Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2023, 09:45 AM

522 posts, read 343,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
You wouldn't just be dating a woman you'd be dating a family. If you had kids of your own that might work out but it sounds like you're not a dad so that would be a huge lifestyle change. If you're determined to give it a go maybe hang out with them as a friend a few times and see how you like it. Put yourself in a position where you can disengage easily if it's not for you.
Yeah it would be a huge lifestyle change especially if you're talking about potentially living under the same roof. I think honestly I would put off any cohabitating until she is an empty nester, which could take some time. I'm okay with a long term relationship where we have separate residences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2023, 09:46 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,102,386 times
Just from the posts you've made in this thread ... the answer is clearly no.

Old 05-14-2023, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
You also need to find out if there is any drama with the Dad. That can be more problems than the kids.
Good point! That's another delicate subject where I would need to phrase it in a way that doesn't come across as rude.

Old 05-14-2023, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Dating someone's mother is a thing. Falling in love with someone's mother?......... That's a whole 'nother deal.
Given that most women date with the goal of falling in love or establishing a long term relationship, that makes it even more important not to waste anyone's time.

Old 05-14-2023, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
Hahahaha! You can date all sorts of people. It could be an interesting experience for you.
The woman I dated actually was working a low wage job with three kids. Living in a rough area.

I used to go pick her up and take her on dates.

I'd take her places she'd never even been, in her own city.

I come from a different background, so it was a very interesting experience for me.

She's doing really well right now. Got her nursing degree. RN, bought a house. Oldest is a very fine young lady.

Glad I met her. I have some really funny stories.

Old 05-14-2023, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Do you want kids or not?
It's never really been a goal. It's more like "if I meet the right person then I might be open to it" but that never happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
If you don't care, then there's no such thing as a waste of time. If you start dating now, and have 5 years of fun, and break up in 5 years, what did she cost you? What did you cost her?
Depends if we're married or not.

I don't really have a desire to get married. Although I wouldn't completely rule it out with the right person. I know women that have remarried that are completely happy with their second husbands and vice versa.

Old 05-14-2023, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
No, I don't think so.
If you were the type of man who could handle 4 kids, you would not have to ask
Either that ... or they type of person who doesn't give an F...

Old 05-14-2023, 10:01 AM

6,421 posts, read 7,672,937 times
I had a neighbor with an adult daughter who laughingly told me that she broke up all of his relationships because she didn't want to lose her inheritance. I hope any woman he tried to date saw who is in control.
So much depends on the kids and each adult's expectations. I was friends with a widow and fond of his then ten year old daughter but just couldn't connect the way I should have with him. I still miss her after all these years and hope she is doing well. They were both wonderful but if the feelings aren't there it is best not to leave someone in worse condition than when you found them.

Old 05-14-2023, 11:42 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm4256 View Post
Good point! That's another delicate subject where I would need to phrase it in a way that doesn't come across as rude.
You won't even have to ask, it will come up in conversations and cancelled plans.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-14-2023, 12:02 PM

717 posts, read 558,303 times
Run!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships