Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would You START Dating Someone You Knew Was Bisexual?
Yes - It's Not an Issue - Live and Let Live 20 23.53%
Maybe - If They Didn't Cheat on Our Relationship 15 17.65%
No - Extra-Relationship Affairs Would Be a Concern 50 58.82%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2022, 03:39 PM

50,333 posts, read 63,906,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
If he's truly sexually attracted to women he's not gay.

I'm not sure why the reason can't just be that that a person wants a partner with the same sexuality - hetero or homosexual. Bisexuals can date each other.

I don't appreciate being lied to, and have been by people pretending to be straight. Not boyfriends, but girl friends who weren't kidding with their "lesbian" jokes. More like they were testing the waters. Straight girls can see each other naked or be touchy and affectionate without it being weird. Both these women got married to men, and one has had many male partners and is still looking for Mr. Right, but also likes women so they are bi.
I’ve met several gay male couples in their 60s and 70s. All were married to women and had a bunch of kids before it was accepted to be gay. I’m very sorry for their wives, who probably could have been happier without husbands who were living a lie, and who divorced them after the kids were out of the nest.

They can only fake it for so long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2022, 03:53 PM

4,621 posts, read 2,218,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerlingHitchcockJPeele View Post
I didn’t use the words “bottom” or “top” or “ancient Rome” because I was referring to male bisexuality in general, not the mechanics therein. Women generally don’t like it, and for many of the reasons (along with some of Sonic’s) that I said.

Men, on the other hand, tend to be much less bothered by it. Many even fantasy about it or the possibility of them joining in. That’s why if you ask men about being with bi-women, most won’t say “nope!” “Eww” or “no way”. Men and Women see it differently is all I’m saying.
It's been my experience that men are much more open sexually.

Old 09-01-2022, 05:12 PM

19,603 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I’ve met several gay male couples in their 60s and 70s. All were married to women and had a bunch of kids before it was accepted to be gay. I’m very sorry for their wives, who probably could have been happier without husbands who were living a lie, and who divorced them after the kids were out of the nest.

They can only fake it for so long.
That was then, now there's no excuse for lying about sexuality. There's something for everyone and that is celebrated. There are about a hundred different sexualities recognized. There will always be some people who are unaccepting, but it is much easier to make it out in the world being honest than in past generations.

Old 09-01-2022, 05:43 PM

50,333 posts, read 63,906,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
That was then, now there's no excuse for lying about sexuality. There's something for everyone and that is celebrated. There are about a hundred different sexualities recognized. There will always be some people who are unaccepting, but it is much easier to make it out in the world being honest than in past generations.
I get that. I still would not touch a man who was bi. I think that women are a different story.

Old 09-04-2022, 02:47 PM

422 posts, read 159,431 times
I can't see why not. I'm baffled as to why this is considered an issue. Why would being bi make someone more likely to have an affair? What a bizarre stereotype.

Old 09-04-2022, 04:13 PM

4,621 posts, read 2,218,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodwindsRock View Post
I can't see why not. I'm baffled as to why this is considered an issue. Why would being bi make someone more likely to have an affair? What a bizarre stereotype.
I think we have everything is an excuse people come up with to justify some insecurities. If you're with a man in your own in the rain is also attracted to other men you could see why someone would be insecure about that.

Listen to much bigger deal for men than it is for women. I haven't seen too many complaints from lesbians about getting bisexual women and haven't seen much from men dating bisexual women.

Old 09-04-2022, 04:56 PM

4,021 posts, read 3,301,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRoadkill View Post
I am watching the Michael Peterson documentary on Netflix and was wondering would you start dating someone you knew was actively bisexual?
Thinking about this answer some more, yes I have dated women in the past who were bisexual (or maybe a lesbian) but they were in the closet to me at the time I was interested in them. But I have never intentionally sought out to date a woman who I knew was bisexual at the time I asked her out either.

I think the big reason I wouldn't intentionally date some woman that I knew was bisexual is that it seems to be adding more drama to my life without any benefit to me for doing so. I am not someone really looking for a threesome. So there is no real benefit to me from dating some woman who is bisexual. I would just take a pass. There are plenty of women who aren't bisexaul to date.

Old 09-05-2022, 11:14 PM

860 posts, read 1,109,414 times
I prefer to date only straight men.

Old 09-06-2022, 04:27 AM

41 posts, read 21,619 times
I don't mind dating people who are bisexual. I've actually dated quite a few women who were bisexual, and that can add variety and spice to your private life.

Old 09-06-2022, 08:51 AM

52 posts, read 40,099 times
Quote:
Gay men would probably be the best source here but I suspect that there are probably as many men who are bi or homoflexible as women, but just in the closet about it. But given how frequent women are not fully straight, I suspect there are a lot of women who have boyfriends/husbands who are open to men as well.
Yup. Most bisexual men end up in straight relationships because it's the easy, "default" setting and they don't have to give up their social status in the reproductive pecking order. Coming out as bi still carries a huge social risk and changes the way many people perceive you (just read some of the responses in this thread). Screwing around with other men here and there behind closed doors is okay, but being openly, romantically involved with them changes the whole game and is a huge no-no.

It's a very outdated, homophobic concept of masculinity that some women are just as guilty of perpetuating as the men they like to blame. I hope I live to see the day where men liberate themselves from these ridiculous gender roles and are allowed to be their full, authentic selves, but I'm not holding my breath.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships