Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2011, 11:00 AM

4,868 posts, read 8,408,792 times

Advertisements

I've never been cheated on but I've been mistreated and lied to. While my first love and I were dating, I remember one day going to take his car for a drive while he was deployed and noticing that his windshield was egged. I thought it was odd and quickly ran upstairs to get some windex, cleaned it up and forgot about it. I don't think I even asked him about it. A year later, he called me one day to ask for help with something. He said his tires had been slashed including his spare tire (he had a montero so it was on the back of the trunk door). I asked him who on earth would have done that, he then said he didn't know but that he had enemies so maybe it was them. I thought "wtf???", later forgot about that incident again and moved on. He always told me of bad things he had done in his past and how he was trying to be a better person because he didn't like who he was and what it all brought him. I should have seen that as huge red flags, but I'm a big believer in seeing the other person for who they are today, not who they were yesterday so I stuck around. I'm glad he finally learned because although he mistreated me, it all boiled down to certain incompatibilities. As far as I know, he has a new girlfriend that he's been with for at least 1 1/2 years. I'm thinking he finally learned that he has bad luck so he better start treating people better. Who knows, but there's no way he could keep a relationship that long if he didn't learn to treat people better. For a long time I just wanted him to get a little bit of a taste of how I felt when he mistreated me and that never happened. I realize its useless and as long as my life is going well and I have good people in it (which I do), who cares. If I ever heard something really horrible happened to him or his family, I would definitely feel awful for him. A small part of me still really cares about him, but I would still never want any part of him in my life and I've kept it that way and plan to keep it that way too.

There was another guy I was seeing who lied to me about everything, he was pathological almost and he used me as well. I didn't keep him around longer than a month cause I didn't want to deal with it, but I really did like him at first so it was frustrating. Every story he had about his life was sad. His dad died when he was 16 to suicide, his ex wife cheated on him and left him, he had a friend die from bullriding, he didn't speak to his mother for whatever reason. This guy had the worst luck of anyone I had ever met, yet he continued to be a bad person. I don't think what happened to him was karma as much as it was bad luck. Though he did say he lied to his ex so I would say her cheating on him was karma (not that I condone fighting fire with fire, but thats what he got). He also lived with my friend and her boyfriend and was a jerk to them the whole time. I don't exactly wish him evil, but someday someone is gonna get sick of his behavior and get him for it. its just a matter of time. I've seen it happen to people like him all the time as behavior like that just attracts evil in return...just how it goes. A part of me feels bad for him because he just does not care at all how his actions affect people..its almost narcissistic. He will care when it comes back to bite him though.

A big part of me does not believe in karma. I've seen too much evil happen to good people and too much good happen to horrible people. However, I do believe that evil behavior that everyone sees will eventually attract the same to that person simply because of how human nature works, if that makes sense, lol. Who knows, maybe there were things I did to bring upon myself how these 2 men treated me, maybe they didnt' like how I would approach them about things that upset me or maybe some little thing about the way I was annoyed them to the point of mistreating me instead of just letting me go. Either way, sh*t happens.

Old 11-14-2011, 01:57 PM

31,016 posts, read 22,056,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
I do believe that evil behavior that everyone sees will eventually attract the same to that person simply because of how human nature works.
Ding ding ding miserable people typically attract other miserable people. "Stay away"

This is closer to the truth than many of the Karma stories here.

Just because someone leaves you and you don't like the way they told you doesn't mean they deserve to have something bad happen to them. I’ve had woman leave me and felt resentful but I have never thought that anything that bad happened to them was the result of Karma or them leaving me.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 11-14-2011 at 02:15 PM..

Old 11-14-2011, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Ding ding ding Miserable people typically attract other miserable people. "Stay away"

This is closer to the truth than many of the Karma stories here.

Just because someone leaves you and you don't like the way they told you doesn't mean they deserve to have something bad happen to them. I’ve had woman leave me and felt resentful but I have never thought that anything that bad happened to them was the result of Karma.
exactly why the minute I see miserable behavior, I run, not walk, away!

Old 11-14-2011, 02:15 PM

31,016 posts, read 22,056,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
exactly why the minute I see miserable behavior, I run, not walk, away!
You are a wise girl. I still have problems with trying to rescue women and puppies

Old 11-14-2011, 02:27 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,723,112 times
Don't know if it's Karma or the J factor but after 8 yrs of wedded bliss.In 1987 I had a MC accident that left me crippled, kicked out of the Navy, on ssdi, broke, couldn't get IT up. a complete basket case. So the loveing wife splits on me.....24 yrs later I can walk again, have two kids and a loveing wife who has walked beside,pulled,carried, pushed me to be that person I am today.....
BTW Desiree if your reading this I'm pulling down 100k plus a year, have a house in town and an little farm...Not bitter, just saying!

Old 11-14-2011, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
You are a wise girl. I still have problems with trying to rescue women and puppies
nah, not wise. I just have too much on my plate to worry about stupid crap that has nothing to do with me. Its a big reason why I've ditched a lot of friends from high school, they seem to have stayed there. I totally get the rescuing bit. I realize that you can't save people from themselves, but you can always be there for them when they're ready to seek help or just talk or do something unrelated to their self imposed issues. I have a hard time turning my back on people who can't control their misfortunes though. If I could, I would rescue puppies too, especially a baby Husky..awww .

Old 01-05-2012, 09:51 AM

1 posts, read 4,662 times
I cheated on my boyfriend like the first week of our relationship. I never cheated on him again and he never found out about it. After that i fell really hard for him and still love him with all my heart. Anyway after about nine months of dating he broke up with me and admitted to cheating with his exgf. They had broke up because she cheated on him and then married they guy she cheated on him with. He told me he never stopped talking to her and was going behind my back the whole time. He is now dating her and she is still cheating on her husband who is currently stationed in Afghanistan. I talked to him about two weeks ago and he told me he had got her pregnant. I do think he set himself up for another heartbreak and karma will catch up with them (cuz it did to me) but I do wish the very best for them and hope it doesn't. He's a good guy and deserves to be happy even if that's not with me. Karma is real. That was my karma for cheating on him but i have learned my lesson and will NEVER cheat again.

Old 01-05-2012, 10:52 PM

860 posts, read 2,715,668 times
Just before Christmas, my husband and I got a notice of overdue taxes regarding the home of my ex and his wife. I guess since we regularly have to attatch his wages for child support, we were on the "to whom in may concern" list of creditors. I wonder, are they are losing their home?

16 years ago he cheated on me and left me preggers ,with a toddler ,to start life afresh with his current wife. She made herself comfortable in my home while we were still married and I was out of town.

Now my husband and I are planning for our new home we are buying together and they may be losing theirs, Karma is a *****.

Old 01-06-2012, 12:05 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,645,510 times
Thankfully, I have never been cheated on. Jeezus this is a depressing thread.

Old 01-06-2012, 12:25 AM

7,284 posts, read 12,922,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fadieleh View Post
He cheated the first time .... got genital herpes .... lost his job and was peniless He cheated the second time ..... jobless, peniless again, got arrested 'by chance' for domestic abuse charges filed 3 years back by an ex-girlfriend - And as for me - I dumped him (well, I wasn't going to let him near me, intimately, anyway, especially after the genital herpes diagnosis - Why would anyone? Imagine using a hand-me-down tissue, from a person who has flu, to wipe your nose - And that's still just your nose, not your birth canal - Get the idea?)What did George W. Bush say now (in 'his' english) .... 'Fool me once, shame on you..... Fool me twice, shame on me' So, no Third Chances. Actually, even two were/are too many.
That's not what George Bush said . . .

President Bush -- Fool me Once - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships