Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 01:37 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times

Advertisements

What do you mean "learn the hard way"......if she gets dumped, ignored, or treated like dirt then that is what I call being learned the hard way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
Arts guy....I think cave dude is saying that some ppl just simply have to learn the hard way....be it that they are hard headed, ignorat whatever.....some ppl just have to learn hands on.

Cave dude.....I see what arts guy is saying too.......learn by others mistakes..... That would be utopian but its' not always how it works out

kiss n' make nice boys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2008, 02:14 PM

1,882 posts, read 4,617,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Cave Man,

You are saying this person is beyond learning? That she cannot learn? Is that your point? Be direct.
Nobody is beyond learning, but she is learning what I consider a bad "habit". She has learned that she can "have her cake and eat it to", or to be more direct, she can bang larry and still have steve on the off days. Steve hasn't "punished" her for wrong behavior.

This isn't direct, but your smart enough to get the point. Your dog jumps up on you, and you do nothing about it. You get scratched and so does company when they come by because the dog thinks it is ok to jump up on you.
What you should do is everytime he jumps up on you, which is bad, you push him down and say "NO, BAD DOG!!!". In time the dog will know NOT to do that as it is not acceptable behavior.

Alison needs pushed down and told "NO, BAD DOG!!!".

Old 08-06-2008, 02:15 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,161,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
What do you mean "learn the hard way"......if she gets dumped, ignored, or treated like dirt then that is what I call being learned the hard way.
Yea....exactly......that's the only way some ppl learn....unfortunatley.

Old 08-06-2008, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Arts guy....I think cave dude is saying that some ppl just simply have to learn the hard way....be it that they are hard headed, ignorat whatever.....some ppl just have to learn hands on.

Cave dude.....I see what arts guy is saying too.......learn by others mistakes..... That would be utopian but its' not always how it works out

kiss n' make nice boys
Hey, I don't have a prob w/Art. He makes me think about what I said and holds me accountable for my reasoning. I respect that.

Old 08-06-2008, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Cave Man View Post
Hey, I don't have a prob w/Art. He makes me think about what I said and holds me accountable for my reasoning. I respect that.
See Artsy.......

Old 08-06-2008, 02:20 PM

Is there a problem w/learning the hard way? LEARNING, is the key word.

"Do it once, you were ignorant; do it twice, your stupid." If there is recourse on your "wrong" actions. If you get away w/it, you'll keep doing it.

Old 08-06-2008, 02:25 PM

272 posts, read 620,811 times
The OP is not unique. I, along with countless of other men, have experienced the same. It really angers me when people 'don't know' why they cheat or do things which they KNOW is wrong and hurts the other person.

As cruel as it sounds, the first thought that came to mind is that women like the OP should have their vaginas sown shut and thrown in a ditch to be forgotten. (Unfortunately, there are so many women like the OP. There probably wouldn't be enough ditches to leave all these crazy broads behind in a deserted town to fend and suffer on their own).

Old 08-06-2008, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldl79 View Post
The OP is not unique. I, along with countless of other men, have experienced the same. It really angers me when people 'don't know' why they cheat or do things which they KNOW is wrong and hurts the other person.

As cruel as it sounds, the first thought that came to mind is that women like the OP should have their vaginas sown shut and thrown in a ditch to be forgotten. (Unfortunately, there are so many women like the OP. There probably wouldn't be enough ditches to leave all these crazy broads behind in a deserted town to fend and suffer on their own).
lol What?! wait waitwait....so you do/have done it but you hate ppl who do it? and a ditch? really??? tad bit harsh donchaythink? wait, do you know Wclac??

Old 08-06-2008, 03:42 PM

272 posts, read 620,811 times
No, I'm saying that I've experienced what the OP has done to her boyfriend (being with a cheating girlfriend, etc.)

And, no, leaving someone in a ditch to fend for themselves isn't harsh. It's nothing compared to her habitual cheating.

Quote:
lol What?! wait waitwait....so you do/have done it but you hate ppl who do it? and a ditch? really??? tad bit harsh donchaythink? wait, do you know Wclac??

Last edited by ronaldl79; 08-06-2008 at 04:12 PM..

Old 08-06-2008, 04:05 PM

1,167 posts, read 1,520,004 times
I (luckily) have not been cheated on (that I know of) and I have never cheated, even when the guy I was dating was not of interest of me anymore. To me there is only one, whether I am happy or not. I do not need to amass large quantities of suitors in order to validate my existance.

I feel lucky that I found the love of my life and he shares the same moral values as I do. I would never compromise the relationship that I have with my husband. I gave up quite a few of my close friends who happened to be males, because I did not want to put myself in any position where there would be any temptation to hurt the person I love more than I could ever love another.

It is never worth it to cheat. I don't know from first hand experience, but I've seen it happen often enough and I would never wish to experience cheating or being cheated on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships