Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 09:51 PM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 3,357,851 times

Advertisements

Are you the woman or the pastor? Just Kidding!!!!! But really how d oyou know so much about how the pastor feels? And how does the woman feel?

The pastor is human but his feelings should not be shown publicly. And his wife definetly should not stir up drama with the woman after all we are talking about Church, the pastor and his wife....but if other members know about this why doesnt the woman find a new church? I mean its not the messenger but the message right?

Old 09-24-2008, 10:18 PM

754 posts, read 1,448,948 times
Pastors are humans too, so just like any other man he'll see another woman that he finds attractive. Where I'm confused is, how exactly did everyone realize the Pastor was attracted to this woman? Did a relationship between these two actually take place? Or, is this a lot of hearsay? I know it's church but anyone who's been to church knows there a lot of gossip. So my question is, what did the pastor do? Because when you say, he tries to keep the relationship on the up and up, that says to me that nothing has happened between the two.

Old 09-24-2008, 10:49 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,088,888 times
I was fine with the idea...pastors can date...until I saw in the OP that he is married! As long as he acts professionally, I can accept it...pastors are human too.

Old 09-24-2008, 11:41 PM

2,141 posts, read 7,865,500 times
He's showing signs of being a human

Old 09-25-2008, 12:06 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,169,058 times
Anyone that is human can become infatuated with another person no matter what their duties or profession in life might be.
If he is keeping it on the "up and up" then he is resisting temptation and practicing what he preaches.
That in itself should be a reason to respect him for his abililty to avoid human temptation.
Everyone has thoughts. It is the end results, if any, that come from those thoughts that should be judged. Not the thoughts themselves.
Like others, I wonder how his feelings are known so well.
Could it be just a natural friendship with no strings attached and the gossip mongers are having something to talk about?

Old 09-25-2008, 12:14 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,400,633 times
ditto big difference between attraction and action.

Old 09-25-2008, 12:17 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,938,326 times
^But in the bible it states something to the effect that dirty thoughts lead to dirty actions....so again you are incorrecto...remember these people are Christians and have very very high standards

Old 09-25-2008, 02:22 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,169,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
^But in the bible it states something to the effect that dirty thoughts lead to dirty actions....so again you are incorrecto...remember these people are Christians and have very very high standards

How do you know he is having dirty thoughts?
Can you see inside his mind? Do you base everyone elses alleged short comings on your own moral standards?
Just a question. Not condeming.
Very high standards are set by the individual or those who expect other individuals to have very high standards.
The Bible also says " let he who is without sin cast the first stone"
There are very few people in this world that are so perfect that they have the right to "cast the first stone".

Old 09-25-2008, 03:39 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,660,682 times
Hhmmm.....a pastor in a church, whom is married, yet has..."feelings, or desires" for another woman? Shame!

Old 09-25-2008, 05:44 AM

3,663 posts, read 8,663,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indi9 View Post
Is the fact that he is a pastor even an issue? In the situation I am thinking about here, this pastor has had feelings for this woman for years but has tried his best to stay away from her and to keep things on the up and up. His wife is suspicious, but did the typical thing of blaming the other woman, even though she has never done anything to encourage or support the pastor's crush on her. On his part, he is drawn to this woman, but, again, tries his best to set clear boundaries. What do you make of this situation?
Are you the paster? Alot of "inside" information if your not. The pastor must be making his feeligs known or how would anyone know he has a crush. That is wrong of the pastor to make his feelings for another women public when he is married. I would not go to that church, I could never take anything he said seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships