Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2022, 02:29 PM

1,483 posts, read 689,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAmericaGo View Post
Exactly. I for one am a man that wants much more than sex…real cuddling, laughing, tell me about your days, singing to country songs in the car, random kisses, dreaming together, vacations, etc, etc. And yes, starring in her eyes while I tell her every single thing I’m gonna do to her before or while I do it.

Unfortunately this usually leads to me projecting those thoughts and feelings onto women I probably know I don’t want long term….leads to me describing everything I want emotionally and physically in great detail to the point where I know things will get physical on the first date. And when I can’t control myself and they do…I feel like a dirty hooker that let his biological urges take over his rational thoughts.
All of that is what *you* want. But what about what SHE wants???

Old 08-25-2022, 02:36 PM

1,655 posts, read 781,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euskalherria View Post
All of that is what *you* want. But what about what SHE wants???
They want it too when the conversation goes there…they start telling me what they like and want and I can’t help but push it farther and farther until we’ve basically hooked up already and went on vacation through just texting.

Old 08-25-2022, 02:41 PM

Quote:
They want it too when the conversation goes there…they start telling me what they like and want and I can’t help but push it farther and farther until we’ve basically hooked up already and went on vacation through just texting.
Not at all what I am talking about.

Hint: it's not about sex.

Old 08-25-2022, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Not at all what I am talking about.

Hint: it's not about sex.
I’m not talking about just sex either. Sometimes it gets pushed to we want to be together, love each other and a few times even make a baby.

Old 08-25-2022, 02:56 PM

Quote:
I’m not talking about just sex either. Sometimes it gets pushed to we want to be together, love each other and a few times even make a baby.
Still not what I am talking about.

Oh well...

Old 08-25-2022, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Still not what I am talking about.

Oh well...
Well I never was the sharpest tool in the shed, but I get by.

Old 08-25-2022, 03:17 PM

1,713 posts, read 1,112,225 times
Quote:
Exactly. I for one am a man that wants much more than sex…real cuddling, laughing, tell me about your days, singing to country songs in the car, random kisses, dreaming together, vacations, etc, etc.
Big YIKES! to all of that, in particular the country songs. I can't imagine ever being close enough to anyone, physically or emotionally, where I'd feel comfortable doing any of those things. That, let alone sex, would require a total 180 of my mindset and a huge leap into the unknown even to contemplate.

Fortunately, as popular as that stuff might be, it's not compulsory. I can hide behind my wheelchair as an excuse not to take part in any of it, shrug my shoulders and get on with what I want to do. Until somebody gets in my face about choosing to be a lone wolf or the media shoves their limited and limiting concept of normal down my throat. Then I get a bit cross.

I'm also a little bewildered by all the hand wringing and doomsday prophesying about societal breakdown because the rules of the game, whatever they are, have changed. It seems to me that if people want to play, they could do worse than adapt and evolve. If not, they can always opt out and save themselves a lot of effort. It works for me.

Old 08-25-2022, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scribbles76 View Post
Big YIKES! to all of that, in particular the country songs. I can't imagine ever being close enough to anyone, physically or emotionally, where I'd feel comfortable doing any of those things. That, let alone sex, would require a total 180 of my mindset and a huge leap into the unknown even to contemplate.

Fortunately, as popular as that stuff might be, it's not compulsory. I can hide behind my wheelchair as an excuse not to take part in any of it, shrug my shoulders and get on with what I want to do. Until somebody gets in my face about choosing to be a lone wolf or the media shoves their limited and limiting concept of normal down my throat. Then I get a bit cross.

I'm also a little bewildered by all the hand wringing and doomsday prophesying about societal breakdown because the rules of the game, whatever they are, have changed. It seems to me that if people want to play, they could do worse than adapt and evolve. If not, they can always opt out and save themselves a lot of effort. It works for me.
I’ve been there where I couldn’t imagine myself being that person. The thing is — the things I describe are great when you’re in love…when you aren’t in love experiencing then someone just leaves you thirsty and frustrated. That question “better to have love and lost than never loved at all” or whatever it is…I can’t say I can give a definite answer to it.

Old 08-25-2022, 03:45 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,578,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanG30 View Post
Hi guys, I have been doing a lot of reading on the subject of dating and I am very interested to know other people's opinions on this.
What would you say is the most difficult part of meeting someone new or finding a partner in the modern age?
I'm not sure the "day and age" is a factor, unless you are talking about individual's level of social interaction. I am, so far, distant from dating, but I suppose if hubby found another partner I would probably go about it the way I did before: go out into the world at large, strike up conversations with people that interest me, and if they REALLY interest me I would invite them for coffee, an event, whatever. Entering into even a casual relationship takes a level of openness to being approached or approaching another, and paying attention once you've initiated an exchange. One must be authentic, interested, and friendly. That's true for any time in life.

Old 08-25-2022, 03:47 PM

4,642 posts, read 1,809,648 times
Quote:
I’ve been there where I couldn’t imagine myself being that person. The thing is — the things I describe are great when you’re in love…when you aren’t in love experiencing then someone just leaves you thirsty and frustrated. That question “better to have love and lost than never loved at all” or whatever it is…I can’t say I can give a definite answer to it.
Ohfercryinoutloud. This thread isn't about being "in love." It's about dating. PERIOD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships