Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2009, 01:28 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,619,292 times

Advertisements

Miu, I hope you understand, and I think you do, I just think this thread has gotten off track - We are talking about the excessive here. You come off sometimes on here as though just a simple glance at another woman is some horrible thing, something your bf would never do. And everyone's idea of what is beautiful is something different. Your boyfriend never glances at other women? I'm not even talking about scantily clad women either. A woman that looks similar to you would not catch his eye for a moment?? and let's just say for the sake of this thread, she is in the middle of building a jet engine.

And I don't see looking at other human beings as being objectifying in any way. Again, excluding the extreme. I can admire an attractive male or female, there is nothing wrong with that. You can't say that if you passed by a Hugh Laurie or a Sean Bean look alike on the street, you wouldn't take a double look or admire them for a brief moment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
He just showed me pictures of a motorcycle manufacturers trade show, he was all pumped up about some of the bikes, but completely scrolled past the models in their skimpy outfits... too skinny and too much makeup, plus them looking like tramps. He's just not into women like that.
I actually work for trade shows. I promise you, I'm no tramp. You are required to wear the outfit that your agent gives you AND you are required to wear make-up and have your hair done. I’ve never had to wear anything very revealing, but I did have to wear form fitting business suits. I was not and am not a tramp. I never slept with any of the people that came to the trade shows, I don’t cheat on my husband. It’s funny that you call them tramps, they could be just like you, a devout atheist humanist. Just because they’re pretty, they wear make-up and they’re skinnier than you, does not = tramp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2009, 01:32 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,239,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
well guys according to mui her boyfriend is one in a million and advanced so much in the next few years he might evolve into spiritual entity and shed his body and the rest of us guys are boob gawking tail chasing and obsessed with our penis,I don't know about you but I feel damn good and comfortable about that,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
Me too! If I'm not the type of guy she's looking for, I know I'm doing something right!
LK, I couldn't rep you now. I owe you one!

Old 01-16-2009, 02:04 PM

355 posts, read 815,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
LK, I couldn't rep you now. I owe you one!
Sierra, I repped him for ya!

Lionking's post was just BEAUTIFUL -- poetry to my ears

Old 01-17-2009, 09:20 AM

2,412 posts, read 5,088,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Degenerate View Post
Not necessarily. That depends on who is doing the looking. You're talking about flirting, and that's something completely different. I'm talking about checking a guy out on the street, the mall ... not where there is any chance for me and him to potentially have any intimacy.

I really don't look at men that way and think "I'm here for sex, you'll do." I'm not into indiscriminate sexual encounters whatsoever.

I'm a Taurus and driven entirely by my senses. I probably enjoy touching more than anybody because to me, it's all about sensuality.
Also a Taurus. Same thing.

Old 01-18-2009, 06:55 AM

1,530 posts, read 3,794,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Did you even read my post???
I was responding to the original poster. There's 10 pages of messages here, so no doubt I may have missed your particular point.

My apologies.

Old 01-18-2009, 10:17 AM

549 posts, read 1,931,476 times
I did it when I was younger... Though, I did it because I was intimidated by the girl that I didn't want to look her in the eyes. However, looking at my feet was too far south and the chest was right there. I never stared though. I'd realize where I was looking and end up looking away from the girl entirely.

I've improved since then.

Old 01-19-2009, 08:24 AM

6,084 posts, read 6,056,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
One of my girlfriends and I, well, first let me rewind a little
I had to have a professional come to the home for some minor repairs..

He was very nice, professional and all that, but the one thing that always makes my skin crawl, is when your talking to a man, he his eyes, go directly to your chest, and he never focuses his eyes on you, but is constantly going to your chest with his eyes....ewwwwwww

ONe man I knew who did this, told me he was fired b/c the women complained about it, and I told him, you do, and it's very uncomforable for a woman...and I don't believe you even know you do it....

it is a disgusting habit...on the part of some men, and as I said, I don't even believe they realize they are doing it????

What's your take?

Creme
I check out women ALL the time as most young straight guys do. Just like how most women (even those that could be my mother) do the same to me. Its a natural thing and I don't see anything wrong or abnormal with it. That does not necessarily mean I would jump in the sack with them or that they want to do the same with me. I guess its just how we size each other up to see who can be a potential mate.

If the dude makes you feel uncomfortable, call him out on it and if he continues anyway, drop him.

Old 04-24-2009, 10:06 PM

159 posts, read 577,386 times
Happened to me only once, that excessive staring, but I thought it was funny rather than feeling offended. I don't really notice these things, because most of the time I'm too busy not looking at what people are looking at, because I myself am too shy to make eye contact for more than a second or so. Besides, most of the time when I know I'm being stared at, I make an even bigger effort not to look at who's staring, because that would make me even more uncomfortable. But some guys, I have to admit, have a way of making me feel flattered instead of uncomfortable with the (non-creepy) way they whistle, smile, wink or whatever they do to show appreciation. It makes me smile, because I think it's funny that I can have that effect on a guy, haha. Others definitely give me the shivers with their obnoxious staring and smiling like a sly fox...

What angered me to my core was, once as a teenager, I was just walking down a busy path in a shopping center in my home country along with my cousins, when suddenly a creep that was passing me grabbed and squeezed my breasts and then took off. I was so shocked I couldn't do anything for a few seconds. I was just frozen right there as I started shaking from anger, shock and disgust all at once. Then I let out a scream and started chasing after him, until I realized I wouldn't be able to catch up with him since he was far ahead of me. Besides, what was I going to do, beat him up? I think I would if I could get my hands on him... The bastard was laughing at me from the distance. I was really pissed off as hell! So I just yelled a few profanities, which I rarely ever do... That was enough proof that I could have strangled that guy if he hadn't ran for his life. He spoiled my evening of shopping with my cousins. We just went home. My cousins were hopping mad too. Some men are just plain creepy...

Old 04-24-2009, 10:09 PM

2,057 posts, read 5,496,864 times
Most men are taller than women

I am 6'2 so while talking to a female that is 5'5 it might look like my eyes are staring at her breast.

In reality she just is not eye level with me

Old 04-24-2009, 10:11 PM

52,348 posts, read 52,815,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
Most men are taller than women

I am 6'2 so while talking to a female that is 5'5 it might look like my eyes are staring at her breast.

In reality she just is not eye level with me
Good try.

Taking one for the man team.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships