Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2022, 03:55 PM

5,124 posts, read 2,185,377 times

Advertisements

When I did the majority of my dating in the 90s, we rarely talked about politics. If it did come up it was like “oh are you a Republican or a Democratic? Oh Democrat? That’s cool.” And that’s as far as it went. Never in a million years would you disqualify a person for their political association.

These days? Oh boy! I blame mainstream media for dividing us into two camps. But alas it exists now. Just one more hurdle for people to overcome. Frankly it sucks!

Old 08-25-2022, 03:55 PM

1,655 posts, read 783,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink57 View Post
Ohfercryinoutloud. This thread isn't about being "in love." It's about dating. PERIOD.
If you are talking dating…relationships, love, marriage, sex — that’s all likely to come up. The drive behind dating is finding love for most people.

Old 08-25-2022, 04:10 PM

1,483 posts, read 691,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanG30 View Post
Hi guys, I have been doing a lot of reading on the subject of dating and I am very interested to know other people's opinions on this.
What would you say is the most difficult part of meeting someone new or finding a partner in the modern age?
As I do not approach and/or initiate any more - quit doing that decades ago - there isn't anything 'difficult' in that regard from my perspective as I prefer people to approach me.

What *is* 'difficult' is that almost everyone who 'approaches' me does not want what I want. I seem to attract religious types more often than not and frankly it baffles me as I do not have a religious cell in my body. Telling them that I am 'gyne' usually shuts them down.

Then there are those who are my total opposite looks-wise and the jokers who want me as their 'fetish'. Yuck.

I am fortunate though to now be with someone who is 'on my page' when it comes to what I want. We want the same things and it couldn't be better.

Old 08-25-2022, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
When I did the majority of my dating in the 90s, we rarely talked about politics. If it did come up it was like “oh are you a Republican or a Democratic? Oh Democrat? That’s cool.” And that’s as far as it went. Never in a million years would you disqualify a person for their political association.

These days? Oh boy! I blame mainstream media for dividing us into two camps. But alas it exists now. Just one more hurdle for people to overcome. Frankly it sucks!
I like some of the ones that say swipe the way you voted or something like that.

Old 08-25-2022, 04:33 PM

4,644 posts, read 1,818,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAmericaGo View Post
If you are talking dating…relationships, love, marriage, sex — that’s all likely to come up. The drive behind dating is finding love for most people.
Really? Then why do so many women complain about how the guy they went on a date with just wanted sex?

The "drive" behind dating isn't limited to finding love. Quite often, it's about sex.

Don't kid yourself or try to kid others.

Old 08-25-2022, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Really? Then why do so many women complain about how the guy they went on a date with just wanted sex?

The "drive" behind dating isn't limited to finding love. Quite often, it's about sex.

I never said sex wasn’t part of it…it is. But even those that just want sex will often seek out love at some point or stumble upon it by chance. Kinda the way it’s set up now…guys will cast a large net and have sex for fun until they can meet someone they think they have the potential to love. If a guy has sex with you on the first or second meeting…all the words he said were just game most likely.

Old 08-25-2022, 05:08 PM

886 posts, read 481,324 times
lt was about that person and hopefully love for me. l must be a bit if a freak in those ways though going on all the complaints you hear from women about all the men just wanting some fun and then they're of.
l need the whole package myself so that's never interested me personally.

Old 08-25-2022, 08:05 PM

4,621 posts, read 2,256,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanG30 View Post
Hi guys, I have been doing a lot of reading on the subject of dating and I am very interested to know other people's opinions on this.
What would you say is the most difficult part of meeting someone new or finding a partner in the modern age?
Same thing in any other age. Finding someone that cares enough about you to make you a priority in their life. And that you care enough about to make a priority in your life.

Dating is miserable it's a way to find all of the things you will not tolerate

Old 08-25-2022, 08:42 PM

5,520 posts, read 9,534,757 times
Quote:

This can also go both ways. Maybe the women who complain that guys are only interested in sex are overlooking the guys who are interested in more than just sex?

Old 08-25-2022, 09:07 PM

4,621 posts, read 2,256,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR_C View Post
This can also go both ways. Maybe the women who complain that guys are only interested in sex are overlooking the guys who are interested in more than just sex?
Seems a lot of struggle people have is dating someone for status. Using people for selfish ends and in turn they get used for the same.

Looking for love in all of the wrong places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships