Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2009, 09:56 AM

37,461 posts, read 61,379,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I've been very lucky that the men in my life (boyfriends, friends and family members) don't have a compulsive need to check out every semi-hot woman that walks by or if they do, they keep their observations to themselves because they are gentlemen. My stepdad, my grandfathers, uncle and BIL just don't have their minds in the gutter. I know that my current boyfriend does NOT look at other women. He's only interested in making love with me, not having sex with hordes of random hotties. We joke that the only women I might have to worry about would be an attractive math or physics major or one with a career as an engineer or pilot. He's not interested in dating Danica Patrick, but he feels she's a good driver in a very competitive field. ...
Is it a matter of wanting to have sex with all those females?

When I look at a female on the street, or store somewhere. I am not thinking about having sex with them. Should that thought come to mind, it is my responsibility to stop it. But really it rarely does.

I have a 'hunger'. I am sorry, but I am a guy.

When I have not eaten for a long time, then smelling a restaurant where they are grilling steaks might cause my mouth to drool. Does that mean that I 'want' to go eat a steak? I might be on a diet, I might be broke, there could be a long list of reasons why I have not eaten for months, and why I can not eat now. So I keep driving on by, and soon I will be far away from those smells.

A fed man, would have less hunger pains; and be better able to control the whole smell of food verses mouth-watering thing.

But a starving man would have less of that control.

I understand that thinking about sex is gutter-mindedness. I have been told this many times. I get it. At times, the 'draw' is very strong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2009, 10:36 AM

355 posts, read 814,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
This reminds me of that Seinfeld episode where Julia showed some nip on a Christmas card, and George did not get one... so he keeps asking and she grabs his head and rubs it around her chest! HA! Now that was comedy!
That's where I got that move from!! It works like a charm. Plus I get a cheap thrill out of too

Old 01-15-2009, 11:14 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
Is it a matter of wanting to have sex with all those females?

When I look at a female on the street, or store somewhere. I am not thinking about having sex with them. Should that thought come to mind, it is my responsibility to stop it. But really it rarely does.

I have a 'hunger'. I am sorry, but I am a guy.

When I have not eaten for a long time, then smelling a restaurant where they are grilling steaks might cause my mouth to drool. Does that mean that I 'want' to go eat a steak? I might be on a diet, I might be broke, there could be a long list of reasons why I have not eaten for months, and why I can not eat now. So I keep driving on by, and soon I will be far away from those smells.

A fed man, would have less hunger pains; and be better able to control the whole smell of food verses mouth-watering thing.

But a starving man would have less of that control.

I understand that thinking about sex is gutter-mindedness. I have been told this many times. I get it. At times, the 'draw' is very strong.
Well then, I feel very sorry for you, that you have this constant hunger to look at other women. I don't think that you can use "being a man" as an excuse. It's more that you've never used a little self discipline or restraint to curb your impulses. You just have no impulse control and have decided to use the lame excuse of having a penis for needing to check out females. The brain is very powerful, you just need to harness it to do what you want. If you mind were occupied with more cerebral concerns, then it wouldn't have the extra time to be checking out boobs or whatever it is that's so important to look at in the women you see. Honestly, what's the big deal about having to check out every attractive woman? On the outside, there's really not that much different between us except some variations in our hair and eye color, skin tones, our breast size and overall body shape. Where it really matters in terms of quality companionship is our personalities and smarts, but that you can't tell from a distance.

Think of all the hours you have frittered away in your short life on this planet on an activity that is so unimportant and unproductive as girl watching. What a waste of a human life.

Old 01-15-2009, 11:16 AM

52,233 posts, read 52,655,546 times
I think if you've read some of his other posts you'd see that his wife is on the cold side and hasn't been very loving.

I don't think he running around like a raving madman looking at females. Probably just a little lonely.

Old 01-15-2009, 11:17 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
Quote:
Well then, I feel very sorry for you, that you have this constant hunger to look at other women. I don't think that you can use "being a man" as an excuse. It's more that you've never used a little self discipline or restraint to curb your impulses. You just have no impulse control and have decided to use the lame excuse of having a penis for needing to check out females. The brain is very powerful, you just need to harness it to do what you want. If you mind were occupied with more cerebral concerns, then it wouldn't have the extra time to be checking out boobs or whatever it is that's so important to look at in the women you see. Honestly, what's the big deal about having to check out every attractive woman? On the outside, there's really not that much different between us except some variations in our hair and eye color, skin tones, our breast size and overall body shape. Where it really matters in terms of quality companionship is our personalities and smarts, but that you can't tell from a distance.

Think of all the hours you have frittered away in your short life on this planet on an activity that is so unimportant and unproductive as girl watching. What a waste of a human life.
Excellent post!!!!!

Nice to see you MIU

Old 01-15-2009, 11:27 AM

355 posts, read 814,803 times
Quote:

Are you a communist?

Crap. The urge to reproduce is one of the strongest instincts in any species. Human beings are no exception.

Perhaps you can turn it off, but what's the point in doing that?

Old 01-15-2009, 11:40 AM

Quote:

Having an impulse does not mean that you act on that impulse.

My point was that I dont 'girl watch'.

Girl watching would make self control more difficult for me.

That is why I don't 'check out' females.

Rather maintaining control on eyes and trying to maintain control over thoughts.

Old 01-15-2009, 11:45 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,163,418 times
For cryin out loud ppl......we look......we, yes, as in all of us.......if you say you don't your probably either in a convent, the 5th member of the Monkeys or your flat out full of it. Geeezzus....

Old 01-15-2009, 11:48 AM

52,233 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
For cryin out loud ppl......we look......we, yes, as in all of us.......if you say you don't your probably either in a convent, the 5th member of the Monkeys or your flat out full of it. Geeezzus....

I alway like the posters that say "My SO doesn't look though" I'm like yeah right.

Old 01-15-2009, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Degenerate View Post
Are you a communist?

Crap. The urge to reproduce is one of the strongest instincts in any species. Human beings are no exception.

Perhaps you can turn it off, but what's the point in doing that?
Perhaps life would be better, if we could all learn to turn it off.

I know that I spent many years living and working in an all male environment.

Work was much more productive when there were no females present. No female pheromones in the air messing with us either.

It is common knowledge among men living underwater, that those pheromones can mess up work schedules when they are present.

Life would be far simpler and more productive if we could all simply turn off our God given drives.

Produce 2.2 children and then turn that thing right off.

Some people already are like this.

I was with a support group this morning and one gentleman there is currently negotiating with his doctor, to chemically turn his libido off for him.

To allow the man to live a 'happy' life with his wife, and in the presence of other females.

Some of us simply can not turn it off, we are not built that way.

Origen [one of the founding fathers of the Christian church] was like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships