Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 05:42 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,331,239 times

Advertisements

I have to many too list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2008, 05:52 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,257,449 times
If I had a relationship here is what I would want to do in 2009

Listen more intently and complain less
Try and fulfill his needs, and help him accomplish his still yet to be dreams
look for the humor in our downfalls, and we'd laugh together
plan special weekend getaways once in a while to places HE'D like to go and see.
Encourage him to visit family and friends more...as our lives are getting shorter each day.
Encourage him to go out with his buddies more...to enjoy life, laugh, and live it.
Would have a manhattan waiting for him when he came thru the door at night. (used to love to do that)
encourage him to be intimate and loving, by sharing some of my deepest secrets and desires with him...
make him home made bread, pies, and pasta...(love to cook)

Well, I can dream can't I?
Quit honestly, I used to love being married.

Old 12-11-2008, 06:48 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,837,764 times
Perhaps not a resolution, but Im going to push harder to get this divorce finalized. Not sure how that will affect my relationship with the dh, but It will be good for my relationship with my bf.

I do resolve to not put up with anymore BS from my ex DIL. I will not listen to her spew filth anymore and I will not take her phone calls at work unless it is an emergency. I will no longer fake plesantness while in her presence. I will never again help her when she is in a jam. Instead I will call child services. It will be difficult because I know my gkids may also be affected.

Old 12-11-2008, 06:58 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,480,961 times
I resolve to no longer make resolutions!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-11-2008, 07:43 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,162,454 times
^^^^I'll second that

Old 12-11-2008, 07:48 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,631,657 times
I think New Year's Resolutions are really stupid, not to be harsh but seriously. You should resolve each day to do your best at whatever you do. It's as simple as that. You shouldn't wait until a specific day in the calendar to choose to make changes to your life. If you want to get in shape, there's no time like the present! And we have a joke about the New Year's Resolution crowd at the gym, anyway, we always see them come in strong every January, the worst month of the year for people who actually use the gym regularly, and by February 15 or at latest March 1, they're all gone basically. At least 95% of them, and then things return to normal. It's really annoying. Nobody sticks with something if they make an arbitrary resolution like that.

When you want to change your life, you need to do it because it's something you really want, not because there's some sort of societal resolution day that everyone makes promises they can't keep.

Old 12-11-2008, 07:55 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,162,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
I think New Year's Resolutions are really stupid, not to be harsh but seriously. You should resolve each day to do your best at whatever you do. It's as simple as that. You shouldn't wait until a specific day in the calendar to choose to make changes to your life. If you want to get in shape, there's no time like the present! And we have a joke about the New Year's Resolution crowd at the gym, anyway, we always see them come in strong every January, the worst month of the year for people who actually use the gym regularly, and by February 15 or at latest March 1, they're all gone basically. At least 95% of them, and then things return to normal. It's really annoying. Nobody sticks with something if they make an arbitrary resolution like that.

When you want to change your life, you need to do it because it's something you really want, not because there's some sort of societal resolution day that everyone makes promises they can't keep.

I actually agree with you. I can't complain, especially when I was training full time, about the new years rush....brought in a lot of business for me . But yes, typically by the end of February half of them were gone and then another couple months another quarter of them were gone....by may 90 percent of them were gone. Although, I did notice that the ones who sprung for a trainer stayed the longest. I still have clients today that started as "resolutions".

Old 12-11-2008, 08:07 AM

27,337 posts, read 27,390,428 times
The question should be, who this year will stick to their 'resolutions'?

Old 12-11-2008, 08:29 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,143,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
The question should be, who this year will stick to their 'resolutions'?
Those of us who don't bother with them!

Old 12-11-2008, 08:52 AM

5,019 posts, read 14,111,999 times
I make the same resolutions every year:

Eat more chocolate
Drink more Champagne.

(I like to set attainable goals)

Last year I added:

Buy, and wear, more sexy lingerie

to the list.

That definitely helped my relationship!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships