Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 02:43 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesandveybe View Post
I'm watching this thread, waiting for some feminist pig to jump in and console her for being the victim of a man's abuse, which explains everything she ever did wrong in her entire life.
How about you hold your breath while you're waiting for that post?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2008, 02:44 PM

658 posts, read 830,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
How about you hold your breath while you're waiting for that post?
Oh sorry, this isn't craigslist, is it?

Old 08-05-2008, 02:51 PM

1,882 posts, read 4,618,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onethatsbroken View Post
Yes I understand what she done is wrong? Ok I know that, but in real life there are people that have these kind of true issues... And I do agree that she needs prof. help instead of coming on here to find it..

But I do not think that its fair to poke fun at her issue... She may already be depressed or something... We dont need to make that worse for her... She admitted that she was wrong we dont have to tell her that.
she admitted she was wrong, knew it was wrong, and did it anyway. Depressed? No I call that selfish, and that is a major problem w/people today, me included.

I'll give you that it wasn't right to poke fun, and that was my selfishness. But don't make excusses for her, people need to be held accountable for their actions. That is another BIG issue w/America today, it's never their fault.......or they "can't help it".

Turn this around on you. Would you be P.O.? How would you feel if your bf said he couldn't help it? Well, it happened to me, long time ago. I could have done the same go my gf, but I didn't.....I had what was called RESPECT for others. It's not tooo common anymore. I give respect to those who deserve it. I believe you do, but the Op doesn't have my respect......yet.

I haven't heard a peep outta her, guess she couldn't handle it?

Your alright, one, and thanks for call'n me out on my disrespectfulness........but I think you understand my point. take care

Old 08-05-2008, 02:56 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,335,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
ya walking away from the problem is going to solve all her issues...some help you are Cat. Responsible adults stick with the problem until it is resolved. She needs to toughen up and be a woman.

Well, you've read the comments. She's done it before and will do it again. She needs to just walk out of his life now before he looses it and something bad happens.

Old 08-05-2008, 03:09 PM

55 posts, read 124,249 times
Yes Capt. I completely understand. :-)

Old 08-05-2008, 03:15 PM

55 posts, read 124,249 times
Mr Cat I think that you just have to ignore Arts he doesnt even know anything about relationships

Old 08-05-2008, 03:16 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,164,129 times
ayay captain

Old 08-05-2008, 04:02 PM

874 posts, read 3,679,601 times
Alison, its best that you move out and go home. You need a piece of mind where you can figure things out. You being unfaithful a 2nd time is not a good sign..there're some insecurity issues that you need to deal with alone.

Get counseling so you can get deep rooted with your feelings. You don't want to cause further damage to yourself and to the person that you are with in your next relationship.

You just need to leave your partner alone..and I suppose see what happens in the long run.

Good luck.

Old 08-05-2008, 04:07 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,776,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisonann15 View Post
I recently moved across the county with my boyfriend of 2 years. We have had issues with me cheating in the past, but I thought we could move past it. He had the ability to forgive the past and wanted to be with me forever. For some reason I just can't let myself be loved and happy. I have cheated again and am moving back home to my family. We have made a perfect home together and I have thrown it all away. I hate myself for hurting him, yet I continued to do it. I am so lost. I know I need to leave him so he can move on and find true love, but I struggling getting out the door. What if neither of us can get past this. What if this damaged relationship we have is the best that we can do? I am supposed to be packing right now...but I am sitting here writing this instead. I need to leave, but I am so scared.
Don't go to counseling, it would be a complete waste of time and money. You aren't married and this one isn't going to work. If you cheated arbitrarily he can't mean that much to you and your id is trying to tell you something. You're feeling conflicted because you like the home and existence that you have, just not the person you have it with. I would say that you need to move on and make sure that you don't try to act married before you are in the future. Keep all your doors open until you know what you want.

Old 08-05-2008, 04:15 PM

874 posts, read 3,679,601 times
I think she does need therapy..based on the comment she made about having trouble allowing herself to be loved. Thats an issue.

There are people out there that cheat for a living..they dont have a problem with their actions. They need counseling..but I'd never advse them to because they have not admitted to their wrong and selfishness..thats pathetic.

But OP obviously knows she's wrong. The statement that she made about lack of self love has alot to do with her as an individual..she needs to go back in her history and figure out why she self inflicts herself this way..next time she can go out there and catch some disease.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships