Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 10:24 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,221,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by busyandfizzy View Post
I totally agree. Don't waste your time on a married man.
That, too. Separated IS married and IS a mess - speaking from experience on both sides of the fence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2009, 10:25 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,497,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I guess I and my friends have all been extraordinarily lucky to have avoided all those liars then.
indeed it just keeps getting better.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:50 PM

434 posts, read 934,354 times
Have read the whole thread

I came in shock that people can not be more open-minded

One lesson I learned from my own experience as well as people around me who are happy and successful is to

Be flexible not too judgmental

When I was young, I spin my head too much, I reacted too much, I got upset too much and too easily.... anyway, too much and too easily....

Just have a relaxed mind, be open and of course always be cautious...

Keep as many doors open for you as possible

Good luck, dear!

Old 01-20-2009, 11:05 PM

17,642 posts, read 22,670,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post
I haven't written him back yet. I have a choice between sending him the canned response to say I'm not interested, or actually writing a response. If I write a response, I could either tell him that telling a girl her status is scary is not a good way to impress someone, or just blow that issue off and tell him I won't date someone until he's been divorced a while. I could also either be a smart a$$ with my response, or be more friendly. Haven't decided yet and I won't be deciding tonight. I need to get to bed.

Darlin', Don't waste your time with that Loser................You Deserve Much More In A Man. You Will Meet Him................................

Old 01-21-2009, 01:11 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,862,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948
you are not a true american if you dont have 2 or 3 divorces under your belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Yey, I'm a true American!
Its expensive for a man to be a true American. Few can afford it anymore.

Old 01-21-2009, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
There is a school of thought that people aged 40 and up who've never been married are too set in their ways to adapt to living with a partner, they don't know how to give/take/flex, may be too rigid and thus not a good partner.
I've seen this in 20 year olds too. Our society now expects them to get divorced several times to "develop" this flexibility. By 40, they should be coming into their own.

Old 01-21-2009, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
This is the general thought process in our society. It's inconceivable that a woman worth having would not make it to 40 without getting married or at least being in a long term relationship.
This is the common experience too. Women have the ultimate say in whether they get married and if they aren't, its usually because they didn't get an offer worth accepting. The question is then: Why?

Old 01-21-2009, 09:11 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,983,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Info's been safely saved. I guess you were serious.
Yeah. I was just being honest in what I think lots of men think when they meet a 40 year old woman who has never been married. If she at least has been proposed to they feel a bit different, but overall, that does raise some red flags to men if she's never been married.

I deleted part of my post so the OP wouldnt think I was talking specifically about her.

Old 01-21-2009, 09:16 AM

82 posts, read 235,751 times
Agree with what's already been said...he's not even divorced and looking to find someone new and he thinks you're scary?

I'm 40 and single although I have been married. It was a lifetime ago though so I don't think it counts anymore. When people ask me if I'm married and I say "No" I get that face. You know the one that says "oh, you poor, poor dear..single at 40". What's wrong with people?

Old 01-21-2009, 09:19 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,314,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
40 Year Old Male Never been married - No big deal. Just a man enjoying life to the fullest.

40 Year Old Female Never Been married - Uh oh.
So a 40 year old unmarried woman can't be enjoying life to the fullest? Why a different rule for women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships