don't want to ignore signs I should have paid attention to and then deal with crap later down the line. Opinions? Advice?
If nothing else, this girl is rude and insensitive. Move on and let Mr. Brown Eyes see for himself.

Old 03-15-2022, 11:44 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,296,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
No, you are right to acknowledge that something is not right.

As I always say we humans have evolved over millions of years to develop an internal guidance system that alerts us whenever we feel something just feels very off. Trust it.

That she has the hots for "Bob" couldn't be more obvious here. No doubt some will say you are overthinking it, etc. etc., but if you listen to this kind of advice and do nothing, all it does is prolong the inevitable.

The way I look at it, talking to her about it (as some will advise as well) no longer serves any purpose seeing that you already seemed to have discussed this with her, and she knows very well this situation is making you feel uncomfortable.

If that happened to me I'd slowly distance myself from that person.

Think of it this way. Would YOU have ever said to her, a variation of what she told you? Would you have ever told her, "our child will be perfect, with blonde hair and green eyes like (fill in name of a female)? Of course not, you would never have said such a loaded thing to her. So why should she get a pass here?
Different take here:

Maybe (probably) she finds Bob attractive, but that does not equate to "the hots".

Maybe she toned down on giving smilies to the OP to remain low-key at work. Maybe she just sees that as a form of (virtual) PDA?

Who really knows. The best (only) thing for grown adults to do is to talk about it, stay away from acusations, and just get curious, ask questions, and let her know how you FEEL. Two adults can have this conversation, and it will eventually reveal the truth.

Old 03-15-2022, 09:06 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,783,765 times
Seems like she is deliberately trying to make you insecure or jealous.

Old 03-20-2022, 09:19 AM

41 posts, read 18,448 times
Quote:
I think she likes Bob more than you.

Try to pay more attention to the other girl in the group chat. If your GF doesn't react to this, it means she doesn't care about you.

Old 03-20-2022, 10:53 AM

215 posts, read 127,241 times
Quote:
thank you, I think you've given some sound advice. Appreciate it

You're welcome --- I sincerely hope everything works out well for you,

Old 03-20-2022, 11:16 AM

3,524 posts, read 3,729,770 times
Avoid paranoia, always, but be on the lookout if another man (if he is attractive to her) is making her laugh and you're not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships